+103

It's weird to think that we have no control over our lives because of the brains we were born with. Our brains make decisions based on the situation, knowledge, desire, and past experiences. If you think about it, our brains will make a decision and, no matter what, there is no way to control it because, even if we change our minds, it's still our brain choosing to alter its decision. amirite?

Hairyleos avatar
3 9
The voters have decided that Hairyleo is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

That's really quite bad logic. Saying that you can't make choices, because your brain makes them is like saying you can't breathe because your lungs breathe.

@runnerdude That's really quite bad logic. Saying that you can't make choices, because your brain makes them is like saying you...

I agree. This post was made a while ago and I realize how redundant it is now. I'm surprised it got homepaged, actually.

I didn't really follow every word of that post. You do have a choice. Your personality is your brain too. I mean, your body doesn't have control over itself, your brain does. But if you're talking about personality, your brain IS your personality. Your "mind" is your brain. We all are just brains walking around.

You are essentially the brain itself you don't require limbs to survive someone can feed you. Your stomach can be replaced with an IV, air can be poured into your lungs, and a machine can replace your heart to pump blood. Your mouth is redundant seeing as you are attached to oxygen and an IV eliminating the need to eat or breathe through it. You don't require your eyes to have sight nor your ears to hear to live. Your kidneys can be replaced also with a machine while your excrement pours out of you. Your brain is the main thing required to be you. Its thoughts and memories make you for who you are; you are the brain. You aren't just a shell housing this organ capable of decisions. You are the organ being carried around with your OWN commands. Again you are the brain and are in full control of everything you do.

You are your brain. Your brain is you.

@Montana You are your brain. Your brain is you.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

it wasn't my fault.... my brain made me do it. honest

You're speaking as if you and your brain are seperate entities that could potentially have different ideas. That isn't true. That...doesn't even make sense.

After reading this post three times I still don't get the point.

Anonymous