+154

What's the difference between a Democrat and a Republican? A Democrat wins the lottery and he throws a party. A Republican wins the lottery and complains that he has to pay the taxes. amirite?

4 14

A democrat wins the lottery and allows everyone take a share of his money until it's gone. The republican keeps his well-deserved money and buys jetskis.

Even if half of it goes to the government, you still end up with a shit ton of money. I mean, if you win 400 million dollars, it sucks and all to give up 200 million, but you still get to keep 200 million. I suggest you just accept it and shut up. I get that it's a joke, but I don't think that it has to do with political party at all. It just has to do with the question of how much of a prick you are.

Jardens avatar Jarden No Way +3Reply
@Jarden Even if half of it goes to the government, you still end up with a shit ton of money. I mean, if you win 400...

the government is a prick, not the person who complains about having to give half of everything they earn to it.

@the government is a prick, not the person who complains about having to give half of everything they earn to it.

I agree with you that the government sucks, but it does need to fund itself, and you don't really need that much money. Anyway, income tax isn't 50% [yet].

Jardens avatar Jarden No Way +1Reply
@Jarden I agree with you that the government sucks, but it does need to fund itself, and you don't really need that much...

Technically you woul have to pay 140,000,000. I actually take back my comment. There is too much tax. Income tax, property tax, sales tax, is quite enough. Why can't we do what the cayman islands do? It's working for them

my dads a republican and i remember him once saying about the lottery "theres no point in winning, half of it goes to the government anyway."

Whenever I read a political question on this website of any kind, I just remember that the general user age range is teenagers.

The real difference?

Two men walking down the street, a Democrat and Republican. They pass a homeless man.

The Republican gives the man a $20, tells him to get some cheap clean clothes and perhaps something to eat, and hands him his business card to apply for a job to get him off the street.

The Democrat steals the Republicans wallet and takes a $100 out and gives it to the homeless man, taking credit for giving the homeless man more.

@thatguys The real difference? Two men walking down the street, a Democrat and Republican. They pass a homeless man. The...

I never 100% of money given to poor people actually came from Republicans.
Thanks for clearing that up.

@I never 100% of money given to poor people actually came from Republicans. Thanks for clearing that up.

Are you missing the word "knew"?

I never said it did. It's not an isolated metaphor.

@thatguys Are you missing the word "knew"? I never said it did. It's not an isolated metaphor.

I assumed when you said "the real difference", you were actually going to state facts.

@I assumed when you said "the real difference", you were actually going to state facts.

Hm, a comment that is obviously a metaphorical joke to a post that is also an obvious joke. They must use some real hard facts. Because this whole scenario, with a $20 bill and $100 and the homeless man, MUST have happened. I apologize, next time I'll leave a bibliography.

@thatguys Hm, a comment that is obviously a metaphorical joke to a post that is also an obvious joke. They must use some real...

You sarcasm is soo funny. < See what I did there?

I did not know your comment was gonna be a metaphorical joke, when I was reading the "the real difference?" part.. which was at the very beginning. Which is what I was talking about in my former comment. Basically if you're gonna start something you call "the real difference", it would be nice for it to actually have something to work on...

...... [insert sarcastic note, act funny]......

@You sarcasm is soo funny. < See what I did there? I did not know your comment was gonna be a metaphorical joke...

sorry, I guess it would have been better had I said "actual" instead of "real".

Anonymous