+273

It's really presumptuous, arrogant and judgemental of anybody to say that they have you "figured out". Simply because NOBODY has themselves fully figured out. amirite?

Unoriginals avatar
1 5
The voters have decided that Unoriginal is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I don't believe anyone will ever have themselves 'figured out' because everyone is constantly changing

Javvies avatar Javvie Yeah You Are +6Reply

Well just because you don't have yourself figured out doesn't mean that someone else can't figure you out. Most people have very biased points of view about themselves, and sometimes it takes an outside source to show you who you really are. I can think of multiple times when somebody has made an observation about me, and told me something about myself that I had never realized before. But once I thought about it, it made perfect sense.

qwerty123s avatar qwerty123 Yeah You Are +1Reply

Don't you think it's a little presumptuous, arrogant, and judgmental* to assume that nobody has themselves figured out?

It's called being confident.

@Rainbows Don't you think it's a little presumptuous, arrogant, and judgmental* to assume that nobody has themselves figured...

I'm confident but I'd never presume to have somebody figured out.

Now I like how you chose to omit the word "fully" when you "quoted" me.

Not exactly an assured counter argument on your part was it?

Unoriginals avatar Unoriginal Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Unoriginal I'm confident but I'd never presume to have somebody figured out. Now I like how you chose to omit the word...

I wasn't directly quoting you; you should have been able to tell when I was said "a little" instead of "really."

Having yourself fully figured out and having yourself figured out is the same thing. "Fully" is just an adverb that poses no purpose in that sentence except for emphasis.

And I was mostly mocking your format rather than disagreeing with you. You went overboard with the adjectives in the beginning and it shows that you're really overreacting to someone saying they have you figured out.

But, I also disagree with you. I think some people have themselves figured out. Especially older people.