+308

It must be weird when a homeless woman has her period, amirite?

TomMRiddles avatar
1 11
The voters have decided that TomMRiddle is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

-Women's shelters often have a large supply of pads/tampons to give away
-If not, they often just use rags - as in several layers of folded up rags in their undies
-If they suffer from mental health problems, they made do nothing, just bleed through
-Sometimes poor nutrition affects a woman's hormones, and she may not menstruate

@-Women's shelters often have a large supply of pads/tampons to give away -If not, they often just use rags - as in...

Ahhh.... But what about women who aren't insane but are just homeless? Do they do the rag thing? So they just discard the rags after each use? And where do they get the rags?

TomMRiddles avatar TomMRiddle Yeah You Are +1Reply
@TomMRiddle Ahhh.... But what about women who aren't insane but are just homeless? Do they do the rag thing? So they just...

I would guess that if they would do the rag thing. And I suppose they would get it from anywhere - I know an old trick if a woman goes to the bathroom and discovers she has her period is to "make" a pad with toilet paper to put in the crotch of her undies until she can buy some pads or tampons - I suppose a homeless woman would try to make a pad out of anything she could find.

@I would guess that if they would do the rag thing. And I suppose they would get it from anywhere - I know an old...

True I know the toilet paper thing... But would the homeless lady keep the rag there until it stopped? That would be really weird... Or does she get a new rag every day?

TomMRiddles avatar TomMRiddle Yeah You Are -1Reply

never thought if this,... what do they do?

lax333s avatar lax333 Yeah You Are +2Reply
lax333s avatar lax333 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@lax333 someone needs to tell us!

I know! But you can't just walk up to a homeless woman and ask... I mean, you could, it would just be VERY awkward.

TomMRiddles avatar TomMRiddle Yeah You Are +7Reply
@TomMRiddle I know! But you can't just walk up to a homeless woman and ask... I mean, you could, it would just be VERY awkward.

You should...there are no homeless people who live near me, but if there were i would ask. i doubt youll ever see the lady agian

lax333s avatar lax333 Yeah You Are +1Reply

right...awkward conversation...right?

@right...awkward conversation...right?

Yup yup...
Although I would love to see it take place, if I'm not the one asking.