+378

It hurts to listen to the guy you love talk about the girls he likes, amirite?

Relationships
10 14

Yeah, a guy I liked once told me who he liked and then asked me how he should ask her out while I had to pretend to be happy for him

@LavLav_loves_WonWon Yeah, a guy I liked once told me who he liked and then asked me how he should ask her out while I had to pretend to...

Wow, same! He even snuck outside to my house in the middle of the night to ask me what he should get her. I was clearly at shock.

I do that on purpose! One it makes me seem more exclusive and two I get to see the reaction a girl has to it, so I can tell if SHE likes me or not. Your guy friend prolly did the same thing and then thought that you were actually "happy" for him. Think about it, why would he ask YOU of all his friends (the boys)? He was interested and you missed your chance.

@KickAss I do that on purpose! One it makes me seem more exclusive and two I get to see the reaction a girl has to it, so I...

Or they're best friends. Or he wanted a girl's perspective. Or any of the other countless reasons why he could have asked her.

Well, he told like everyone and we're close friends. Plus, he told me over chat so he probably wasn't trying to gauge my reaction

Yeah, especially if he's your best friend and he's always talking about his dumb girlfriend who doesn't even know who batman is... sorry.

midnightcookiess avatar midnightcookies Yeah You Are +9Reply

Maybe if you told him how you felt instead of trying to rely on little hints and messages HE WOULD KNOW. I just don't understand why girls think they can't just come out and say they like a guy.

@StickCaveman Maybe if you told him how you felt instead of trying to rely on little hints and messages HE WOULD KNOW. I just...

It's because we're worried that we'd ruin a good friendship. That's true for me, at least. I've had a crush on one of my friends for ages but I haven't told him because if he doesn't feel the same way, things won't be the same. Even if we were to go back to being friends, he'd still know that I had at one point had a crush on him, and I might still.
So fear of rejection, really.

Hayleys avatar Hayley Yeah You Are +15Reply
@Hayley It's because we're worried that we'd ruin a good friendship. That's true for me, at least. I've had a crush on one...

The way I see it, a friend would make the best partner in a relationship. If you love somebody, ask them out. If they reject you and don't want to be friends anymore because it would be "awkward" then fuck them.

or stare at her. every day. even though she has a boyfriend who clearly loves her very much. :/

theskaterbugs avatar theskaterbug Yeah You Are 0Reply