+714

With Katy Perry's Firework, P!NK's Fuckin' Perfect, Selena Gomez's Who Said, Keri Hilson's Pretty Girl Rock and Lady Gaga's Born This Way, 2011 is officially the year of inspirational, feel-good-about-yourself, step-away-from-the-razor songs, amirite?

Chapsticks avatar Music
52 35
The voters have decided that Chapstick is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

And "Who You Are" by Jessie J.

And "We Are Who We Are" bye Ke$ha.

@1210749

I prefer correct grammar.

Chapsticks avatar Chapstick Yeah You Are 0Reply

How is Pretty Girl Rock part of this? It seems to just be saying the singer is pretty, not anyone else

@lightningflash2 How is Pretty Girl Rock part of this? It seems to just be saying the singer is pretty, not anyone else

I totally agree, I looked it up on youtube to feel good about myself and ended up listening to her talk about how pretty she is..? I was not inspired to put down the razor by this song at all.

@I totally agree, I looked it up on youtube to feel good about myself and ended up listening to her talk about how...

It's supposed to be for all girls to listen to and think about themselves that way. "ladies sing it with me! All I eyes on me when I walk in, no question that this girls a ten!" you know... It's for everyone. Not just her.

Chapsticks avatar Chapstick Yeah You Are +11Reply

None of these songs make me want to put the scissors down. They can't see me so they don't know anything about me and my appearance but if it makes them feel like they're doing something to help then I guess it's fine...

yeahyouares avatar yeahyouare Yeah You Are +2Reply
@yeahyouare None of these songs make me want to put the scissors down. They can't see me so they don't know anything about me...

I agree. I hate when people post to websites like sixbillionsecrets and say "you are all beautiful" its like, no, you've never seen me, how are you so sure? :/

@I agree. I hate when people post to websites like sixbillionsecrets and say "you are all beautiful" its like, no...

Well that's just to kind of brighten your day. It really means nothing. Just some rare kind words from a stranger who cares.

I agree with you, it annoys me too but if it makes them feel better for saying it then it's ok I suppose.

yeahyouares avatar yeahyouare Yeah You Are 0Reply

I didn't say they would actually help a depressed person... but thats what their intent is.

@Chapstick I didn't say they would actually help a depressed person... but thats what their intent is.

I'm not saying you did say they would help. I voted yeah you are on this post anyway. I was merely pointing out that whilst that is their aim, it doesn't actually work in the way they want it to, most of the time. Sure, if they tell me to my face and sung it about me having met me, It'd have an effect but they haven't seen me so, for me, it just doesn't do anything.

i love those songs :)
they inspire me

Wow, I don't think you can make ONE amirite post without seeing a debate in the comments. Like honestly, not everything is so literal! If you don't agree with a post- vote "no way" on it. There's no need for everyone to comment on the little words that don't make sense. Accept it and move on. =)

SpellCheckers avatar SpellChecker Yeah You Are +2Reply

Weren't those all made in 2010???...

@LOL!

I'm pretty sure what I said wasn't funny, but I'm glad you found some humor in it..

Chapsticks avatar Chapstick Yeah You Are +38Reply
@Chapstick LOL!

nice :L but the way you did the two dots at the end made me think you were like, 'uhh no..?' and i imagined my friend saying that. IT WAS FUNNY AT THE TIME, KAY?

@amiwhite ROFLMAOLOLCOPTER!

what is that supposed to stand for?

@shannonnn 3 of them were.

Well they're all I hear on the radio. And it's 2011. So they're basically 2011 songs.

Chapsticks avatar Chapstick Yeah You Are +2Reply

The Shoe Goes On by Lupe Fiasco

Firework, Pretty Girl Rock and Fuckin' Perfect are all from 2010...

@fireflydestruct Firework, Pretty Girl Rock and Fuckin' Perfect are all from 2010...

Okay I get it. We don't need to get technical. Fuck off.

Chapsticks avatar Chapstick Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Chapstick Okay I get it. We don't need to get technical. Fuck off.

Well considering your post is about 2011, it seemed relevant. I was just pointing it out since you'd previously said they weren't from 2010. No need to get bitchy.