+163

If you can force a woman to look at a sonogram to show her what happens if she has an abortion, you also have to let her see a crying baby, a bratty 5 year old, and a ruly teenager to show what happens if she doesn't. amirite?

2 61

As someone who is pro-choice, I disagree with attempting to manipulate a woman's choice with biased information when she is in an overly-emotional point in her life.

And, BTW, I disagree with a woman being forced to have an abortion against her will just as much as I disagree with a woman being forced to continue a pregnancy against her will - they're the same concept.

Inb4 controversial debate about whether or not abortion should be legal.

ashbashcrasheds avatar ashbashcrashed Yeah You Are +27Reply

unruly teenager*

And that doesn't make sense, though. Children will act the way you raise them to act - don't show her a bratty kid and say, "Your child will end up like this." Her child could be an angel. Moreover, it seems unfair to murder a kid just because they might grow up to become difficult. The only reasons someone should have an abortion is if they were raped or it will harm the mother in any way.

@Unavailable unruly teenager* And that doesn't make sense, though. Children will act the way you raise them to act - don't show...

You can't say that children in Geneal act the way their parents raise them to. There are many kids out there born with certain personality traits.

Children misbehave no matter how you raise them. Even if you are the best parent in the world, raising a child is a challenge. Parenting is never easy not matter how good you are. No child is an angel.

fEMMAnists avatar fEMMAnist Yeah You Are +4Reply
@fEMMAnist Children misbehave no matter how you raise them. Even if you are the best parent in the world, raising a child is a...

Yeah, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have had the kid altogether. Parenting isn't easy, but it's better than just getting rid of a future life because its inconvenient.

@Unavailable Yeah, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have had the kid altogether. Parenting isn't easy, but it's better than...

Dying while giving birth to the child of your rapist is hardly what I call "inconvenient".

fEMMAnists avatar fEMMAnist Yeah You Are +2Reply

Giving birth to a child when you are not ready is harmful, so allowing abortions only when they harm the woman is basically allowing all abortions.

@fEMMAnist Giving birth to a child when you are not ready is harmful, so allowing abortions only when they harm the woman is...

Yeah, I meant in medical terms, if the actual act of giving birth itself is not going to risk the mother's health any more than normal.

@Unavailable Yeah, I meant in medical terms, if the actual act of giving birth itself is not going to risk the mother's health...

But it could cause serious psychological harm especially if the mother's still a child.

fEMMAnists avatar fEMMAnist Yeah You Are +3Reply
@fEMMAnist How is that relevant to this discussion?

...it's obviously relevant. Pregnancy is a consequence of sex. Don't do it unless you're willing to face the consequences.

Unless you were raped, in which case you had no choice in the matter, abortion shouldn't be a 'just in case' option.

@Unavailable it's obviously relevant. Pregnancy is a consequence of sex. Don't do it unless you're willing to face the...

What? Why should women who had consensual sex be forbidden from getting abortions? Are you trying to punish women for having sex by forcing them to give birth to children? That's not fair to anybody. Should women who choose to sex have less rights than women who didn't chose to have sex? You can't just force someone to have a baby to teach them a lesson about "facing the consequences".

fEMMAnists avatar fEMMAnist Yeah You Are +1Reply

i think they meant physical health wise.... maybe harmful to the chids living situation but its called adoption

I'm pro-choice, but I agree that what the child might turn out to be like (bratty or angelic) shouldn't be a factor if the woman is considering abortion.

@1173364

it never said they had to be prego when you showed them

@it never said they had to be prego when you showed them

I was talking about the sonogram of the woman's own baby.
.... And you need to be prego to for that...

@1173364

yeah, and it's also really unfair that I can't kill this one person who's a bitch to me everyday at school, it really causes discomfort for me.
Why can't that be argued now, hm?

reerees avatar reeree No Way -6Reply
@reeree yeah, and it's also really unfair that I can't kill this one person who's a bitch to me everyday at school, it...

Because you can know for sure that person is a human being. However, there's still a huge debate on whether a baby in the womb is indeed a baby, or a fetus.

Unless that one person that's a bitch to you is an avatar; then go for it.

Loopss avatar Loops Yeah You Are +4Reply

Is that person an embryo living inside of you? No? Then I suppose those situations are not, in any way, comparable.

a baby only cries until you help it, a toddler is only bratty if you raise it that way, and teenagers aren't all unruly* stop trying to make LIFE seem like torture, especially when the mother chose to have sex in the first place. (and don't bring up the whole rape thing, because that only accounts for less than 7% of abortion)

@chickensarecool01 a baby only cries until you help it, a toddler is only bratty if you raise it that way, and teenagers aren't all...

Only 7%? Is 7% not high enough? How many women need to be forced to give birth to their rapist's child for you to actually start caring?
Where did this 7% statistic come from anyway?

fEMMAnists avatar fEMMAnist Yeah You Are 0Reply
@fEMMAnist Only 7%? Is 7% not high enough? How many women need to be forced to give birth to their rapist's child for you to...

it's actually only ONE percent last time I checked. So seriously, stop bringing that argument up first place in an argument.

reerees avatar reeree No Way -1Reply
@reeree it's actually only ONE percent last time I checked. So seriously, stop bringing that argument up first place in an...

Oh only 1%? Well seriously who cares about a measly one percent? It's not like the lives of that 1% of people are important or anything.

@fEMMAnist Oh only 1%? Well seriously who cares about a measly one percent? It's not like the lives of that 1% of people are...

I never said that. My point is that people should primarily focus on the other 99 percent who CHOSE to have sex, knowing there was a chance they could get pregnant, instead of jumping on the other 1 percent that's very small in comparison. It's almost like if we went around saying that we should make the world centered only around people in wheelchairs. Sure, there's a lot of people in wheelchairs out there, but we need to focus primarily on the other chunk of the world first.

reerees avatar reeree No Way -1Reply
@No, focus on the more paramount concern.

(you know.): The paramount concern is the threat of the government controlling the bodies, lives, and futures of women by forcing them to give birth against their will. Why don't you focus on the paramount concern instead of focusing on the health of a nine-celled organism?

Triplets?! With years between them??!!

Hell yeah, fuck kids. Make an account here so I can add you and post on your page about your awesome post.

TheHackers avatar TheHacker Yeah You Are +2Reply
@1172937

If I wanted to be forced to watch government brainwashing propaganda films I'd move to North Korea.

fEMMAnists avatar fEMMAnist Yeah You Are +7Reply

Adoption, people!

@meysenburger Adoption, people!

and hence 9 months of carrying the baby to full term, morning sickness, a good amount of that time unable to work and thus support oneself, excruciating pain of childbirth itself and then after all that hand it over like it never existed???? abortion may not be ideal but it certainly is the best option to woman who for various reasons dont want/ not ready for a child. i dont think it matters what those reasons are to be honest. A mother should always want to have a child before she has one (off topic) In short: dont just throw adoption out there like you are the only one who has thought of it.

@and hence 9 months of carrying the baby to full term, morning sickness, a good amount of that time unable to work...

I wouldn't say that it is "certainly the best option". It is AN option, and it should remain a legal one, but in many cases it is NOT the best option.

Obviously nobody on this page has ever had an abortion, or even known someone who has gone through that. Not only is it an extremely physically demanding process, but the emotional trauma caused is simply too much for most women, including my aunt, who killed herself due to PPD and PTSD she was dealing with. There's no doubt that there shouldn't have been a conception, but putting that pressure on a fragile young woman is a terrible thing to do.

@Obviously nobody on this page has ever had an abortion, or even known someone who has gone through that. Not only...

(you know.): I'm sorry for your loss. I feel really sorry for women who are in that sort of position. Abortion is no doubt a scary and disturbing process. Childbirth is also painful and traumatized especially for people who aren't ready for it. We need to let women chose for themselves the best possible course of action. After all, no government knows the woman well enough to determine what is right for her. Lets not pressure poor women like your aunt into doing things they really don't want to do. Let keep abortion legal and keep women free and happy.

(you know.): I do actually know several women who have had abortions, and all of them were ok. 80% of women do not regret their abortions at all. Read this study it's pretty interesting http://www.apa.org/news/press/r...-abortion.aspx

SpearmintMilks avatar SpearmintMilk Yeah You Are +1Reply

If a mother should always want a child before she has one, why is she having sex? If people had any self control we wouldn't even have this problem

@chickensarecool01 If a mother should always want a child before she has one, why is she having sex? If people had any self control we...

Who cares about the woman's sex life? I bet lots of women who get abortions are irresponsible but you can't just take someone's rights away because you think they're a slut. Even if you disapprove of the woman's actions, she is still a human being and deserves the right to control her body, future, and welfare. No matter how evil/slutty/mean/bitchy/irresponsible/twisted/racist/murderous/psychopathic the woman is, her body is her's alone, not the property of the government.

@fEMMAnist Who cares about the woman's sex life? I bet lots of women who get abortions are irresponsible but you can't just...

Why are you like stalking this page? You're not going to change anyone's mind, you're just making people think you're stupid. Maybe you should find something else to do.

@chickensarecool01 Why are you like stalking this page? You're not going to change anyone's mind, you're just making people think...

I'm not "stalking" this page I just reply whenever I get a notification. I don't see why I can't change anyone's mind. People's opinions change all the time. I used to be pro-life until I read more about it and decided abortion needed to be legal. I really like to write and debate about things so if you're bored with this page, I suggest you find something else to do.

Killing your child because it is a result of rape is a stupid reason, sorry to all you people who have been raped. It wasnt the childs fault. Have it and put it up for adoption. Murder is just as bad as rape, if not worse.

@subjectoflove Killing your child because it is a result of rape is a stupid reason, sorry to all you people who have been raped...

It wasn't the woman's fault she was raped. The woman is the victim and you shouldn't force her to give birth against her will because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

fEMMAnists avatar fEMMAnist Yeah You Are +9Reply
@fEMMAnist It wasn't the woman's fault she was raped. The woman is the victim and you shouldn't force her to give birth...

Im not saying it was her fault, im just saying she should give it up. Its not the babies fault either.

@subjectoflove Im not saying it was her fault, im just saying she should give it up. Its not the babies fault either.

If it's not her "fault" isn't it cruel to force her to go through childbirth and almost a year of pregnancy, especially if she is not emotionally or physically ready for it? That could seriously harm her, particularly if she is already traumatized from being raped.

fEMMAnists avatar fEMMAnist Yeah You Are +6Reply
@and an abortion isn't as traumatizing?

(you know.): There is no credible evidence to suggest that abortion is any more traumatizing than childbirth.

I sort of understand what you are saying. I think it's really hypocritical when people claim abortion is murder but murder is okay when the woman wasn't a slut.

No, that's not the same thing. A person who has had sex is making a conscious choice that they are aware of what they're doing and aware of the consequences. If someone is raped, you're taking that away from them. A fourteen-year-old girl who got raped and is pregnant is not the same as a sixteen-year-old girl who forgot to wear a condom.

And religiously, abortion is pardonable in cases of rape.

@Unavailable No, that's not the same thing. A person who has had sex is making a conscious choice that they are aware of what...

Abortion us not pardonable in religion because of rape. The only pardonable abortion is if the mother will die because of the pregnancy.

@chickensarecool01 Abortion us not pardonable in religion because of rape. The only pardonable abortion is if the mother will die...

There is thing called "forgiveness" it's kind of a nice idea. If you believe in forgiveness you believe that all things can be pardonable and all people deserve rights like the right to control their body.

@subjectoflove Still. She can have the baby and give it up. No good excuse for killing a baby.

One: it's not a baby, it's an embryo.
Two: are you honestly and truly suggesting that a girl, one who has already gone through one of the worst things a human being can go through, be subjected to further pain? For those nine months of pregnancy, she would not be able to escape what happened to her for more than a few seconds. That's torture.

Anonymous