+572

People should be more angry with their partner than the random person that their partner cheated on them with, (as long as it is not a friend). They're the ones who made a commitment to them and broke it, not the third party, amirite?

SamanthaaJs avatar Relationships
7 14
The voters have decided that SamanthaaJ is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It depends on if the person knew that the unfaithful one was in a relationship. If Jane Doe is mad at John Doe's mistress when the mistress didn't know John was infact committed to Jane, the mistress is not at fault. However, if the mistress knew about Jane, then the mistress is also at fault (not nearly to the same degree) for disrespecting the boundaries set by said relationship.

Yeah, I always say this.

Jennitalias avatar Jennitalia Yeah You Are +3Reply

What if the third party was a friend of the guy who got cheated on? Should he be equally angry at both of them?

@What if the third party was a friend of the guy who got cheated on? Should he be equally angry at both of them?

I think he should be equally angry. But its not right when that happens and he only forgives one of them.

SamanthaaJs avatar SamanthaaJ Yeah You Are 0Reply

It is competetion, nature tells you to kill the competetion if you cannot win with ease. Woman cannot run off with Mr Sensitive to your desperation due to emotional issue if Mr Sensitive is dead.

@SamanthaaJ ah what?

Think about it, you have to show you are the stronger and better to mate with male or female so you must puff up and beat the opposition. That happens throughout nature, why should we expect us as animals to work completely different.

@Unused Think about it, you have to show you are the stronger and better to mate with male or female so you must puff up...

because you shouldn't he competing for someone who cheats on you. That's pathetic.

@SamanthaaJ because you shouldn't he competing for someone who cheats on you. That's pathetic.

To be honest, I don't hold a huge thing on cheating as I'm open minded and if there are reasons then I will hear it out before deciding. But I'm simply stating how animal instinct would be to compete. We are not a species that mates for life so we would need to always step up to a challenge.

@Unused To be honest, I don't hold a huge thing on cheating as I'm open minded and if there are reasons then I will hear it...

Haha yeah I see what you mean about the competition. Buut like you said we are not meant to mate for life so why compete when, naturally, you should be moving on to the next one anyhow.

@SamanthaaJ Haha yeah I see what you mean about the competition. Buut like you said we are not meant to mate for life so why...

Sometimes the cake is so tasty you wish it was bigger. Fact is though, routine is a big part of the wish to stay together, like when a TV show ends and you feel something is missing. We all fear being alone as well.

I don't think the person who was cheated on should be mad at the third party at all, even if they did know at the time. That person has no commitment or loyalty to the person who was cheated on. Did they make a crappy choice in who they go out with (the cheater)? Yes. Should they not have let the cheater indulge his/her cheating habits with him/herself? Probably.
However, I don't think the cheated on person has any right to direct their anger at the third party, unless that third party acts badly towards them, makes a personal, negative link to the cheated on. Otherwise, the cheating partner is the only one who deserves anger and blame, seeing as they were the one that broke their commitment.

heysoulsisters avatar heysoulsister Yeah You Are 0Reply