+419

Teen Girls: I'm pretty sure that anyone who read 'The Ugly Duckling' as a kid did not immediately draw the conclusion that 'no one will like us unless we're pretty.' That wasn't even the moral of the story. amirite?

I_Predict_A_Riots avatar Food & Drink
8 15
The voters have decided that I_Predict_A_Riot is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

People read way to deep into things.

It's like changing ba ba black sheep to ba ba rainbow sheep. It's about a f*cking sheep! What does it matter what colour it is!

_Z_s avatar _Z_ Yeah You Are +11Reply

I have never ever in my life heard a teen age girl complain about this. I've heard older women complain about it but never a teenager. Actually I've also heard older women complain about The Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Snow White but never heard a teenage girl complain about it.

Nicole_Anonymouss avatar Nicole_Anonymous Yeah You Are +10Reply

Oh God, are those idiots trying to ban Ugly Duckling now? Please tell me people aren't THAT stupid.

@Oh God, are those idiots trying to ban Ugly Duckling now? Please tell me people aren't THAT stupid.

Not that I know of... People (namely teen girls) are just starting to complain about it which bugs me because they are completely missing the point of a story which like a 5 year old could undersand.

I_Predict_A_Riots avatar I_Predict_A_Riot Yeah You Are +10Reply

I'm pretty sure who ever "complained" about this was kidding.

Why is this only directed at teen girls?

only hitting no way cause there's a post like this on the home page.

@rachaelllx3 only hitting no way cause there's a post like this on the home page.

No, there was a post on the home page that said the point of the ugly duckling WAS that nobody likes you unless you're pretty. This one is saying nobody actually thought that as a kid.

OhPleases avatar OhPlease Yeah You Are +10Reply