+409

A great way to get kids to do well in school would be to let them listen to their iPod in class if they have an A in that class. That way the kids that just sit there and bitch about how they hate school and would rather be listening to music might actually take the initiative and get their ass in gear, amirite?

armtheangelss avatar Education
12 15
The voters have decided that armtheangels is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Pretty much, the whole "no matter what grade you have, I treat you exactly the same" method doesn't really work.

HopeImrites avatar HopeImrite Yeah You Are +17Reply
@HopeImrite Pretty much, the whole "no matter what grade you have, I treat you exactly the same" method doesn't really work.

What I really hate is when the teachers tell the straight D kids, "If you get at least a B, you'll get this!" It's like, what about us kids who work our butts off and always get A's? Shouldn't we get that too?

ISayRawrs avatar ISayRawr Yeah You Are +5Reply

The funny think would be that in some classes to maintain your A's you would have to stop listening to your iPod and listen to the lecture.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +17Reply
@StickCaveman The funny think would be that in some classes to maintain your A's you would have to stop listening to your iPod...

You could always give the failing students review worksheets instead of teaching something new.

I would be able to listen to my iPod in all of my classes. >:D Straight A's!

I like to think that not failing at life should be motivation enough. How can they hear the teacher speaking with their music playing? Besides what if they record answers on it and play it during tests?

My english teacher always said this:

Classes are an hour and a half to two hours long, alternating half your classes on Mondays and Wednesdays, and the others Tuesdays and Thursdays.

If you have an B or higher, you don't have to show up on Friday unless you want to for extra tutoring. The rest have to go and spend an hour in the class they're C or under in for tutoring on the week's lessons.

thatguyss avatar thatguys Yeah You Are +2Reply

My teacher does something like that. If we have an A or B, we get to listen to our ipods while doing worksheets and book reading, but not while he is talking or while we're taking tests.

SanctuaryExiles avatar SanctuaryExile Yeah You Are +2Reply

What really bugs me is when teachers go out of their way to change things for the kids who don't do their work, even if these things are basically punishments for those of us who work really hard.