+457

There are some jobs you can't imagine anyone ever taking, or wanting to take, because of all the social stigma. If some little first grader said he wanted to grow up to be a mortician they'd probably have gotten him counseling, amirite?

FlyingGuineaPigs avatar
13 2
The voters have decided that FlyingGuineaPig is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

But we need people who take jobs like those, so I think that little first grader should be praised for volunteering for a job that's both necessary and unappealing. But society thinks people who want to lower themselves down to "bad" jobs are strange and don't have self-respect.

I had always lived by a cemetery when i was a child and my neighbor was a mortician
when i was in 2nd grade, i said i wanted to be a mortician because i grew up around a morgue and was very close to my neighbor...

I remember getting a couple weeks of school counseling after that...