+834

A convict on death row should be allowed to donate his/her organs, amirite?

AtheisticMystics avatar Politics
6 31
The voters have decided that AtheisticMystic is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

are they not allowed to?

DUDE!! did you just read "change of heart" by jodi piccoult?! i just read that and it fits this post like a glove!

@alison_lee DUDE!! did you just read "change of heart" by jodi piccoult?! i just read that and it fits this post like a glove!

I read that! It was really good. I think it's a really good idea too, but I could see people being like, "I'd rather die than have a criminal's heart/kidney/etc."

@RandalionAveragePants I read that! It was really good. I think it's a really good idea too, but I could see people being like, "I'd...

Now that's stupid because you would take their organs if you were about to die... Why have two people die instead of saving someones life...

Woobs avatar Woob Yeah You Are +3Reply

Or forced.

@Kevinmat Or forced.

Forcing criminals on death row to donate their organs is not ethical. That is only a few steps above taking organs from the dead because they won't need their organs anymore.

@Kevinmat Or forced.

You want to mutilate someone's dead body without their consent? Sorry but even criminals should have more rights than that.

@528491 You want to mutilate someone's dead body without their consent? Sorry but even criminals should have more rights...

Why? Chances are they deserved to die, and if not chances are they were a decent person and might even want them donated.

Funnyplantss avatar Funnyplants Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Funnyplants Why? Chances are they deserved to die, and if not chances are they were a decent person and might even want them...

@1192470 (Funnyplants): Even convicts deserve basic human rights, yes they did bad things but that doesn't mean they aren't people. Forcefully donating someones organs is just disrespectful and unethical.

@528491 @1192470 (Funnyplants): Even convicts deserve basic human rights, yes they did bad things but that doesn't mean...

I could argue that the ends justify the means, but honestly I don't give a shit about murderers, but I do care about people that need organ transplants

Funnyplantss avatar Funnyplants Yeah You Are +1Reply

Why should such terrible people be given such a right, seeing as it's most likely they took such a right away from someone else? These people are the most vicious of criminals, bloodthirsty, cold, and barely human.

monstrositys avatar monstrosity Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Kevinmat Or forced.

I've been saying that for ages.

Take a life and save a handful in return. It's such a great idea, I don't know why they don't figure out a way to do it.

monstrositys avatar monstrosity Yeah You Are +3Reply

Would their organs be good to donate after gettin injected though?

@SamanthaaJ Would their organs be good to donate after gettin injected though?

They'd probably have to come up with a different form of execution, which, unfortunately, would be very difficult as most other forms of execution are illegal.

monstrositys avatar monstrosity Yeah You Are +8Reply

you have to hang em. lethal injection stop the heart.

...

(i read that in change of heart.)
ahem.

I was just about to mention "A Change of Heart" !!!

Before or after they get injected?
Before they still need them, but after the organs are circulating the injection...

But wouldn't it be weird to think that you might have a criminal's organs inside you? I guess, if it was that or dying, it wouldn't make a difference whether you had a saint's kidney or a murderer's kidney... But it would still be weird.

I dont mean "force criminals to give up their organs after execution". There's a guy scheduled to be executed that asked to donate his organs after death, and they told him no because he's a criminal...I think that is bullshit

AtheisticMystics avatar AtheisticMystic Yeah You Are +3Reply

NOOO! their organs might take control of your body!1

Didn't they kill like only 50 people per year in the US? This isn't exactly an issue of great magnitude.

EVERYONE HERE IS A GOD DAMN FAGGOT AND NEEDS TO EAT SHIT

What criminal owns more than one organ? ...Well, I guess if the criminal just robbed a music store, that would make sense. Otherwise, it just seems excessive.

i can't believe they kill ppl in the u.s.

@danilol okay well you know i mean legally

he means legally too, Texas executes the most convicts.

@528491 he means legally too, Texas executes the most convicts.

when i said "i can't believe" i meant it's hard to believe because it's so sad not that i actually can't believe it

@danilol i can't believe they kill ppl in the u.s.

Yup. It puts them in the same league as other great countries such as Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Libya, North Korea, etc.

I know what you mean. It seems kinda wrong to me. Who are we to say we can make a decision to end someone else's life. Imagine if you were that person! Were only human, we make mistakes, we can and have killed an innocent person before, thinkin they're guilty.