-271

People who say they don't like the Beatles just want attention, amirite?

aZIGAZIGAHHHs avatar Music
2 30
The voters have decided that aZIGAZIGAHHH is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I think it's almost the opposite. There are so many supposed Beatles fans walking around who probably don't know any of their songs other than 'yellow submarine' or 'hey jude'.

@StickCaveman I think it's almost the opposite. There are so many supposed Beatles fans walking around who probably don't know...

Thank You! I fucking hate people that are like I love the beatles. Oh yea what's you're favorite song? Hey Jude. Most real Beatles fans have a different one.

myprofiles avatar myprofile Yeah You Are +4Reply
@myprofile Thank You! I fucking hate people that are like I love the beatles. Oh yea what's you're favorite song? Hey Jude...

I know right? I went through a Beatles phase once and listened to them a lot but I don't really consider myself to be a fan of them.

I actually love Hey Jude (but that's probably because my friend and I have called that our song for years now). All these girls at my school have this phase where they're obsessed with Yellow Submarine and Yesterday, and they go around saying "OMG I love the Beatles!" and they can't even name them. Personally, I love Dear Prudence and Eleanor Rigby.

@SanctuaryExile I actually love Hey Jude (but that's probably because my friend and I have called that our song for years now). All...

I love 'Hey Jude' too but I realize that they have other songs. Eleanor Rigby is another one of my favorites haha.. it's easy to sing along to. :D

Hi I'm anonymous, and I do NOT enjoy listening to the Beatles.

Yeah, i want attention for simply not liking a band.

People who say they don't like the Beatles, don't like the beatles.

I don't hate them, I just think they're terribly overrated. People say things like "They were the some of the first rockers and without them, we wouldn't have any rock today." No I think rock still would have been created with people like Chuck Berry and Elvis.

The Beatles are my favorite band, but this post is just stupid.

MrStormys avatar MrStormy No Way +14Reply

I don't like the Beatles, and I am offended.

I hate the Beatles, does that make me a celebrity?

More like
"People who say they like the Beatles just want attention, amirite?"

528491s avatar 528491 No Way +6Reply
@528491 More like "People who say they like the Beatles just want attention, amirite?"

Its more right than the original post (since a lot of people do say they like the Beatles simply because "everyone else says it") but it still isn't the complete case

@1206606

It's not, but go ahead and think what you want.

@1206621

Not people who like the Beatles, people who 'say' they like the Beatles. Meaning people who say "The Beatles are totally my favorite band I know 3 of their songs!!! <3"

528491s avatar 528491 No Way +7Reply
@1206621

I think she meant it a different way. Look at NotSoDangerous's comment above.

Hi cool story.

aZIGAZIGAHHHs avatar aZIGAZIGAHHH Yeah You Are +4Reply

Did you ever give a thought about different people having different preferences in music.

Assuas avatar Assua No Way +3Reply

Weeeeeeell, I'm late. But by this post, I was referring to the obvious attention seekers that loudly proclaim "I DON'T LIKE THE BEATLES" when a Beatles song comes on, and then proceed to look around to see who's listening, just to get attention.

aZIGAZIGAHHHs avatar aZIGAZIGAHHH Yeah You Are +3Reply

I like the Beatles (my favorite song is Don't Pass Me By), but it doesn't matter to me if other people or not. I just get don't like when people start insulting them, or any band for that matter.

Beatles are just the most overrated band. I mean, the White Album was good with songs like "Blackbird", "Mother Nature's", and "Revolution 1". Abbey Road was not fantastic and I remember it most for the iconic cover than anything else. Sgt. Pepper's and the Lonely Hearts Club Band is just illegible to me. They are good just not the best.

I thought this was supposed to be a joke.

from personal experience people who don't like the Beatles have never really given them a chance or have listened to not so great songs.

myprofiles avatar myprofile Yeah You Are -2Reply
@myprofile from personal experience people who don't like the Beatles have never really given them a chance or have listened...

Oh no, not true. I mean I grew up listening to oldies. Trust me, I know the Beatle's, I still prefer other bands.

True Beatles fans have listened to (or own) the "Live at the BBC" album, "The Anthology", and a ton of bootlegs of unreleased material. Also, they have the original records, magazines, and memorabilia from the era, have gone to several tribute bands, and can tell which Beatle is singing in a song, from just a couple of lines. (All of these pertain to me, but I don't shove it in people's faces, becuase I know the majority of people I know,don't care, and that's OK.)

@True Beatles fans have listened to (or own) the "Live at the BBC" album, "The Anthology", and a ton of bootlegs of...

Uh actually the Beatles are one of my favorite bands and I don't apply to any of what you just wrote.

@Uh actually the Beatles are one of my favorite bands and I don't apply to any of what you just wrote.

Sorry, I was mainly attributing to the "really- devoted-mostly- the- only -thing- on- your -iPod"- fans, but I didn't mean for anybody to take offense or anything. I just think it's great that their music has lasted so long, and continues to affect the next generations. :)