+472

Just because you believe in evolution doesn't mean you don't believe in God. Evolution would be a pretty cool way for God to create the universe, amirite?

tickiecats avatar
9 48
The voters have decided that tickiecat is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

How else would my Doduo become a Dodrio?

I believe in god, but it's ignorant to think that evolution doesn't exist to sone extent because of all the supporting evidence. Example: the peppered moth.

Pigeons avatar Pigeon Yeah You Are +16Reply

Evolution only explains the formation of new species, not the universe.

For all we know, the world was made five seconds ago and you were made with all your memories etc.

I'm a christian and believe that creationism and the theory of evolution go hand in hand. Who is to say that the very first species that started it all off wasn't created by God?

@I'm a christian and believe that creationism and the theory of evolution go hand in hand. Who is to say that the...

well, in order for evolution to be true, organisms would live and died over thousand or millions of years. meaning death is natural. however, the bible says the wages of sin is death.
so, sin=death. if death is natural, sin=?

@well, in order for evolution to be true, organisms would live and died over thousand or millions of years. meaning...

The invention of sin didn't come around until humans came(I suppose you know the story of Adam and Eve, which is basically how sin started). So up until that point maybe death did simply come natural without sin.

@1204054

The ones who could died before they could reproduce because they didn't do anything else.

tickiecats avatar tickiecat Yeah You Are +7Reply

You're right, I disbelieve in God for other reasons.

Damn evolution! I want my future generations to continue to have pinkies!

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +4Reply

oh my god yeah!! gods just hanging out up there and then hes like, im gonna make one tiny little particle that will eventually turn into a huge thriving world full of mysteries and complexity over the course of a billion years. that would kick ass.

@oh my god yeah!! gods just hanging out up there and then hes like, im gonna make one tiny little particle that will...

(Your+name+(optional)): I think that would also be more impressive on god's part than simply making stuff. Like, having an ant farm or fish tank and letting it thrive vs. building a Lego world out of existing pieces that never change (or something like that).

Yeah, I'm Christian, and I believe in evolution but not the theory of evolution.

Chipss avatar Chips Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Chips Yeah, I'm Christian, and I believe in evolution but not the theory of evolution.

Evolution but not the theory? Confused....could you explain?

Quannaxs avatar Quannax Yeah You Are +10Reply
@Quannax Evolution but not the theory? Confused....could you explain?

uh, well from what little I know about evolution and biology, it seems stupid not to know that animals evolve, for example: the camel has evolved to use very little amounts of water in its barren environment. That being said, I don't believe that we as humans evolved from apes. I believe in creation.

Chipss avatar Chips Yeah You Are +3Reply
@1203988

That's why I said: from what little I know about evolution and biology. I was asked my opinion and I gave it, I wasn't declaring my word as truth. Sensitive much.

Chipss avatar Chips Yeah You Are +7Reply
@Chips uh, well from what little I know about evolution and biology, it seems stupid not to know that animals evolve, for...

This is not meant to come out as insulting or provocative, I am actually curious, but why would some animals have evolved, but not humans? Shouldn't we have come about in the same way?

Quannaxs avatar Quannax Yeah You Are +9Reply
@Quannax This is not meant to come out as insulting or provocative, I am actually curious, but why would some animals have...

yeah I've wrestled with this idea for a long time. Maybe humans, as a near perfect species, need not evolve? I'm not quite sure on the answer myself. I suppose its just what I believe, its just my faith.

Chipss avatar Chips Yeah You Are -4Reply
@Chips yeah I've wrestled with this idea for a long time. Maybe humans, as a near perfect species, need not evolve? I'm...

So, let me just make sure I am clear, you beleive that while other animals have adapted to their surroundings, God created us the way we are?

Quannaxs avatar Quannax Yeah You Are +6Reply
@Quannax So, let me just make sure I am clear, you beleive that while other animals have adapted to their surroundings, God...

In a nutshell, yes, that's the way I see it. I don't really care if you agree or disagree though, its my views.

@1203912

Hahaha...

You emphasized THEORY in such a manner suggesting that you believe it's just a theory. Well, gravity is JUST a theory.

Anyway, regardless, you clearly have NO understanding of what evolution is or how it works.

@1203912

Creationists say "theory" as if it's something that scientists thought of one night while drinking.

@eldorito Creationists say "theory" as if it's something that scientists thought of one night while drinking.

The issue here is of micro- vs macro-evolution.

In case you are wondering I no wayed this post because evolution has nothing to do with the creation of the universe.

Amen brotha!

Whatever caused the Big Bang I call God.

Yeah, IMO for faith to be real, it has to be congruent with the real world (not necessarily the visual world). See quantum physics - amazing stuff.

tickiecats avatar tickiecat Yeah You Are 0Reply

How does evolution create the universe? This is so frickin stupid.

@NoSoapRadio How does evolution create the universe? This is so frickin stupid.

philosophical panda is not as philosophical as the philosoraptor. evolution has nothing to do with creating the universe. as explained by anon below me, it explains the formation of new species.

@philosophical panda is not as philosophical as the philosoraptor. evolution has nothing to do with creating the...

Well mister genius, if you read the post you'd know it was saying it created the universe. I was saying that part was stupid. Idiotards like you annoy me.

Well, in Islam, Allah created the world in seven days and seven days.

@stepdom fourteen days or two weeks?

actually it would equal a fortnight too

@FrankOcean Well, in Islam, Allah created the world in seven days and seven days.

No, it doesn't say days specifically, it's more ambiguous just 7 periods of time, because time to God is different than time to humans (i.e. Muslims believe that 1 day in hell is equivalent to 70 years on Earth)
Evolution makes sense, the world has evolved and animals have changed to fit their surroundings, humans included a thousand years we didn't have computers, today we argue on them.