+571

A parent or grandparent should never outlive their children or granchildren and have to bury them. It's just not the way the world is supposed to work, amirite?

PKMNTrainers avatar
2 32
The voters have decided that PKMNTrainer is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

The world ISN'T perfect, and never will be.This is the real world, where innocent people die and murderers live out their lives. Children are raped and good men lose their jobs. Families are torn apart and cancer doesn't have a cure. There will always be situations like that, and no matter how unfair it may seem, it's a part of life.

Eminnas avatar Eminna No Way +4Reply
@Eminna The world ISN'T perfect, and never will be.This is the real world, where innocent people die and murderers live out...

So we should not strive to create what we believe is a perfect world? Should we give up on trying to get rid of rapists, murderers, and incompetence simply because "it's a part of life"? Perhaps we should get rid of human law and governments and be under anarchy? Maybe we should give up looking for the next medical breakthrough because, oh well: if it was what the world wanted, we would have a cure for cancer, diabetes, autism, and paralysis readily available to us already?

PKMNTrainers avatar PKMNTrainer Yeah You Are 0Reply
@PKMNTrainer So we should not strive to create what we believe is a perfect world? Should we give up on trying to get rid of...

What the fuck are you talking about? I never said we shouldn't try to get rid of those types of people, which is impossible anyways because only you can decide what you do to yourself and others, in most circumstances. I simply stated that the world isn't perfect, like OP apparently believes it should be. Everything that happens to us is a part of life, that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to change an outcome. It simply means the outcome is a part of life, no matter how we try to alter it. This isn't saying that what we do isn't successful, because we've created things like cures for diseases, government, transportation, etc. It's saying that children dying before their parents or grandparents isn't exactly wrong, although tragic, because dying is a part of life, though that slightly contradicts itself. Your whole argument is invalid because your response to me is not at all what I said.

@Eminna What the fuck are you talking about? I never said we shouldn't try to get rid of those types of people, which is...

Argument? I was simply asking, but thank you for believing it was an argument. You did however use the phrase "it's a part of life", which stands out (to me at the very least) to be the biggest apathetic, pessimistic phrase out there next to "I don't care". You are insinuating that "it's a part of life" so we should just put our big girl panties/big boy pants on and get over it. Why not put on our big girl panties and try to change it? Why not try to keep kids from driving drunk in bad weather (or any weather) and killing three other teens, paralyzing one from the neck down, and traumatizing one of the killed's brother by forcing him to witness the scene? Why not try to stop the murders and rapes and unnaturally caused deaths? Change is a bigger part of life than misery.

@PKMNTrainer Argument? I was simply asking, but thank you for believing it was an argument. You did however use the phrase "it's...

It's a common phrase people use... It's definitely not how I meant it, and I'm sure others understand that things happen, that's not saying we shouldn't try to do anything about it. You're taking my words too literally because although things happen, I'm not at ALL saying that we shouldn't try to create a better environment for ourselves, so in no way do I see that as pessimistic, when in fact it's meaning as I used it is the exact opposite. I was referring to OP, anyways, because THEY'RE the ones who are believing the world is perfect, when I'm pointing out that it's clearly not. I don't like how you keep giving me examples, when most of those things are related to PEOPLE themselves making a decision which causes most of the things you listed. PEOPLE are responsible for themselves, and if someone decides to drive drunk and cause that, is that my fault? Or anyone elses? No. All we can do is provide information to better living and taking care of ourselves (cont)

@Eminna It's a common phrase people use... It's definitely not how I meant it, and I'm sure others understand that things...

and others, but in the end, natural disasters, and death by NATURAL causes or causes we cannot prevent is a part of life, because we as humans have no effect on someone dying if we can't prevent it. Do you understand what I'm saying now?

@Eminna and others, but in the end, natural disasters, and death by NATURAL causes or causes we cannot prevent is a part of...

I clearly stated at least I saw it that way, and did not speak for anyone else. Who am I to speak for even the speechless? I am OP and I most certainly don't believe a common perfect world cannot be created: you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time. Hell, you can't even please SOME of the people all the time. As I stated in a comment I made to someone else in this thread, everyone has their own perfect world and compares the real world in some way to their perfect one. It's how we come up with a feeling towards something or a desire to change something about our lives. I am speaking about the actions of PEOPLE, not NATURAL actions because we can't change the weather or decide what two tectonic plates should overlap without the actions of PEOPLE. Unless you live in the wild, actions of PEOPLE affect you close to 100% more than NATURE. The only time that isn't so is when there's a big storm or an earthquake or trees bec...

@PKMNTrainer I clearly stated at least I saw it that way, and did not speak for anyone else. Who am I to speak for even the...

or trees become sentient and go after beavers. And that really isn't very often unless you live in the wild. We live in a human-created world. Planes, trains, and automobiles; computers, television, video games; vodka, hamburgers, shoes; schools, libraries, churches. We are surrounded by people and their actions. If you get into a car wreck, it's most likely due to being intoxicated, a car malfunction, or even just plain stupidity. All of those are the result of people, not nature.

PKMNTrainers avatar PKMNTrainer Yeah You Are -1Reply

Children are prepared to see their parents die. Parents are never prepared to lose a child (unless they're terminally ill, in the military etc., because there's the always a major possibilty there). But generally speaking, parents die before their kids. And I've never done research on the subject, but I've heard of parents divorcing or even killing themselves after their kids pass. I've only heard of a couple of cases where kids killed themselves after the death of a parent.

MyCatIsaCows avatar MyCatIsaCow Yeah You Are +4Reply

I don't know why this reminds me of Lord of the Rings.

@Unavailable I don't know why this reminds me of Lord of the Rings.

I shall gladly take that as a compliment! Haha.

PKMNTrainers avatar PKMNTrainer Yeah You Are +1Reply

An Unfinished Life w/JLO?

This post reminds me of that one part in Lord of the Rings :D

Wow some people commenting here are retarded. It means that children are dying before there parents everyone. Its horrible :(

@WinnerWinnerChickenD Wow some people commenting here are retarded. It means that children are dying before there parents everyone. Its...

Wow, some people here don't understand that we DO get the post, but we're saying the world isn't perfect so sometimes a child does die before their parents/grandparents.

Btw, *their.

Eminnas avatar Eminna No Way +3Reply

Not retarded. They're just expressing their views. That's what this site is for, amirite? ;) I appreciate everyone's comments simply because it's refreshing to have someone tell your their opinion, their honest opinion.

I didn't realize the world has a rulebook.

@ThatOneNut I didn't realize the world has a rulebook.

Theyre not saying the world has a rulebook, it's just that it's terrible it has to happen and it's against the way it should work in a perfect world.

fruit_loopss avatar fruit_loops Yeah You Are +10Reply
@fruit_loops Theyre not saying the world has a rulebook, it's just that it's terrible it has to happen and it's against the way...

A perfect world will never exist, and is completely irrelevant to the real world, in which this happens.

@ThatOneNut A perfect world will never exist, and is completely irrelevant to the real world, in which this happens.

You don't know that... that's fine if you think that but no need to force it on him/her

duckshirts avatar duckshirt Yeah You Are +1Reply
@ThatOneNut A perfect world cannot exists, this isn't an opinion.

A perfect world exists in each and every person's head. Even though that might not be how the real world works, it's how that person believes it should. Each person's world is based on their beliefs, teachings, feelings, and experiences. They come to compare the real world to their idea of a perfect world. That's why you have those who believe murder is always wrong, debates on abortion and marijuana laws, et al. They strive to create their perfect world. If someone's granddaughter dies tragically before them, they feel wronged because in their perfect world, that shouldn't happen.

Also, your pic is most good.

@PKMNTrainer A perfect world exists in each and every person's head. Even though that might not be how the real world works...

Even if someone could create their perfect world they would soon reload that it isn't perfect because we only have ideas of what we want, not what we need. It is moronic to think a perfect world could ever exist.

@ThatOneNut Even if someone could create their perfect world they would soon reload that it isn't perfect because we only have...

Perfect is an opinion, and opinion's are that person's
own. An opinion can only be disagreed with, not proven moronic. You have not seen what they've seen, heard what they've heard, felt how they've felt or you wouldn't be you. You would be them and, in being such, will share their opinions. I don't believe a common perfect world is achievable, but that we each have the idea of our own perfect world and how it would work. We strive to make our perfect world, but cannot succeed. That doesn't mean, however, that there shouldn't be change or progress towards the goal of real world perfection.

A perfect world by definition can exist, because if a theoretical perfect world contained an impossibility, wouldn't that be an imperfection? [/Philosoraptor] There might be multiple definitions of perfect, but a world without things like, say, parents outliving children is not logically impossible.

duckshirts avatar duckshirt Yeah You Are 0Reply

Gods will is Gods will, even if we don't agree with it :/

Pugs avatar Pug No Way -3Reply