+714

Saying that you're a good person is meaningless. Every single person who's ever walked on this planet thought he or she was a pretty good person. Even Osama bin Laden thought he was doing what was right, amirite?

duckshirts avatar
28 69
The voters have decided that duckshirt is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Well, some people hate themselves but I know what you mean.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +30Reply

"Every single person who 's ever walked on this planet"

This explains why my paraplegic brother is so evil...

@"Every single person who 's ever walked on this planet" This explains why my paraplegic brother is so evil...

Shouldn't that explain why your brother is good? If he has never walked, he should still think of himself as a good person. Walking is what makes you evil.

I'm sure Hitler believed he was an angel sent by god to fix earth

@Chewbanshee I'm sure Hitler believed he was an angel sent by god to fix earth

No hate, I repeat, no hate.

Hitler was a genius. He tried to make the human race better, he just approached it wrong. He studied twins, he was an artist. I find his idea of purifying the human race fascinating and impressive. Not not mass killing the Jewish people, that is.

@Albert_Einstein No hate, I repeat, no hate. Hitler was a genius. He tried to make the human race better, he just approached it...

He didn't only kill Jewish people.. I can't stand that people seem to only focus on the fact that Jews were killed. He also killed blacks, asians, homosexuals, and probably many other races as well. In fact homosexual people were the only ones that had to fulfill their sentence in the end even after all the other races were set free.

@AtheisticMystic Hitler was far from a genius, at least militarily. He bungled the war.

He is a genius because he knew how to manipulate the German government and to some extent the world to his own ends. He was not however a military genius. Thank god for that.

He was highly intelligent, but he was also a bit insane to say the least.

@Brettward95 He was highly intelligent, but he was also a bit insane to say the least.

Usually the most intelligent people are a tad bit insane :)

@Drewt is much more creepy, imo

Oh dear god. It's like it wants to rape my soul.

I agree with you, he was a genius. And I know how you feel cause people will hate on you for saying that. But thing is, Stalin probably killed more people in his purges than Hitler in his purges but we don't say shit about it cause we needed his help to kill Hitler. Also he didn't study twins his one scientist who ran one of the concentration camps studied twins because he figured if the Jews are gonna die anyways why not use them to further science? Also keep in mind that this Dr. is the reason why we are able to fly at high altitudes. He figured out how to pressurize the cockpits so people could fly up high.

@Chewbanshee I agree with you, he was a genius. And I know how you feel cause people will hate on you for saying that. But thing...

The doctor's name was Mengele. He was trying to find out how to make there be more twins so they could increase the Aryan race quicker. He thought that would help the world. It's all a matter of perception. Still, he did some messed up shit.

@The doctor's name was Mengele. He was trying to find out how to make there be more twins so they could increase the...

Like slowly freezing people to death, practicing shock therapy, and trying to impregnate women with animal sperm.

_Jojo_s avatar _Jojo_ Yeah You Are +1Reply

Like take out the spines of two women, connect them at the back and insert multiple fetuses in the cavity between them..

He didn't just kill Jews, though. That was just the biggest majority of the minorities he tried to wipe out.

What hit me as wrong was when he goes about trying to kill the Jews, wipe out non-Aryans, trying to kill the gypsies, the homosexuals, but when he tries to go out and wipe out the mentally ill, that's where people draw the line. That's where they said, "No, not the mentally ill!" That strikes me as very odd and off-balance.

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are +1Reply

Disagree with the second sentence. I think a lot of people must know they're assholes.

Cuban_Bs avatar Cuban_B No Way +22Reply

I disagree with this for a couple reasons. One, I think there are lots of people who would say they're bad people. And two, there is no such thing as a good or bad person. It's completely subjective and a matter of one's own morals. So even though most people would say that Hitler is a bad person, this opinion carries no more weight than that of anyone who would say he's a good person.

As opposed to Odd Osama Bin Laden?

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +18Reply
@1635962

Pandas don't go to heaven. Sorry bro.

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +21Reply
@1635971

That's cos phoenixes are immortal.

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are +13Reply
@B10ckH34d That's cos phoenixes are immortal.

I believe the plural of phoenix is actually phony.

@1635971

Well technically, because of the error in spelling God will omit the Favvkes name and use the one on her birth certificate. Check. Shes in.

I'm probably the greatest person I know. I'm also quite sexy.

@Brettward95 Originality, where art thou?

Yeah, because every gay ass little comment you make on the POTD is so original and funny.

@SemiColin Yeah, because every gay ass little comment you make on the POTD is so original and funny.

You're a very angry person. Everything everyone does annoys you. You berate Favvkes and Kashish all the time because they make some lame jokes. You spend so much damn time being bothered over other people's comments. Just worry about your own and stop bitching about it.

@Brettward95 You're a very angry person. Everything everyone does annoys you. You berate Favvkes and Kashish all the time...

Yeah, I am an angry person. What really annoys me, along with a LARGE portion of amiriters (yes, it's much bigger than you think) is the same stupid, worn out bullshit on every goddamn fucking POTD. The jokes are beyond painful, anyone with any sense knows it. The difference is I say something about it

@SemiColin Yeah, I am an angry person. What really annoys me, along with a LARGE portion of amiriters (yes, it's much bigger...

You don't just say something about it, you're a complete and utter asshole about it. Skip over the fucking comment and stop being a little prick about everything. Your shit is getting fucking old and it's more annoying than any of the goddamn comments you complain about. Stop thinking you're some kind of fucking hero because you comment angrily at someone on the internet. You aren't. You're just a regular asshole that can't handle his own shit.

@SemiColin You know why I'm an asshole? It's fun.

I call 100% bullshit on that one. You actually show extreme anger in the things you say. When people are just being assholes for fun, they usually don't give a fuck. Besides, your last comment shows how annoying it actually is for you. You're just trying to save face now.

@Brettward95 I call 100% bullshit on that one. You actually show extreme anger in the things you say. When people are just being...

No, it's just fun for me to be a mean, angry person to people I genuinely hate/who annoy the fuck out of me.

@SemiColin No, it's just fun for me to be a mean, angry person to people I genuinely hate/who annoy the fuck out of me.

Sounds like a shit time. I guess some people have fun making themselves miserable. Good luck with that.

@Brettward95 Sounds like a shit time. I guess some people have fun making themselves miserable. Good luck with that.

Despite what you may think, I'm not miserable, nor do I even have to look for all these shirty comments.

@SemiColin Despite what you may think, I'm not miserable, nor do I even have to look for all these shirty comments.

Ha! You made a typo! Now we can ignore everything you said and concentrate on the fact that you made a mistake. Yay for the Internet!

runnerdudes avatar runnerdude Yeah You Are +21Reply

You're right, you should instead look at all the panty comments. Or perhaps the socky comments. Those are good too.

what do you mean "thought?"

@what do you mean "thought?"

Well on planet Earth, gaining the ability to walk means forfeiting your ability to think, so once you start walking, you can no longer generate new thoughts.

Osama Bin Laden intended to be a peaceful, lazy man, but one day he decided to go for a walk after thinking aboot terrorism. Once he started walking, terrorism was the only thought left in his head. The idea flooded his mind, and shortly after the tranquil hermit we all knew and loved became another dead corpse sleeping with the fishes.

@1635987

I cannot accurately answer that question from the context of the situation, so you must answer this question alone.

Gangsters don't think they're right. They think they're down.

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +6Reply

I'm not a good person. I'll admit it. Not "good" as in kind and selfless, anyway.

Well, Osama did play hide and seek right for 10 years, 2001-2011.

Your enemy is never an enemy in his own eyes.

HakCynics avatar HakCynic Yeah You Are +5Reply

imagine if you could just sit hitler down and be like "hey, you killed a lot of people. you think that was good?" and just explain it to him. Do you think he would end up thinking "okay maybe that was a shit idea..." or would he be like "NEIN NEIN I HATE ZEE JEWS I AM GLAD I DEED EET"

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people out there that know they are bad people and will acknowledge it...

SPOILER (sort of)

This is what makes the conclusion of Inheritance so freakin great.

Every one has lied, stolen, or done something else wrong so yes ALL people are bad people, maybe they stopped doing those things. It doesn't change anything though. If you killed once you're always a murderer, raped once always a rapist, lied once always a liar, stole once always a thief.

ChosenToLeads avatar ChosenToLead Yeah You Are +1Reply
@YeahIAm Lying once doesn't make you a bad person.

I guess it's who you ask. In this society a good person can be a liar, a thief and murderer.

ChosenToLeads avatar ChosenToLead Yeah You Are 0Reply

I agree for the most part, Hilter junk included, but there are true exceptions. Look up Ted Bundy or Edmund Kemper. I'd probably say Ted was less psychologically fucked up than Ed, so in Ted's case, a true sociopath in my mind, he knew he was not being good, and loved it. He is quoted to be saying that he is, "the coldest song of a bitch you ever met."

Wow, I finally got a Post of the Day! I'd like to thank my parents, and the rest of my family, and some of my IRL friends who won't stop making Hitler jokes, and some of my Internet friends for teaching me about Godwin's Law so that I wouldn't turn this post into a Hitler joke, and Hitler, who did horrible things in his life but was a lot more similar to us than we realize, with just lots of bad influences and bad choices, and whom we could learn a lot from when we get past the superficial details, and finally, I'd like to thank my cat, whose species has done a lot for the development of the Internet that we too often take for granted. Thank you.

duckshirts avatar duckshirt Yeah You Are -3Reply