+566

You've never thought about how a blind woman knows she started her period and when it ends, amirite?

morgunbattlezs avatar
7 24
The voters have decided that morgunbattlez is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

uh, they can probably feel it...

@guineasaurusrex uh, they can probably feel it...

But what if they started out at dinner or something. You aren't really able to "feel" it until after a couple hours.

morgunbattlezs avatar morgunbattlez Yeah You Are -9Reply

interesting thought... but im sure they are a lot more in tune to their bodies and can tell somehow...

People who are missing one sense often have very refined other senses - and I imagine blind people would be more aware of their bodies, having to navigate them through surroundings daily.

Also, a blind adult would probably have some sort of carer, and if not that, someone who checks up on them a few times a week.

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are +22Reply
@Oh Simon, always patrolling the period posts.

I don't look for them, honestly.
Just when they appear on the Home Page, I might as well comment.

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are +9Reply

They probably smell it. =/ ew.

Shugahs avatar Shugah Yeah You Are +8Reply

Omg. That would suck.

llamalover102s avatar llamalover102 Yeah You Are +6Reply
@Lucky_Number_13 Cramps?...

I get cramps a couple days before so cramps don't always mean you've started.

I'm sure they can feel it when it starts. A lot of girls can.

@chocolatecakeisbad I'm sure they can feel it when it starts. A lot of girls can.

Exactly, I usually feel it coming rather than check and see if there's blood

I have thought about it. I wouldnt be surprised if they wore pads every day just to be safe and not to worry about it.

I can honestly say I never thought of that until just now.

Apathys avatar Apathy Yeah You Are 0Reply

They would probably know when they start feeling dizzying from ejecting half their blood out their hoo-ha.

@TheVoiceOfReason They would probably know when they start feeling dizzying from ejecting half their blood out their hoo-ha.

Blood from your menstrual cycle is not the same blood that is in your circulatory system. Being on your period is not equivalent to losing blood.