+541

The way we complain and disapprove of those middle school kids who are dating and/or having sex isn't that much different from your parents complaining about your behavior. People will be getting more and more sexual at a younger age as time passes. But still, sex at 12 is pretty gross. amirite?

SomeEpicNames avatar
3 60
The voters have decided that SomeEpicName is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1239482

Those will be turning into stds sooner than ever.

SomeEpicNames avatar SomeEpicName Yeah You Are +8Reply

I agree, but I have something to add. It doesn't matter how sexual you feel, if you're a young teen you shouldn't be having sex. Ever hear of hormones? Just because they make it so you feel sexual doesn't mean you're ready for sex.

@Laconsuola I agree, but I have something to add. It doesn't matter how sexual you feel, if you're a young teen you shouldn't...

Young teens are going to have sex. I wish schools and parents would just teach safe sex instead of abstinence only. There's no way to stop them, so they should at least be on birth control and use a condom.

@Adria Young teens are going to have sex. I wish schools and parents would just teach safe sex instead of abstinence only...

Yes, but then a shitload of kids would undoubtedly be having sex, and often, which would cause an increase in population and the amount of abortions. It would just cause too many problems. The bottom line is that you shouldn't have sex as a teenager, and schools want to at least try to get them to realize that, rather than say "Well, you're gonna have sex anyway, so go wild."

@Laconsuola Yes, but then a shitload of kids would undoubtedly be having sex, and often, which would cause an increase in...

"A shitload of kids would undoubtedly be having sex." What, like now? Sex education PREVENTS pregnancies. They teach kids how to use protection, about birth control, etc. My point is that abstinence-only education doesn't help because teenagers are still going to have sex, and then they're not educated on how to do it safely. You can't just say "teenagers shouldn't be having sex." Whether or not it's true doesn't matter, because they're still going to do it and just saying it isn't going to help anything.

@1239577

I did. And I said "You can't just say "teenagers shouldn't be having sex." Whether or not it's true doesn't matter, because they're still going to do it and just saying it isn't going to help anything." Sex education doesn't just tell kids to go out and have sex, as long as it's safe. They still say that abstinence is the best policy. But if kids aren't taught about sex, then they don't know the consequences.

@Adria I did. And I said "You can't just say "teenagers shouldn't be having sex." Whether or not it's true doesn't matter...

All I'm saying is that the best thing for schools to do would be to teach about abstinence, because if they take the subject of sex lightly, kids will not listen at all. It's better for them to say that you shouldn't have sex at all and let the couple of kids that want to, do it, rather than say it's okay and have eeryone do it.

@Laconsuola All I'm saying is that the best thing for schools to do would be to teach about abstinence, because if they take...

"Couple of kids"? Are you aware of the amount of teenagers that have sex in high school? It's typically not just a few kids.

TThere's a way to stop them: how about instilling strong morals & giving them a good head on their shoulders with which they can make their own decisions?

krmassahoss avatar krmassahos Yeah You Are +4Reply

I suppose I see the point you are trying to make, but respectfully I disagree. When I was that age the things my parents complained about didn't involve stds, unwanted pregnancies, or any of the mental repercussions of having sex at such an early age. Mostly they just didn't like the fashion and religious decisions I made.

Cuban_Bs avatar Cuban_B No Way +19Reply
@Cuban_B I suppose I see the point you are trying to make, but respectfully I disagree. When I was that age the things my...

I see. I was referring more to the early sex and dating though. They don't always have physical consequences, usually emotional ones. And also, their style of dress.

SomeEpicNames avatar SomeEpicName Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Cuban_B May I inquire as to why you think kids will continue to be sexual at earlier ages?

It's pretty obvious to see why people are having sex at younger and younger ages. What kids listen to nowadays is rap and pop, which is completely centered around how awesome sex is. And then there's TV shows, the internet, and even books. These things are making it so younger kids know more about sex than they should at that age, which actually causes thrm to disregard all of the risks and morals they've been taught about.

@Laconsuola It's pretty obvious to see why people are having sex at younger and younger ages. What kids listen to nowadays is...

I don't necessarily agree there. Although media does have an effect on us (as well as peer pressure), it is up to the person to make the ultimate decision.

@Adria I don't necessarily agree there. Although media does have an effect on us (as well as peer pressure), it is up to...

That's a nuce thought, but unfortunately there aren't many people that are able to resist society and it's social expectations. If teenage sex was considered awful/horrible/disgusting/not socially exceptable, obviously not many people would people would do it. But since it's considered okay, and even "cool", clearly most people are all for it.

True, but when you are of a younger age how mature are you really, to not do what everyone else is doing? Kids don't really have that great of morals, especially if teens these days can't even make that good of a decision to not have sex until your older, how do you expect kids ages 10-12 to?

jamesbaileys avatar jamesbailey Yeah You Are -1Reply

No, I understand why all those factors are a contribution. My question was why the OP thinks that children will CONTINUE to be sexual at younger ages, to me that sounds as if the age in which they will be sexually active would soon be something ridiculous like 5. Personally I just don't see two kindergartners getting it on because Lady GaGa made jumping on a disco stick sound like fun. And on that note, music nowadays is no worse (content wise, not quality) than music from the 60's,70's, or 80's...

All these posts about middle schoolers having babies and shit.

SomeEpicNames avatar SomeEpicName Yeah You Are +9Reply
@1239488

You would, Jesus...

@1239573

Does your dad know about this?

@1239640

My dad hated procrastination as well.

I don't believe that teens are getting sexual at a sooner age. I mean we all begin to hit puberty around middle school or ages 12 or 13, so that's when we start to notice the opposite sex. I think one reason that 12 year olds weren't going around having sex in the 50's or 60's (supposedly) is that more teens were religious, more teens had jobs at that age, and families typically forbade dating. But if you look at other cultures, there are often teenagers who get married at age 14 and begin having children. And contradictory to what I stated above, there have been plenty of teens in past generations in America who married at age 14. I don't believe anything is different as far as 12 year olds being curious about sex.

@StickCaveman I don't believe that teens are getting sexual at a sooner age. I mean we all begin to hit puberty around middle...

This.
And before then people were getting married (and HAVING SEX) at 14 and younger because life expectancy was so short.

Anyone thinking kids are becoming sexually active sooner is completely ignorant to facts and history.

I agree with this post except for the part where younger kids are becomming more sexual as time passed. Contrary to popular belief, most middle school children aren't having sex. At my middle school, everyone is still grossed out with the thought of sex.

@I agree with this post except for the part where younger kids are becomming more sexual as time passed. Contrary to...

I remember the little classes were the school nurse would talk to use about puberty we'd watch these videos that would say, "just because everyone says they're having sex, it doesn't mean they really are." It's true. I think most middle schoolers who claim to be having sex really aren't.

People aren't getting more sexual at a younger age. There was a time when 12 years old was considered a normal marriage age. In 1950, more than half of brides were in their teens. In fact, people are having children at a much older age than ever before.

@fEMMAnist People aren't getting more sexual at a younger age. There was a time when 12 years old was considered a normal...

Actually, it's been proven that they are... males are engaging in sex 10 years before they get married; & 7 years is the typical figure for females.

krmassahoss avatar krmassahos Yeah You Are -3Reply
@krmassahos Actually, it's been proven that they are... males are engaging in sex 10 years before they get married; & 7 years...

I wasn't clear. I was trying to say that young people having sex are not more common than it was in past eras of history. I worded it badly in my original comment.

Reading all of these comments just really pissed me off.
blaming society for the terrible sexual decisions children (yes, CHILDREN) are making these days is just pathetic. does it influence them? sure. should they be raised to withstand the pressure? most definitely!

I'm 24. If my parents were complaining about me having sex or dating, I doubt societal norms are to blame.

You know, there's only so young that girls & boys can start having sex. Girls can have sex at any age but won't like it until they hit puberty (which is happening at younger ages now because of higher obesity and hormones in food), and guys can't get boners until they hit puberty so the youngest age will probably bottom out at nine.

Sqwanchos avatar Sqwancho Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Sqwancho You know, there's only so young that girls & boys can start having sex. Girls can have sex at any age but won't...

9 year olds having sex, LULZ. When I was 9, we still gathered around the teacher on the floor as she read us books.

SomeEpicNames avatar SomeEpicName Yeah You Are +1Reply
@krmassahos Prettt sure boys can get hard at any age, just sayin'...

I know they can get hard because all it is is increased blood flow but it's can't happen because they're feeling horny because the hormones that trigger a penis to get hard for sexual reasons aren't released until puberty.

12 year olds don't have sex. They start dating but what that basically means is a boy asks a girl do you wanna go out and then they like text and stuff and talk online but they barely talk in school . They don't even hold hands.

Well then Asians seriously know how to defy societal norms...

Well, I'm 12 and I am in fact sexually active. My boyfriend and I use protection and to be extra sure, I want to ask my mother if I can be put on birth control, but I just feel awkward about asking her. I love my boyfriend of 3 years with all my heart and I feel I made the right decision, though many of you will disagree. But I do find that many people my age feel the need to have sex to be "cool". That's just stupid. Sex is a big decision in life and people are just giving away their virginities like they're nothing. It's stupid and immature. I know a girl who gave a boy a BJ when she was 9, and do you think they're still together? Nope. Young people having sex CAN be okay, as long as they are mature enough to handle the risks and take the precautions seriously.

@Well, I'm 12 and I am in fact sexually active. My boyfriend and I use protection and to be extra sure, I want to...

you were very mature about it and i understand that you are using protection but please, enjoy your childhood while you can. leave the sex until youre older and go to a movie with your bf or something else instead of sex. there are other ways to show you love him besides sex. i think at age 12, you should be innocent and carefree.

I'm sorry, but having sex @ 12 is just too young. If I ever found out my kid was having sex @ that age, there would be SEVERE consequences. You can say you love him with all your heart all you want. Fact is, you're 12 & the love you have for him can only run so deep because of your age.

krmassahoss avatar krmassahos Yeah You Are +5Reply

If you can't talk to your mother about you have sex, then you probably shouldn't be having it.
I told my mom before I started having sex that I wanted birth control so I could be safe. If you can't even talk to your mother about wanting to prevent pregnancy, how are you going to talk to your mother when your prevention failed?
And there are ways to get birth control without talking to your mother about it.
But props on using condoms. That's something a lot of stupid teenagers can't say.

dradyns avatar dradyn Yeah You Are +4Reply
@dradyn If you can't talk to your mother about you have sex, then you probably shouldn't be having it. I told my mom before...

I understand. I'd rather be safe than sorry. My mother should understand that I just want to be safe. I'm going to talk to her about it, and hopefully she'll listen and help me out. And I know a lot of people are just plain stupid, not using condoms. My boyfriend and I use the ones we get from health class and there is a sex store that underage people can buy condoms (and condoms ONLY). Thanks :)

@I understand. I'd rather be safe than sorry. My mother should understand that I just want to be safe. I'm going to...

My mom was surprisingly easy going about it because she was in my position once, but her mom wouldn't let her get birth control. Most parents these days are understanding. Shocked, but understanding. They wouldn't let their children get pregnant if it were easily prevented.

dradyns avatar dradyn Yeah You Are 0Reply

HEY!!! Dont be hatin in young ppl. It's okay for young ppl to have sex as long as they do it safely. I'm 11 but I'm not having sex but I'm thinking about it soon like when im 17 but I have nothing against 11 yr olds doing it as long as they use a condom