+1,604

It seems like everyone can have pride in their race, unless they're white. Then it's racist, amirite?

SaintNICKs avatar
78 32
The voters have decided that SaintNICK is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I always wondered why there was only a Asian Club and African American Club at my high school, and what the administration would say if I proposed a "European Heritage Society."

enders avatar ender Yeah You Are +59Reply

Now imagine me. I'm a 20 year old, white male in south africa. I had nothing to do with apartheid, but i'm made to feel guilty about my race almost on a daily basis.

Why do the young of the wrongdoers have to suffer because of previous generations' mistakes?

ArnoldVanDerWalts avatar ArnoldVanDerWalt Yeah You Are +48Reply
@ArnoldVanDerWalt Now imagine me. I'm a 20 year old, white male in south africa. I had nothing to do with apartheid, but i'm made to...

(ArnoldVan Der Walt): I'm white and I grew up in a mainly Aboriginal population, very small town in northern Canada. People were SO racist towards me simply because I'm white and white people hurt them in the past. How is that fair? Would you punch someone's kid because their mom punched you?

@twisted_memories (ArnoldVan Der Walt): I'm white and I grew up in a mainly Aboriginal population, very small town in northern...

Yes, I would punch them.
But I wouldn't be racist to someone because of their ancestors.

@Yes, I would punch them. But I wouldn't be racist to someone because of their ancestors.

Why would you punch a kid for something their parent did? It's the same thing as being racist because of their parents/ancestors.

Story of my life -.- in class whenever we talk about white people in history i feel like i should be sorry because im white...

@Story of my life -.- in class whenever we talk about white people in history i feel like i should be sorry because...

You weren't there when all the bad stuff was happening, so you can't be held responsible...

Kaitlyns avatar Kaitlyn Yeah You Are +7Reply
@Kaitlyn You weren't there when all the bad stuff was happening, so you can't be held responsible...

EXACTLY. It pisses me off when black people want some kind of compensation or ultimate respect because of their ancestors. I wasn't the one who made you a slave and treated you like shit and you weren't the one who experienced it. Honestly, I can't think of one Jew who resents the German population because of what Hitler did.

I am not saying it is all black people nor am I being racist, I am making a generalization and if I get crap from people for this, so be it.

There's a running joke at my house that "Chinese people invented everything."
ipods? China invented them.
Forks? China invented them.
The french language? China invented it.

My friends probably wouldn't think it was so funny if I said, "White people invented it," though.

AMEN. Then all of a sudden civil rights lawyers get involved

aild3891s avatar aild3891 Yeah You Are +26Reply
@1218555

That guy sure has a lot of white pride.

SaintNICKs avatar SaintNICK Yeah You Are +4Reply

I live in the south and I'm white. So, of course, it makes PERFECT sense to blame me for slavery. Even though some of my ancestors fought for the North and the other half weren't even out of Ireland yet, I'm white. So I should be blamed for the mistakes of people that had been dead for years.

That logic makes me sort of sad, honestly. I can't be proud of being white because then I'm accused of being racist.

Wikits avatar Wikit Yeah You Are +18Reply

Reminds me of the New Zealand Maori Party. I wonder what the consequences of founding a New Zealand European Party would be...

(anonymous) Once again, even if you are belittled, it's not every white person in the country's fault. It's whatever ass who made you feel that way's fault.

Future POTD

Mhmmms avatar Mhmmm Yeah You Are +2Reply
@*futer

No, it's 'Future' unless i'm missing some sort of joke here.

rowannes avatar rowanne Yeah You Are -11Reply

My Hispanic friends always say "you are to white to say that" or "only mexicans can do that white people can't" and not to mention "stupid white people,they mess everything up" yeah..I'm from the south and I'm not that racist

trailmix6s avatar trailmix6 Yeah You Are +1Reply

Where is the balance between "not treating the next generation lke crap for things they can't control" and "not forgetting our past for good or ill"?

Just wondering...

The part that makes me mad is that they have scholarships out there for black people, Hispanic people, Asian people, and even for people with certain colored eyes, but if someone funded a scholarship specifically for whites, or worse, a white male, people would get all offended about it. It's a double standard from being overly politically correct.

popcorn_freaks avatar popcorn_freak Yeah You Are +1Reply

It's mostly because white is the majority, so there are groups like that for minorities.

tea_s avatar tea_ Yeah You Are 0Reply

I'm Hispanic, and I look white, well im white, just tht in all papers they mark me hispanic, and im waaaaayyy white and blonde, <discrimination>

LauraHernandezs avatar LauraHernandez Yeah You Are 0Reply

I'm white and I agree

SirJibblys avatar SirJibbly Yeah You Are 0Reply

Well us minorities get belittled all the time. We sometimes get treated like second class citizens.

@Well us minorities get belittled all the time. We sometimes get treated like second class citizens.

so do some whites. Do you think it is easy getting teaed for habing descendants from israel or having jokes made fun of because we are white? No and if someone calls us cracker it is okay but if we say something back it is racist. and when I was younger I lived in a place where only 6% of the community was white and was still treated as bad as where I am today.

I think its because when they had the ability to celebrate their heritage they ruined it by belittling everyone else.