+447

If you start a fight with someone, you better win it, amirite?

9 7
@nobody347 *you'd

I don't get it, what would the contraction be? You would or you had? Either way I don't think it makes sense.

Rainbowss avatar Rainbows Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Rainbows I don't get it, what would the contraction be? You would or you had? Either way I don't think it makes sense.

It can take the form of either you would or you had depending on the context of the sentence. E.G. You'd be better off with this jacket instead of that one OR You'd better win that fight.

You had better win the fight, because if you won it would be better, I guess. I don't know, that's just the way I was taught.

@nobody347 *you'd

my bad. you're right

Eh, this post seems obvious to me. It's kinda like saying, "If you want to live, you'd better breathe". Well, no flippin duh. I think the more useful saying would be, "If you start a fight with someone, you'd better be ready to finish it"

@MrRite Eh, this post seems obvious to me. It's kinda like saying, "If you want to live, you'd better breathe". Well, no...

(i'm the poster btw) i was thinking of this girl at my school who started a fight with someone else and lost. how embarassing, right?