+388

Spend 2 hours in the right Wal-Mart and you'll stop believing Evolution exists. amirite?

Emptysquares avatar Jokes & Humour
7 17
The voters have decided that Emptysquare is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

What about the left Walmart? hur hur hur

SEXY_BEASTs avatar SEXY_BEAST Yeah You Are +10Reply
@1232753

and yet you yya'd...

fatimas avatar fatima Yeah You Are +36Reply

ya i still don get it

well if I spent 2 hours in walmart with my family then yeah i don't believe in natuaral selection whihc is kind of tied to evolution

@well if I spent 2 hours in walmart with my family then yeah i don't believe in natuaral selection whihc is kind of...

(anom nom nom): Yeah.....but I think I'd stop believing in a God if I spent 2 hours in Walmart too. xD Such monstrosities.

Maybe they're the missing link?

Sqwanchos avatar Sqwancho Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1232827

Yeah, we're kind of over debating whether or not evolution exists here...

@1232827

You know that "theory", when used in a scientific context, is basically the highest standard of proven-ness, right? It doesn't mean the same thing as when normal people say it.

"The formal scientific definition of theory is quite different from the everyday meaning of the word. It refers to a comprehensive explanation of some aspect of nature that is supported by a vast body of evidence. Many scientific theories are so well established that no new evidence is likely to alter them substantially. For example, no new evidence will demonstrate that the Earth does not orbit around the sun (heliocentric theory), or that living things are not made of cells (cell theory), that matter is not composed of atoms, or that the surface of the Earth is not divided into solid plates that have moved over geological timescales (the theory of plate tectonics). One of the most useful properties of scientific theories is that they can be used to make predictions about natural events"

@1232923

Okay, I'll put it simply: Evolution is a scientific theory, which means that it's a "theory" in the same sense that the earth orbiting the sun is a "theory", and that everything is made of atoms is a "theory". "Theory" used in a scientific context means an explanation (for a noticeable/observable thing/pattern) which has been backed up by significant evidence.

@1232954

Besides, evolution isn't a theory as in "I have a theory about who ate the cake." It's a theory as in we've observed it and it's accepted by most educated people.

But as I said before, pretty much every resource has been exhausted arguing this, so just go look at that if you want more arguing.

peopleofwalmart.com

Lkuns avatar Lkun Yeah You Are 0Reply