+76

Why do vegetarians get soo worked up over people killing animals? animals such as lions kill other animals for food, how do they jusitfy that? but people killing them is wrong? plants are living organisms to! and they think people who eat meat are the stupid ones. Amirite?

Food & Drink
0 20

First of all I am a vegetarian and second I don't think people who eat meat are stupid. Some vegetarians don't eat meat because of the abuse of the animals and all the hormones and such given to the animals. I am pretty sure that is not natural and quite different from the survival techniques of animals in the wild. If you did research on how animals are treated, like cows in dairy farms, you would be surprised at how disgusting and unnatural it is. We don't think eating meat is wrong, it's more of the process of how we get the meat to eat. Don't judge without getting the facts first.

@blueyestranger First of all I am a vegetarian and second I don't think people who eat meat are stupid. Some vegetarians don't eat...

Exactly what I was thinking. Lions don't raise antelope/zebra/whatever in farms and stuff them full of unnatural hormones like the meat industry does.

because lions follow the natural cycle of life. Humans just take from the environment. feeding all those herds takes huge amounts of resources. For every food calorie in steak it took 1000 food calories to make it. i am vegetarian because eating plants is sustainable and good for you.

@because lions follow the natural cycle of life. Humans just take from the environment. feeding all those herds...

But eating only plants won't get you all the nutrients your body needs, our digestive system is designed to be an omnivore

I am a vegetarian and i dont think people who eat meat are the stupid ones. I dont even comment. I just want to be a vegetarian. What you do is your problem. Dont stereotype people dude. I dont get worked up, i just feel uncomfortable and dont go around telling everyone about it.

It's not about not killing the animal for me, it's about how they're treated in the slaughterhouses before. It's inhumane and unnatural. Stereotyping vegetarians and posting rude things like this really does nothing to change anyone's mind. Maybe you should try listening to the reasoning behind most people's choice. Not every one of us is a PETA activist who wants to murder meat eaters...

@108933

Yes, but, mostly we humans kill to EAT.

@108933

No they're not...

ProudMarys avatar ProudMary Yeah You Are 0Reply

wow your so narrow minded not all vegitarians are like that its just the taste of meat is disgusting to me thats why im a vegitarian

Fucking ignoramus. People are vegetarians because of the torture occurring in slaughterhouses, it's healthier, and it's eco-friendly. So many trees are cut down to make room for animals to be slaughtered. And transporting the meat pumps lots of gas into the air. Plants are organisms but they don't feel pain or fear as animals do. I don't think meat eaters are stupid, I think they're more eco-concious, animal loving and persevering.

Okay, I'm a vegetarian (not the kind comment one said), and I love this post. I will always tell a peta member that plants were once living too. Besides the animals you eat are normally raised for that. Don't like it? Who cares.

And plants don't have nervous systems.

I think most vegetarians have stopped eating meat because of the meat industry,how horrible we are to the animals in life and how unsafe the finished product is due to lack of sanitation and hormones/chemicals in the food. Many of them would feel differently if we still lived in a hunter/gatherer society as intended.

oh yeah and i agree with the anonymous above me

I'm a vegetarian because the meat industry accounts for so much of global warming that I think I can sacrifice eating a burger that's made from a cow killed on a conveyor belt.

I don't like how people drug up the chickens so they will grow three times their size.

I don't think people who eat meat are stupid

Percys avatar Percy No Way 0Reply

Vegetarian: Ancient tribal phrase that, when directly translated, means "The village idiot who could neither hunt nor fish."