+1,764

Thousands of years from now people are going to find an "American Calender" and think the world is going to end on December 31st, amirite?

Weekend_Warriors avatar
85 102
The voters have decided that Weekend_Warrior is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1251919

i didnt even know it had a specific name.
But im sure the people will refer to it as an "american calendar" because its not like we call The Myan Calendar a "Tzolk'in calendar"

Weekend_Warriors avatar Weekend_Warrior Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Weekend_Warrior i didnt even know it had a specific name. But im sure the people will refer to it as an "american calendar"...

What, and they're going to call all white people American? What about the Periodic Table? Is that American too, since it's used in America? What bullshit. America has nothing to do with Gregorian calendar, other than the fact that most people from there use it.

I absolutely hate it when Americans speak this way of things, that's why I'm ranting.

@Nacklefoodle What, and they're going to call all white people American? What about the Periodic Table? Is that American too...

calm down...
im just assuming that the people thousands of years from now are going to refer to it by its origin, like we do with The Myan Calendar.
maybe they will call it a Gregorian Calender. idk. get over it.

Weekend_Warriors avatar Weekend_Warrior Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Weekend_Warrior calm down... im just assuming that the people thousands of years from now are going to refer to it by its origin...

He's saying that the Gregorian calender is used by many countries, not just the United States, so it can't be labeled with one country like the Mayan calender can. And it was mostly made by Pope Gregory XIII, so the origin is probably Italian, not American.

Except for the part where it'll be clearly labled "2011" or whatever year it was from.

@MrRite Except for the part where it'll be clearly labled "2011" or whatever year it was from.

Also if they're using a calender system that included December 31st, they're probably using the same calender system as we are today, and they would understand it's cyclic.

They'll find a Unix computer storing timestamps as integers and think it'll end January 19, 2038. I guess that's not really that far into the future...

No ones paying attention to this post, because of the new site. amirite?

Sergs avatar Serg Yeah You Are +19Reply
@Serg No ones paying attention to this post, because of the new site. amirite?

I just now thought about it, and it's been up for almost two hours.

Shugahs avatar Shugah Yeah You Are 0Reply

*Gregorian

Okay, so we've got "American Calender" and someone who thought that multiple countries have landed on the moon. Let's see how much more stupid shit we can pump out in the next 21 hours y smilie

Calendar, not Calender.

In German it's Kalender

budgerigar42s avatar budgerigar42 Yeah You Are +13Reply
@Serg Its also Kalender in dutch

It's Click Click rubs legs in praying mantis (with emphasis on the second click).

DictatorCourtneys avatar DictatorCourtney Yeah You Are +21Reply
@1355918

Which is German.

and calendar would be british and australian and american.

The pictures on some of our calendars might intrigue them a little more.

@Lanz The pictures on some of our calendars might intrigue them a little more.

DCC Bikini Calendar! Hooters Fridge Magnet Calendar!

KirstenAnns avatar KirstenAnn Yeah You Are +7Reply
@KirstenAnn DCC Bikini Calendar! Hooters Fridge Magnet Calendar!

"Why was that woman dancing on a pole?" "Perhaps it was some sort of ritual..."

@KirstenAnn Probably how they showed gratitude to the gods.

"Hmm. Perhaps. But maybe the-HOLY SHIT WHAT IS SHE DOING TO THAT MAN?!?! THAT DOESN'T GO THERE!!! THAT DOESN'T GO THERE AT ALL!!!"

Except we have the little thing on the bottom that shows the previous and coming months.

Haha, ilove how the captcha for this post was "mumbo jumbo"

Weekend_Warriors avatar Weekend_Warrior Yeah You Are +6Reply
@Weekend_Warrior Haha, ilove how the captcha for this post was "mumbo jumbo"

Whoa, a time when you actually had to answer a captcha to post a comment. It almost feels like it was yesterday... Oh, wait. It was yesterday.

@oddly, mine was the same...

(Logan C): And it was the same for that reply... wth? It'll be mumbo jumbo for this too.

It reminds me of Banjo Kazooie..

I hate how this says "American" calendar. Once more a conceited American who thinks the world revolves around them and their country.

@TheSexyWaffle cough we landed on the moon cough

cough cough we aren't the only onescough cough

KirstenAnns avatar KirstenAnn Yeah You Are +6Reply
@TheSexyWaffle cough yeah we arecough

I think it's time I open that pack of cough drops. Want some?

KirstenAnns avatar KirstenAnn Yeah You Are +11Reply
@TheSexyWaffle ...you have cherry flavored??...

Cherry, ginger ale, honey lemon. Name a flavor I've got it. For a price.

KirstenAnns avatar KirstenAnn Yeah You Are +5Reply
@KirstenAnn I like your pants better...

ooohhhh why of course!takes pants off here ya go!hands them to you

@TheSexyWaffle ooohhhh why of course!takes pants off here ya go!hands them to you

Thank ya dahlin. takes pants RUN!!! sprints away with new pair of pants

KirstenAnns avatar KirstenAnn Yeah You Are +2Reply
@TheSexyWaffle wait wait WHAT ABOUT MY.CHERRY COUGH DROPS!?!?

You thought I was going to share? What. A. Fool.

@KirstenAnn You thought I was going to share? What. A. Fool.

well....now im going to go sit in the corner, listen to depressing music and cut myselfcough

Mayan --> Nayan --> Nyan...It IS the end of the world.

Sergs avatar Serg Yeah You Are +6Reply

I hate stereotyping.

@1355962

*they're

I feel special.

@OnebadWhiteKid *they're I feel special.

got the first they're right, that's good enough for me.

@Idling_Rocket_Ship I hate stereotyping.

I hate users named Idling_Rocket_Ship who don't have the balls to reply to my comment that is RIGHT above the one they just made.

... but I love monotyping.

The only calendars I'm interested in is Marie

Maybe in 100 years, they'll add another 12 months to the year to stop global warming.

Sergs avatar Serg Yeah You Are +3Reply

1. Gregorian, 2. calendar, 3. We are pretty busy writing down all the shit we do, fairly sure it's gonna stay in the books for a while.

Anyway, the mayan calendar thing is just the same guys who said the world was ending in 2000. They just like saying the world is ending and making money off it.

People won't find it thousands of years from now, because the world is ending in 2012.

__________s avatar __________ Yeah You Are +3Reply

average POTD is POTD.

@Shadi average POTD is POTD.

Do you mean "average POTD is average"? I think that's what you meant.

I correct people in my spare time because I lack a social life.

@FreeMustacheRides Do you mean "average POTD is average"? I think that's what you meant. I correct people in my spare time because I...

I meant that today's POTD is another average POTD. I was poking fun at the "average post is average" phrase, though.

@FreeMustacheRides Ah, I see. So... I'll show myself out the door then...

Feel free to wipe your shoes off again.

... Oh, you didn't wipe your shoes before you came in? I couldn't tell from the muddy tracks scattered aboot the hardwood flooring I had installed earlier today! But really, I appreciate it.

@Shadi Feel free to wipe your shoes off again. ... Oh, you didn't wipe your shoes before you came in? I couldn't tell...

"Aboot"? Where do you think we are? Canada? But if we're in Canada, then that must mean...

I'm a beaver! Of course!

@Shadi I meant that today's POTD is another average POTD. I was poking fun at the "average post is average" phrase, though.

In that case he was right to correct you, since the phrase is "adjective thing is adjective", and your adjective was "average", therefore your phrase would be "Average POTD is average".

Thats not really how the Mayan calendar works...it's a circle...but alright. let's also ignore the fact that there was in fact a year along with the date on the Mayan calendar....

@1356290

There are better ways to do it. Ways that don't involve pissing us off. :P

Buttss avatar Butts Yeah You Are 0Reply

[5 hours after first seeing this] Did you just call it the American calendar?

That's my birthday!(:

@That's my birthday!(:

(nicole(:): ...I hope your happy. un smilie

@Serg Her happy what?

I hope your happy birthday turns out well. un smilie <--- This guy interrupted me.