+297

I hate how adults are ultimately thought to be more superior to kids and teens. We have some amazing points and ideas. Why does the number of years you have lived on this earth have to do with anything? Amirite?

CrazyKKs avatar
5 15
The voters have decided that CrazyKK is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

sigh The thing is that experience really DOES matter. I'm far more knowledgeable and skilled in pretty much every area (maybe not knitting) than I was 4 or 5 years ago. Sure, anyone of any age can come up with good ideas but the fact of the matter is that adults ARE superior in many ways. There is a reason why there aren't many 16 year old CEOs or multi-millionaire inventors.

You're so right I mean, kids and teens are open minded, adults are not. And what it takes to create new things is open mindness, therefore kids and teens should have their voices heard.

@You're so right I mean, kids and teens are open minded, adults are not. And what it takes to create new things is...

You are very stereotypical. I agree that we should have a say in things, but some adults are open minded.

As a teenager, i completely disagree. Experience does matter. We should listen to the people who have been around longer.

I agree. I wouldn't go as far as Chromana assuming that you're talking about things that are way out there. But, for example, I proved to my mother that I'm more financially responsible than her & that my Iq was higher than her's when I was 14 (by a lot) all to prove I was ready to take drivers edand get a job. She denied me it because she said I wasn't smart or responsible enough yet -.-'

sestrada16s avatar sestrada16 Yeah You Are +1Reply

One word: Experience. I still agree with you overall though.

I concur.
Adults just think that we're imbeciles, and just wanna party all the time. When, in reality, most of us are pretty smart. (:

i agree with chromana and anonymous. there's a reason you expect more from an adult than you do from a 9 or 19 year old. that doesn't mean you should expect nothing from kids, but ultimately, an adult is better for more tasks than a kid is.

@i agree with chromana and anonymous. there's a reason you expect more from an adult than you do from a 9 or 19 year...

Depends on the adult. There are a lot of fuck-ups in the world. There are exceptional youths, far greater than many adults. There are exceptional adults, far greater than any exceptional youth. For every great person, there is an equally great fuck-up.
Age does not imply maturity. Age does not imply skill.
Maturity implies maturity. Skill implies skill.

Experience, maturity...

more superior...? a little redundant...

Food for thought: everything the younger generation knows or thinks they know comes, in one form or another, from the older generation. Even the personal opinions formed by the OP (which s/he seems to think so highly of) are shaped by morals, ideals, and values passed on by the older generation. Now, I'm not saying that the older generation has nothing to learn from the younger, but it's only limited to what a master can learn from an apprentice.

Overall, 30 year olds know more than 29 year olds, who know more than 28 year olds, and so on.

While I admire your tenacity, I'm afraid you're just wrong. I used to think as you do, but now I'm 24 and actually as I get older I'm finding that I know less and less about just about everything. Life teaches you humility and experience puts things in perspective. Teens know nothing because most of them live in a bubble.

Remember what some philosopher once said, wisest is he who knows that he does not know!