+294

You have to feel bad for those grocery store employees in TLC's "Extreme Couponing". People are buying hundreds of dollars worth of merchandise at hundredths of the total merchandises' eclectic value. Sales Clerk: "You just saved 98% on your store purchase today. Thank you for decimating our staff's earnings." amirite?

Shadis avatar
9 38
The voters have decided that Shadi is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I can't believe they made a show about coupons.

I love how sometimes they use so many coupons, that the store owes THEM money.

Daemoines avatar Daemoine Yeah You Are +30Reply
@Daemoine I love how sometimes they use so many coupons, that the store owes THEM money.

I've seen that happen, I think it is ridicolous. This is why they put experation dates on coupons. Though I think it is small town or family owned grocery stores because this would never happen somewhere like where I live, the coupons expire in a week.

@Shadi People in your neighborhood are too frugle!

(Chauncy Pickles): Well there are lots of people hungry or homeless here so if the coupons expired in a year or later the stores will be broke.

@(Chauncy Pickles): Well there are lots of people hungry or homeless here so if the coupons expired in a year or...

how will they be "broke"?
Isn't it just a one-time coupon or USE UNTIL DATE SAYS EXPIRED?

@TalkingRice how will they be "broke"? Isn't it just a one-time coupon or USE UNTIL DATE SAYS EXPIRED?

I think it i like since they collect copouns they have like a bajillion of each

@TalkingRice Don't stores have a policy of one coupon per sale or something?

On that show fom what Ive seen it is small town stores so it is like amily owned sorta things

@_inserthatehere_ On that show fom what Ive seen it is small town stores so it is like amily owned sorta things

but shouldn't it only be 1 coupon per purchase!?
OR people would just conspire against them and add all their coupons up for free stuff.

@Shadi That is basically the premise of the show.

(Chauncy Pickles): ooh...LOL
sounds interesting, like the buyer is actually the one laughing and the seller is crying hahas.

And it sucks they take the whole inventory of stuff and most they dont need and let it sit around. Like taking all the advils, someone could need that, or getting all of someones toddlers favorite snacks and the toddler wont stop crying, or someone throwing a party and they take all the soda. Unless they donate the stuff or at least use it, they are hogs

@And it sucks they take the whole inventory of stuff and most they dont need and let it sit around. Like taking all...

Chances are they won't even use all of their purchases before half of them expire anyway.

Shadis avatar Shadi Yeah You Are +16Reply
@Shadi Chances are they won't even use all of their purchases before half of them expire anyway.

(Chauncy Pickles): Yeah, like this one lady that bought cat food and didn't even have a cat, she could at least donate it to a starving cat.

why is this in the Australia group

Somebody doesn't know how coupons work. If you read the fine print, you'd know that grocery stores actually make money every time a coupon is redeemed. And even if they didn't, grocery store employees aren't paid on commission. So good job getting the facts right!

The people on these shows are always buying vitamin water! It's like a glaceau monopoly or something!

Shadis avatar Shadi Yeah You Are +4Reply
@1714246

Because I used to BE somebody.

Shadis avatar Shadi Yeah You Are +5Reply
@1714321

Now I'm just somebody that I used to know...

Shadis avatar Shadi Yeah You Are +15Reply
@1260883

LOL
1 box of cereal for every 3 toothbrushes

@1260883

I watched that episode. I think that he's the only one so far. It's ridiculous.

Dameequas avatar Dameequa Yeah You Are +3Reply

The grocery store I work at won't give you money back if you use so many coupons that we 'owe' you money. If you get more groceries, we will put the money towards that, but we won't just give you cash or even store credit on a gift card. You can use a store coupon and a manufacturer coupon on 1 item, but not more than one of each. And you can only use 12 identical coupons per transaction. But besides that, there's not a rule to how many coupons you can use. It seems to work out pretty well.

Manufactures coupons are most comonly used, and the company will reemburse the store the value of the coupon. That's why cashiers always save all of the coupons they get.

Wow I just saw an ad on here for coupons

@_inserthatehere_ Wow I just saw an ad on here for coupons

I saw an ad on here for Full Sail University. Scholarships and financial aid are the coupons of college!

Shadis avatar Shadi Yeah You Are +3Reply

The stores don't lose money with coupons. They turn around and give them to the makers of the products and get their money from them.

And that's why I never go shopping with my mom. I always feel so bad for the hassle she puts the cashier through.

PrincessDaisys avatar PrincessDaisy Yeah You Are 0Reply

I've never seen the TLC channel before, but it honestly sounds like it has some really stupid shows.