+2,179

Sea levels aren't rising because of global warming. Due to the increase in obesity, the continents are in fact, sinking. amirite?

Jokes & Humour
206 151

But fat is less dense than water, so the obese people should be safe regardless.

Fat: nature's floatie.

@(Chauncy Pickles): So this is where evolution is going...

(Your+name+(optional)): You bet America's perpetually fat ass it is.

Taking the exponential population growth into account, I estimate that we will all be underwater by December 21st, 2012. Wait...

Axolotls avatar Axolotl Yeah You Are +70Reply

THAT'S what happened to Atlantis.

@orangesocks THAT'S what happened to Atlantis.

Know what else happened to Atlantis? My MOM!

@inb4 My MOM!

I was inb4 your dad got home from work with your mom

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

@standinginvformation BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Someone apparently is okay with the continents sinking...

Fabss avatar Fabs Yeah You Are +7Reply
@Fabs Someone apparently is okay with the continents sinking...

Have you seen how stupid america is? if North America sank, that would be great! It would take care of americans, raising the world's average IQ by 23 points, it would take care of Mexicans because they wouldn't have anywhere to immigrate to, other Latino countries could just chill in South America, and Canadians are right next to Greenland so as the earth gets warmer they could just colonize Greenland!

but if every continent sank, it would be bad. humanity would end, but it's still not as bad as breaking a nail or stubbing your toe on a door, amirite?

@Ross Have you seen how stupid america is? if North America sank, that would be great! It would take care of americans...

Wow that was like the most offensive thing I've ever read on this site. Cue the 20 different offended groups...

You can't raise the average IQ by points; by definition the average IQ is 100, so you can only raise the criteria for a 100 IQ if the average intelligence rises.

Captn_Awesomes avatar Captn_Awesome Yeah You Are +2Reply
@standinginvformation BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I think you mean MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

@I think you mean MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

(Your+name+(optional)): This has been my plan all along. I'm that neighbor that gives you big candy bars for halloween and a bag of popcorn, to fatten kids up. Close family members and friends have sent me gym gift cards and Jenny Craig coupons, not knowing my fatness is just a cunning, brilliant plan to sink the U.S. I will then move to the U.k. and reside in a small log cabin with a Zumba dvd and my pet cat, laughing maniacally at FOX news after I sent them the story about 'Global Warming'. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I feel really fat now.

@Johnny I feel really fat now.

Because of a made up fact?

I'm sure that 63% of the sinking was caused by my brother... >.>

@I'm sure that 63% of the sinking was caused by my brother... >.>

I was going to make a smartass reply that implied you were Harry Potter, than I remembered Dudley was his cousin.
You killed my fun. ):

@R.I.P. Here lies Fun

(Your+name+(optional)): I will always remember fun well. F, is for friendship. U, is for you and me, N is for anywhere and anytime at all.

@Chapstick *F is for friends who do stuff together NEVER screw up the F.U.N. song.

F is for friends who screw up the FUN song, U is for u mad bro? N is for nothing that rhymes in the version, down here in the deep blue sea!

@ahahah_Wait_Wat (Your+name+(optional)): I will always remember fun well. F, is for friendship. U, is for you and me, N is for...

No no NO! F is for fire that burns down the whole town, U is for uranium- BOMBS. N is for no survivors.

@heethebobo I'm sure 69% of it was caused by me

I loved your comment so that Enrique would look stupid. See I saw through his plan of attacking you so that he can get loves himself.

Dwights avatar Dwight Yeah You Are +23Reply

Also, you should know that the moon is no longer revolving around the earth, but instead, it is revolving around the fat people living on it.

@Shadi So the skinny moons*? And what?

(Chauncy Pickles): Lets back track here. You said opposite attract. The only thing attracting to each other is fat people and the moon. So because the opposite of fat is skinny, the moon is skinny. or at least that was my understanding of it.

@DandyLion (Chauncy Pickles): Lets back track here. You said opposite attract. The only thing attracting to each other is...

Actually I meant that opposites (as an idea) attract fat people. How, you ask?

...That is a good question. d smilie

@Shadi Actually I meant that opposites (as an idea) attract fat people. How, you ask? ...That is a good question.

(Chauncy Pickles): Well that makes absolutely no sense, and now I am confused as shit.

@Shadi Quelle coincidence! I am confused as a DandyLion!

(Chauncy Pickles): Now you're just doing this on purpose

@DandyLion (Chauncy Pickles): Now you're just doing this on purpose

Now YOU'RE doing his Aunt Porpoise!

What a sicko! She said no, man! Let it go!

@1280423

Not without your coordinates to the nearest ten-thousandth, I can't!

@DandyLion (Chauncy Pickles): 97.059-π

Good idea, DandyLion. Now everybody who is reading the POTD's comments will now your approximate location! How will you know which Chauncy is really me?

@Shadi Good idea, DandyLion. Now everybody who is reading the POTD's comments will now your approximate location! How...

(Chauncy Pickles): By throwing a rock at the Empire State building and watch as the debris falls on top of you duplicates.

@Shadi How did you know that I am composed of paper?

(Chauncy Pickles): Just by using a mathematical formula only known to bros.

@DandyLion (Chauncy Pickles): Just by using a mathematical formula only known to bros.

Ugh. I HATE finding the volume of curves rotated around axes. YOU are a better man than I.

@Shadi Ugh. I HATE finding the volume of curves rotated around axes. YOU are a better man than I.

(Chauncy Pickles): Thanks, that really pushed me through the rest of my day. But don't worry, you are the better hippo.

@DandyLion (Chauncy Pickles): Thanks, that really pushed me through the rest of my day. But don't worry, you are the better hippo.

Don't I know it!

Now off to the mud pits to protect my title. Bonne anniversaire, mon bon mufle.

@Serg umm...

Don't worry, you're not alone.

@Serg umm...

Don't listen to yno. He or she is just trying to lower your guard. You are alone. TRUST NO ONE. NOT EVEN... PowerSerg

@Serg umm...

I agree with Your+name+(optional).

@I agree with Your+name+(optional).

I agree with myself, and sometimes not even him.

@I agree with Your+name+(optional).

No I lied, I'm too awesome to disagree with.

@I agree with Your+name+(optional).

d smilie...im not sure, but i think i agree with my own agreement

Sergs avatar Serg Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Serg ...im not sure, but i think i agree with my own agreement

an agreement within an agreement.... Agreeception?..... no.. no... Agrecption.... definitely not.... um... I don't know what it would be called, a little help.

@DandyLion problemo

sí, estoy realmente confundido acerca de dos cosas. 1: ¿Qué pasa con por encima de la conversación? 2. ¿Por qué hablamos español?

Sergs avatar Serg Yeah You Are +5Reply

But obese people don't create mass, they just convert food mass into fat mass. It's not like continents become heavier when someone gains weight.

@wobbuffet But obese people don't create mass, they just convert food mass into fat mass. It's not like continents become...

America, importing everything. We better be careful, otherwise China's going to go shooting upward on the Worldly See-saw.

@IamProbablyaNinja Nope.

Thanks for the confirmation. That could've been really embarrassing for me.

...You know who ELSE could've been really embarrassing for me?

My MOM!

@1280243

Lol, that's the only explanation I could think of, except I think hamburgers are a lot more popular than seafood in obese countries like America and Australia.

I fucking love the amirite comments

TiffanyYeons avatar TiffanyYeon Yeah You Are +16Reply
@TiffanyYeon I fucking love the amirite comments

They are better than nonconsensual sex!

Not unlike most things.

@Shadi They are better than nonconsensual sex! Not unlike most things.

(Chauncy Pickles): Like pickles.

What does chauncy even mean anyway? Because if google doesn't have it, it doesn't exist.

@(Chauncy Pickles): Like pickles. What does chauncy even mean anyway? Because if google doesn't have it, it doesn't...

(Your+name+(optional)): Well if you do things that way then my dog Ogbodnoscotal doesn't exist.

We call her Terry for short.

Я люблю сыграть с переводчиком!

It's russian

@DandyLion Я люблю сыграть с переводчиком! It's russian

That's cool... I'm just gonna sit here and... you know... not give a fuck...

"I love (something) with (something)" Is that right? :P

Rainbow35s avatar Rainbow35 Yeah You Are +2Reply
@1280865

OOOOH BABY, DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT'S WORTH?

@1280988

OOOH, HEAVEN IS A PLACE ON EARTH!

@1280200

Repost! http://www.amirite.net/58642

Nah, just kidding.

@1280387

If you love a post, you love a post. What does it matter if it was posted on some random website you've never heard of? Unless it's so unoriginal to the point where there's a facebook page about it, I don't see why it being posted once on some obscure website matters. Of course, if it's a repost on amirite, then I understand.

@hpfanatic77 Does it matter?

Yes... It fucking matters.
-__-

@hpfanatic77 Does it matter?

It matters more than my life.

Axolotls avatar Axolotl Yeah You Are +1Reply

Funniest thing I've heard all day.

jacque95655s avatar jacque95655 Yeah You Are +9Reply

Lol sink into what? They're not floating.

@Nacklefoodle Lol sink into what? They're not floating.

Yes they are. On fiery magma. Which this post says we are sinking into.
Where do you think the magma in volcanoes comes from?

FlyingGuineaPigs avatar FlyingGuineaPig Yeah You Are +26Reply
@1280235

But is the outer shell of a ping-pong ball divided into plates?
That's why we have earth quakes; the crust isn't quite in one piece.

FlyingGuineaPigs avatar FlyingGuineaPig Yeah You Are +6Reply
@1280235

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't ALL ping pong balls hollow?

Vepixs avatar Vepix Yeah You Are +2Reply

LOL

Mr_Superfluouss avatar Mr_Superfluous Yeah You Are 0Reply

heh heh Fat people float better than skinny people just saying :)

Miss_Potters avatar Miss_Potter Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Miss_Potter heh heh Fat people float better than skinny people just saying :)

Fat people have a harder time swimming to a safe heaven, or getting food. Eventually they will all die out because of hunger. Then skinny. more fit, people would be left.

@1299642

NO! This isn't YouTube, we don't do the dumbass "34 people are" NO. It's annoying enough on YouTube, but at least you can expect 7 year olds on there. We aren't going to let that happen here, mature people only.

There is two reasons a continent maybe sinking
1. plate tectonics
2.global warming because the north pole ice is melting an that means more water and the continents go underwater
and obesity is not the cause of sinking continents

31 people are obese.

@31 people are obese.

You seem to be lost... Let me help you:

youtube.com

(inb4 dis is offensive!!11)
Smart, OP. y smilie

Alexuss avatar Alexus Yeah You Are -10Reply
@IamProbablyaNinja No one thinks it's offensive.

Weird, I expected at least one person to get offended... This is the internet after all

Alexuss avatar Alexus Yeah You Are +4Reply

Is this a joke?

@no

Well it's not true.

@1280162

Really? Mine comes out to YOUSEXYBEAST, maybe I did something wrong

@ahahah_Wait_Wat Cos

Yeah...cosines are some pretty shmexy stuff.

@open_mind_open_soul Yeah...cosines are some pretty shmexy stuff.

Shmexy? For some reason that makes me think of sexy librarians going "Shhhh"

thedoctormerlins avatar thedoctormerlin Yeah You Are +15Reply

Please, I have higher standards. Tangents are WAY shmmexier.

Axolotls avatar Axolotl Yeah You Are -1Reply
@1280205

Oh that must be it, thanks