+182

Methane is even worse for the dissolving ozone layer than Carbon Dioxide. Cows fart methane. So listen vegetarians: I'm saving the planet by eating cows. amirite?

baritonebabe567s avatar Food & Drink
8 18
The voters have decided that baritonebabe567 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Actually you're just supporting the continual and increasing raising of livestock to supply the food you eat.

Humans are meant to eat meat, but we are a) supposed to hunt it so we burn off the energy we gain, and b) not supposed to mass produce these methane producing cows. So byeating meat you are supporting an industry that is over producing these animals that are giving off too much methane.

@iSwingBothWays Humans are meant to eat meat, but we are a) supposed to hunt it so we burn off the energy we gain, and b) not...

I don't think everyone can hunt in this time. even growing vegtables uses a great deal of energy petroleums to drive the harvesting and sowing machines. I believe the problem is just too many GD humans, maybe another flood to clear us out??

I'm pretty sure we gave up the whole "hunting for food" idea a while back...plus how can you hunt cows?

crazyllamass avatar crazyllamas Yeah You Are -4Reply
@I_am_not_a_spambot I hunt numbers.

try and hunt me, I ain't scurred.

528491s avatar 528491 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@528491 try and hunt me, I ain't scurred.

I'll have you know i have learned from a long line of number hunters. Shits gonna go down is what i'm trying to say.

Humans fart methane, too. I should become a cannibal.

@Inamorata Humans fart methane, too. I should become a cannibal.

canabalisim is probably the only way to cut a good portion of the human scurge off the earth. I wouldn't want to eat any gross human flesh, but unless people stop producing children there is no way out.

a friend of mine decided to be vegitarian to help cut down on cows being raised.

Water Vapor is the biggest contributor though

ThatOneNuts avatar ThatOneNut Yeah You Are -1Reply
ThatOneNuts avatar ThatOneNut Yeah You Are -2Reply

But is methane produced as commonly as carbon dioxide?

@Shadi But is methane produced as commonly as carbon dioxide?

(Chauncy Pickles): No, carbon dioxide is the biggest contributor. Also, sometimes methane is produced at landfills, but then it gets burnt because the chemical reaction gives off energy, and one of the residues is carbon dioxide.

I think vegetarians don't eat meat to save the animals, not because of the atmosphere...

Actually, I think neither methane nor carbon dioxide have anything to do with the ozone layer. Those are both greenhouse gazes that cause global warming. It was the CFCs that were destroying the ozone layer, and since we stopped using them it's already starting to regenerate. About cows, you're not only encouraging livestock production by eating them. There's also the fact that if you want to get a certain amount of energy by eating a cow, that cow is going to consume a higher quantity of vegetation than the amount of vegetation needed to provide you with the same amount of energy, so your ecological footprint is bigger if you eat meat.

Listen Non vegetarians....NOT ALL VEGETARIANS CARE ABOUT ANIMALS.