+406

Don't you hate it when people ask you "Are you Ok?" when there's absolutely nothing wrong with you, all you were doing was looking down or staring out into space and now you're suddenly "Having a sad moment", You keep telling them "I'm fine, I'm fine", yet they insist you're not fine, which actually makes you infuriated. Amirite?

EpicBoys avatar
16 17
The voters have decided that EpicBoy is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I get this a lot:

Stranger: "Are you okay? You look really sad/tired."
Me: "...That's just my face."

@Fluoxetine I get this a lot: Stranger: "Are you okay? You look really sad/tired." Me: "...That's just my face."

Same! I naturally have darker circles under my eyes (and well I probably don't get as much sleep as I should), but I'll be completely fine and I'll get asked that sometimes.

TheSuperLurs avatar TheSuperLur Yeah You Are +4Reply

Exactly! I hate being patronized like that. I like to have my alone time, but the second I go off by myself somebody asks me if I'm okay. There are some people who make me feel like I have to force myself to socialize, because the second I sit down they ask me if I'm okay, and no matter how many times I insist that I am, they'll keep asking. I love you for making this post.

Axolotls avatar Axolotl Yeah You Are +12Reply
@Axolotl Exactly! I hate being patronized like that. I like to have my alone time, but the second I go off by myself...

@1269606 (Axolotl): Sooo, I looked at your profile and now i kinda love you too axolotl ;)

EpicBoys avatar EpicBoy Yeah You Are 0Reply

I really hate when people tell me to calm down when I am calm. Then I actually do have to calm down from the intense rage that comes from "calm down." "I am calm." "no you're not if blah blah blah." "I said I'm calm, I'm calm." "seriously, calm down."

IWANTTOREMOVEYOURARMWITHASPOON.! >=@

Asking you when you're not OK is bad too. The only thing worse than being upset and crying, is having to explain why every two seconds. It just makes you feel worse.
Don't ask why, but yesterday in school I went into the bathroom and cried for a while. Just when I would start to feel better, someone would ask me if I was OK. Then I would start crying again.

Are you OK? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Darksided_Deaths avatar Darksided_Death Yeah You Are +3Reply

OMG every time someone does this I actually start crying even when I am totally fine.. they'll be like "are you ok?"..and I'm like "yeah I think so I was until you said something douche"

I completely agree that those situations do get annoying, but just be thankful that you have those around you who actually care and ask if you're okay :) not everyone has that.

TheSuperLurs avatar TheSuperLur Yeah You Are +1Reply

This made me want to listen to Smooth Criminal, the part where he's asking Annie if she's okay, thought i'd let you know.

Story of my life. I have a generally serious disposition when I guess girls my age are supposed to be constantly giddy. people always ask what's wrong, and I want to be like, "You!" If I'm not in a cheery mood, and I feel like being serious or reading a book that does NOT mean something is wrong.

_Jojo_s avatar _Jojo_ Yeah You Are +1Reply

I actually like it. It means they care enough about me to worry when I'm upset.

People always ask why I'm upset when there's absolutely nothing wrong. But then when there IS something wrong, everyone seems to be too busy with their phones and Facebooks and trivial inconveniences to realize that important things are happening outside of that little world of theirs.

One time I told my sister I don't have a problem with carrying her backpack and she informed me that I'm actually pissed off because I had to get off the computer. she knows me well.

OnePiecepkmns avatar OnePiecepkmn Yeah You Are 0Reply

I'm walking and I trip, and people react like I got shot with a god damn bullet

Everyone: Are you OK?
Me: Do you think I'm a child?

Anonymous