+198

The Republicans aren't pro-life, just anti-abortion. Why? They are pro-death penalty, anti-gay rights, pro-gun, pro-war, anti-Muslim, anti-healthcare for citizens, anti-primary education, and anti-low/middle class. Does pro-life not mean that all life is sacred? The Republicans only care about the child being born, and after that, they could care less, amirite?

Politics
42 215

"They are pro-death penalty" Someone murders every single person you love and brings you to the edge of life and death. I bet'd you'd love to see them sit in a comfy prison with free warm meals, air-conditioning, and other such luxuries for the rest of their life.

"anti-gay rights" Radicals, ever heard of 'em? They're the ones who get all the attention by screaming and protesting until they get what they want.
"pro-gun" What did you say? Second Amendment? No, must have been my imagination.
"pro-war" Wasn't Obama the one who was president when we went into Libya?
"anti-Muslim" ...I don't even know...
"anti-healthcare for citizens" Do some research before saying it's bad. "anti-primary education" Not sure where that came from.
"and anti-low/middle class" Or this.

Some people have no grip on politics... sigh

@1280166

Except I doubt the OP meant radicals.

Yes, I was exaggerating the luxuries. It's nice that someone caught on to that. Let's face it though, some crimes can actually be that bad that the death sentence is necessary. I don't personally believe that, but in no way does it seem like a bad or stupid idea.

I'm no history expert, but wasn't the Constitution written AFTER the American Revolution? This would also force amendments to be after hostilities with Britain, no (setting aside the War of 1812, which as I recall was a separate conflict)?

@Except I doubt the OP meant radicals. Yes, I was exaggerating the luxuries. It's nice that someone caught on to...

I did mean mostly radicals actually, but the non-radical Republican seems to be a dying breed, as someone on here has already mentioned.

Pfft i would rather 100 guilty people set free than one innocent person sentenced to death. When that happens the justice system has failed. Sure its easy to say some people deserve it. But by whose opinion? under what grounds?
Plus think of how many people the innocence project has helped. It is so frightning to think that innocent people have DIED because of this policy...

HannahAbbots avatar HannahAbbot Yeah You Are 0Reply
@"They are pro-death penalty" Someone murders every single person you love and brings you to the edge of life and...

i'm not disagreeing with you, i'm just saying that for half of those you really didn't give any argument you just said "just no thats just no." that doesn't hold up very well.

@i'm not disagreeing with you, i'm just saying that for half of those you really didn't give any argument you just...

That's because logic steps in there. Think about it, do half of those actually seem even close to true for regular republicans?

way to conveniently forget about the 2 terms BEFORE Obama with Bush. Wasn't he the one who sent us on a wild goose chase to Iraq? AND THEN KEPT US THERE FOR THE NEXT 5+ YEARS? Oh yeah, and then Obama got Osama.

Note how I didn't say anything about treating them well and no I wouldn't. I am merely pointing out that the "pro-life" Republicans support killing of someone, even though they are guilty. True pro-life would say all life is sacred, no matter what

anti-gay rights. Yes they are. Republicans are effin' homophobes. Everyone was up in arms when Don't Ask, Don't Tell was being repealed

Guns kill. Fact. Pro-gun = pro-killing =/= pro-life

Pro-war Seriously? You're saying the Republicans aren't pro-war? Iraq anyone?

Anti-Muslim- Against Ground Zero community center. First Amendment anyone? or does that only apply where the Republicans feel necessary?

Anti-health care- would help citizens struggling to survive, helping them live a better life. What do they do instead? Screw them over, not helping them at all

Anti-low/middle class-tax breaks for the wealthy and corporations, certainly harms the middle class, making them shoulder more when already just get by

@Note how I didn't say anything about treating them well and no I wouldn't. I am merely pointing out that the...

no smilie no... there's just... there's so much wrong with that I'm not even going to point it out. People who agree with that are already lost...

@ no... there's just... there's so much wrong with that I'm not even going to point it out. People who agree...

not really, I'm sorry you're misguided.

I'm not saying the Democrats are any better or that these beliefs alone aren't valid. They aren't and they are. But when all those values are put together, hypocrisy ensues.

If pro-gun=pro-killing, then anyone who owns a gun needs to go to jail.

The rest of that really doesn't have a response because it's so fucked up that there's no way for it to be even wort responding to.

@If pro-gun=pro-killing, then anyone who owns a gun needs to go to jail. The rest of that really doesn't have a...

Not all gun owners kill, but guns do. With less guns, like police officers want, there would not be as much killing. So letting everyone have a gun would mean more killing and less life, so anti-life.

And the rest you just don't want to admit you're wrong

@Not all gun owners kill, but guns do. With less guns, like police officers want, there would not be as much...

Norway is one of the safest places in Europe (by crime rate) and guns are legal, just like Sweden and Switzerland

@Norway is one of the safest places in Europe (by crime rate) and guns are legal, just like Sweden and Switzerland

they have strong gun regulation though. Think of how many kids got a hold of a parents gun and a serious accident happend. There can be no doubt that easy access to guns contributes to the problem.

If I'm wrong, give me the reasons why and make sure every claim is backed by hard, undeniable proof such as multiple real-life examples.

Once again somebody puts all the radicals in the same group as the normal ones. Not everybody in a certain group feels and acts the same way. I'm a republican and im middle class, ant-war, pro-healthcare, not a homophobe, and my bestfriend is Islamic!

@gallopingjellyfish Once again somebody puts all the radicals in the same group as the normal ones. Not everybody in a certain group...

@1278551 (gallopingjellyfish): You might be but your party as a whole denies people of civil rights, and that is just sick.

Gracelees avatar Gracelee Yeah You Are -1Reply

"Republicans support killing of someone, even though they are guilty. "

May I ask what is wrong with that?

@heethebobo "Republicans support killing of someone, even though they are guilty. " May I ask what is wrong with that?

I'm not saying there is anything necessarily wrong with it, I'm just saying it isn't pro-life.

So, republicans are for Taxing Middles class, but not helping others but establishing national healthcare? You do realize, that by having national health-care, taxes would go WAY up.

@Handsy So, republicans are for Taxing Middles class, but not helping others but establishing national healthcare? You do...

yes, but then we'd have the upper class actually contributing - assuming the only reason we have national healthcare is because the Republicans have caved. the taxes for the upper class/bracket are currently at their LOWEST point in decades. I don't know why Republicans are so much about saving the millionaires. You can't have millionaires without the sweat and hard work of EVERYONE BELOW THEM and our country is currently going to shit, so fucking give back to the country and pay your damn taxes.

@yes, but then we'd have the upper class actually contributing - assuming the only reason we have national...

They do get taxed, they just don't get taxed more then middle class. And they shouldn't have to.

Handsys avatar Handsy No Way -1Reply
@Handsy They do get taxed, they just don't get taxed more then middle class. And they shouldn't have to.

How can you say that when our government is trillions and trillions of dollars in debt? The middle class are obviously poorer than the rich, so clearly, the former will suffer more in comparison than the latter. The US has to switch back to a progressive tax system. The government's deficit and our social issues can't be ignored because they're so rich they can be practically unaffected by what's going on. I understand the mentality that hard work gets you to where you are, and you shouldn't be penalized for that, but I feel like right now, the Republicans can't be so unwilling to compromise when the US so desperately needs the funding. Mind you, I'm not saying I expect an increase in taxes to fix all our problems.

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/08...uper-rich.html

Warren Buffett:
"Last year my federal tax bill — the income tax I paid, as well as payroll taxes paid by me and on my behalf — was $6,938,744. That sounds like a lot of money. But what I paid was only 17.4 percent of my taxable income "

"To understand why, you need to examine the sources of government revenue. Last year about 80 percent of these revenues came from personal income taxes and payroll taxes. The mega-rich pay income taxes at a rate of 15 percent on most of their earnings but pay practically nothing in payroll taxes. It’s a different story for the middle class: typically, they fall into the 15 percent and 25 percent income tax brackets, and then are hit with heavy payroll taxes to boot."

Wait wait wait.

"Guns kill. Fact. Pro-gun = pro-killing =/= pro-life"

... Is there a polite way to genuinely and sincerely ask if you're taking any special education classes...? >__>

@Not really If there was I would put it here.

Say I have a gun. Say that gun is only used on paper - which, mind you, is already dead. Is it still a fact that it kills?

Yes, SOME republicans are like that. But not all of them. It's just not fair to generalize every single one like that.

Very closed and narrow-minded to generalize like this. I guess you're not better than what you're criticizing.

@SnobbyDrugAddict Very closed and narrow-minded to generalize like this. I guess you're not better than what you're criticizing.

Not really generalizing. If anyone on the right wing slightly disagrees with anything they are no longer welcome to the Republican party. The second someone thinks for themself, they are outlawed

POLITICS POLITICS POLITICS POLITICS POLITICS POLITICS POLITICS POLITICS POLITICS POLITICS POLITICS POLITICS POLITICS POLITICS
Goddammit, why do people debate this shit endlessly?
(Insert clever analogy about penises)

This site is so biased against republicans.

@StickCaveman This site is so biased against republicans.

Well, you see. Republicans hate it when people have different opinions then them. They get angry. And because they get angry, they get blood pressure problems and other heart problems... so most republicans stay away for their health.

@Well, you see. Republicans hate it when people have different opinions then them. They get angry. And because they...

Plenty of Republicans can actually deal with debate you know. Personally, I'll only debate if I feel like it, but I won't get pissed at someone for having different views unless they're being mean or ignorant about it. Like, "Republicans are stupid, they hate Obama because all they want is money even though he's Superman, blah, blah, blah."

This is the most ignorant positive score post I've ever seen.

@1278270

@1278270 (Credetemi): We also have to remember how many 12 year olds want to vote "YYA!" to feel like they are aware of political issues.

"I'm so smart. Democrats are obviously the good guys. There can't be more to these issues."

@mchristie @1278270 (Credetemi): We also have to remember how many 12 year olds want to vote "YYA!" to feel like they are...

I think the logic is somewhere along the lines of "Our government is a democracy, so the Democrats must be right!"
or
"Daddy says that the democrats are right, so they must be!"

@1280204

No, we're stereotyping 12 year olds. Jeez, get it right!

@1281209

Just most!

The funniest part is that I bet at least one person who voted up our comments is a 12 year old who was thinking "Ha! I don't do that!" right after they did.

@1278270

It's positive because it was designed to sound logical. Anyone who can say something with enough apparent confidence behind it can make many believe it.

Democrats aren't that much better... just sayin'

@They're a lot less hypocritical

See the problem with this country is that we focus so much on the political divide and which party is the better one. We forget to actually focus on the REAL issues... The abortion problem really isn't even an issue, it is just something that people LOVE to argue about. Vote for DWIGHT Pres 2012!

Dwights avatar Dwight No Way +60Reply
@Dwight See the problem with this country is that we focus so much on the political divide and which party is the better...

I think that's actually the key problem - instead of trying to improve the country, even if it means working with, or even agreeing with the opposite side, political parties are too busy trying to create a dichotomy of extreme one side or extreme the other, and often resort to petty insults and issues.

That said, DWIGHT RAPES LITTLE KIDS. SIMON FOR PRESIDENT OF THE WORLD

@Simon I think that's actually the key problem - instead of trying to improve the country, even if it means working with...

Fine, it's true I do. Will u at least let me be Assistant to the Regional President?

Dwights avatar Dwight No Way +25Reply
@Dwight Fine, it's true I do. Will u at least let me be Assistant to the Regional President?

Actually President of the World sounds like a big responsibility. You can have it bub, I'll just be president of a moderately sized WalMart store.

Some posts just make me want to kill not only the poster, but all the people who vote yya.

@heethebobo Some posts just make me want to kill not only the poster, but all the people who vote yya.

Kill all those people eh? Wow, your some real nice person. Killing people cause they dont have the same opinion as you. You are the reason that people cant work together.

Hmmm... spot the republican.

"Annoy a Republican: Speak for Yourself"

Anti-primary education and anti-low/middle class? As a middle-class Republican with primary education, I say look up your facts before you fuck them up (:

I'm pretty sure Republicans (myself included) are anti-lazy-freeloading people who don't do anything but collect welfare checks.

aild3891s avatar aild3891 No Way +19Reply
@aild3891 I'm pretty sure Republicans (myself included) are anti-lazy-freeloading people who don't do anything but collect...

I agree. We dont think it's fair for people to sit on their butts and get free healthcare. Yes it is important to be healthy so maybe that should be the motivation to have a job, make money, or get insurance so you CAN have healthcare.

its_mes avatar its_me No Way +11Reply
@its_me I agree. We dont think it's fair for people to sit on their butts and get free healthcare. Yes it is important to...

Because there are always enough jobs for everyone, and those jobs all pay enough to cover insurance? I don't agree with the OP, but I'm 100% pro-healthcare. Having free healthcare in Britain has helped my family a lot!

@Because there are always enough jobs for everyone, and those jobs all pay enough to cover insurance? I don't agree...

I understand that not all jobs pay enough but I'm more talking about people who don't work at all and that's why I am against it because that is the majority.

I half agree with this statement, but what if you are a hard worker who lost their job in the economy? No health care for you right?
We have this "Universal Health care" in my country and it works a charm, because otherwise people would go into extreme debt because of a bill from a surgery they deperately needed.

@Pigeon I half agree with this statement, but what if you are a hard worker who lost their job in the economy? No health...

Sounds like a good thing. I just don't think that it's fair to those who work for it and to the people that went to school for many years so they could get paid to do that.

its_mes avatar its_me No Way +1Reply

And yet Democrats (not all) who say that all Republicans are like this call themselves "open-minded".

My parents are pro-choice, pro-gay rights, pro-primary education (where did that come from?) and pro-Muslim (again, what?) and they're Republicans.

@Shadi I'm Muslim, and I got completely confused aboot that.

(Chauncy Pickles): I wonder if my comment was voted up because others were sincerely confused, or they feel they can be confused because I am Muslim.

(Chauncy Pickles): Republicans were against the Ground Zero Community Center. 1st Amendment anyone? And with respect to the pro-life, they are treating the Muslims worse and slandering all of them for the actions of the very few extremists.

@(Chauncy Pickles): Republicans were against the Ground Zero Community Center. 1st Amendment anyone? And with...

SOME republicans were against the Ground Zero Community Center. SOME republicans treat Muslims badly.

How is Islam directly relevant to pro-life?

Ground Zero is practically a national monument. I believe it was somewhere around 3000 people died there, and now someone wants to use that spot for a building that, for the sake of an argument, is irrelevant to those 3000 lost fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers, husbands, wives, etc.

And honestly, if you REALLY want to take away that unofficial monument, at least tell us where you got the freaking money for it. Is it really such a hard thing?

@NiceBoulder Ground Zero is practically a national monument. I believe it was somewhere around 3000 people died there, and now...

Yes, it is, but the 1st Amendment still exists. The right yells at the left for destroying the Constitution even though the right is arguably destroying it waaaaaaaaay more than the left. Freedom of Religion states that the practicing of a Religion shall not be infringed. Preventing them from worshiping would definitely be infringing.

They did say where the money came from, one of the top contributors to FOX News

@Yes, it is, but the 1st Amendment still exists. The right yells at the left for destroying the Constitution even...

And how long did that take?

It's funny. So much of your argument is "statement without proof." Sorry, but saying something doesn't mean it's true.

I'm a republican and what is this? I don't even...

And this is the freaking problem with our country. As a democrat, I don't particularly like the views of many republicans, nor do I like what certain ones have done for this country, but I sure as hell don't think you should be generalizing this much.

@1278550

But that can't happen because that could help! So one of the two existing parties would just absorb the new party and make it even stronger. At least that's what usually happens in multi-party governments.

@1278550

Libertarians FTW!!!

@StickCaveman Libertarians FTW!!!

Libertarians hardly even exist on the left/right scale.

they couldn't care less
but ya i mean really same with those people that murder abortion doctors HOW STUPID IS THAT?

danilols avatar danilol Yeah You Are +9Reply
@1278261

exactly
why is my post voted down

danilols avatar danilol Yeah You Are +5Reply

What happens is you take radical Republicans that are radical about different ideas and then shove them in the same hole, along with the rest of the sane portion of the party.

This is one of the most closed-minded things I've ever read.
I really hope anon is trolling/doesn't consider themselves open-minded.
Where the hell did anti-Muslim, anti-primary education, and anti-low/middle class even come from?!

@I've explained these in the comments above, go search there

Ah, ok. I got about halfway through before losing interest in all of the comments...
edit
Okay, so I read it, and I agree with the person who said that was really incorrect.
But, you can live with those generalizations...

Do you realize that when you say they could care less, you're saying they do care?

What is this, I don't even....

And what is with the Republican-hate on this website? I mean, holy crap.

Wikits avatar Wikit No Way +9Reply
@It is very logical and fact based. That is what's up with it

Yeah. Because this post is extremely logical, fact-based, and not in anyway biased or incorrect.

Wikits avatar Wikit No Way +9Reply
@Now you're getting it

I suppose so.

Also, very good with the speedy reply there.

Wikits avatar Wikit No Way +4Reply

Following that logic, Democrats can't be pro-choice because choice means you can choose but Democrats believe in universal healthcare where no one can choose which means that Democrats are one step away from Communism, which means that EVERYBODY WILL FREAKING DIE.

woah woah woah back up. I'm a republican Catholic. Almost all republican Catholics are against the Death Pen., against guns and won't accept a war unless it follows the just-war theory (google it). My parents and my teachers have gone to shelters and helped inner-city people and kids.

Just wondering how being anti- gay rights is against life? Tip for success: next tine you insult someone at least make sure it makes sense first, Kay Hun? <3

@Mmmmmmmmmm Just wondering how being anti- gay rights is against life? Tip for success: next tine you insult someone at least...

How does it not make sense? They are belittling other human life. Pro-life would say that all life is equal and sacred. Republicans are treating gays as neither.

@How does it not make sense? They are belittling other human life. Pro-life would say that all life is equal and...

Um, what? I have not once seen a entire political party hate someone. I'm a Republican and my best friend is gay. Quit generalizing.

@Um, what? I have not once seen a entire political party hate someone. I'm a Republican and my best friend is gay...

Republicans believe in this weird concept called 'equality if ipportunity'. That means that EVERYONE deserves a chance to live, but if they eff it up, then they have to face the harsh consequences. Another tip: when arguing, at least try to understand the point of view of the people you are insulting. Otherwise you just sound ignorant.

@Way to post the same thing twice. Sorry about your huge ego.

I meant to click reply. But then I accidentally hit the wrong button. Sorry that I am such a terrible person because of my failure to correctly use this touch screen. My sincerest apologies. Forgive me?

@Mmmmmmmmmm I meant to click reply. But then I accidentally hit the wrong button. Sorry that I am such a terrible person...

No, because you're gay and I'm Republican and apparently we're supposed to hate gays.

@No, because you're gay and I'm Republican and apparently we're supposed to hate gays.

If Republicans don't hate gays, then why are the Republicans that want gay rights very few and very far between?

@If Republicans don't hate gays, then why are the Republicans that want gay rights very few and very far between?

Just because you don't support it doesn't mean you hate anyone. I know people who sympathize with gays, but don't feel they can support them politically because of their religious beliefs. It doesn't mean they hate them at all.

And do you think (s)he should have the right to marry someone of his/her own gender?

@And do you think (s)he should have the right to marry someone of his/her own gender?

He does. It's his choice. I may not agree with it, NOT SAYING I'M AGAINST GAYS, but he can marry whoever he wants. I'm not going to interfere with his choices. And I'd love him the same.

wow sterotype much? this is insanely rude to any republican. Just because somebody's a republican does not mean they support any of this, many democrats support those things too. Last time I checked these weren't the qualifications for a republican... besides democrats haven't done any better for this country. So get your facts straight and quit being unnecessarily ignorantly biased. k thnx

@gallopingjellyfish wow sterotype much? this is insanely rude to any republican. Just because somebody's a republican does not mean...

Nevermind that whenever anyone on the right free thinks at all, they are immediately outcast into a sea of hate by supporters. Because, ya know, we just can't have that

It's not that Muslim people can't build a mosque near ground zero, it's that they shouldn't in respect to those that died

afarbss avatar afarbs No Way +4Reply
@afarbs It's not that Muslim people can't build a mosque near ground zero, it's that they shouldn't in respect to those...

There are strip clubs and porn stores closer to Ground Zero than the Mosque is, and a place of worship is disrespectful? :|

@afarbs Those other things were there pre-9/11

So you're saying a religion doesn't deserve a place of worship because of the work of pretty much the most extreme form of extremists? I'm gonna guess that Muslims who would attend that mosque condemned these terrorists actions just as much as anyone else.

It's not a freakin' Al-Qaeda monument. Should all Baptist churches be banned wherever gay people live because of what the Westboro Baptist Church did? That makes no sense to me.

I think the OP confuses the Republican party with Ingsoc.

No, not ALL of us are. You're just as bad as bad as a racist when you say things like that. I, for one, am anti-letting-people-who-deserve-to-die-go, pro-love, pro-self defence, pro-fighting for my country, anti-terrorist, pro-health, anti-stupid children, and pro-home. You, sir and/or madam, just hate people who don't agree with you, and I don't appreciate it. See how I said "you" rather than "democrats". Generalizing like that could get you in trouble. Quit judging for what a few stupid politicians have done, I'm not holding "Weiner's Twitter fiasco" against you. Gosh.

@No, not ALL of us are. You're just as bad as bad as a racist when you say things like that. I, for one, am...

(})i({): Although everyone interpreted it as that I think all their beliefs are bogus, I don't. There is not always something wrong with the death penalty, war is sometimes justified, I merely meant to say that their beliefs and pro-life do not match up. Pro-life would say death penalty is always bad, war is always bad, and treat everyone with respect and equality, which the Republicans don't do

Who needs weather forecasters when we already know exactly how to stir up a shitstorm?

I disagree with this post, not because some of the points were false, but because turning this website into a political poll is ridiculous.

@incognito I disagree with this post, not because some of the points were false, but because turning this website into a...

Well, this is a site where you can go to share your opinions, but all these people trollin and making completely uninformed comments is getting very ridulous. I love to be able to share my opinions with someone intelligent enough to have a logical discussion with.

Republicans believe in this weird concept called 'equality if opportunity'. That means that EVERYONE deserves a chance to live, but if they eff it up, then they have to face the consequences. Another tip: when arguing at least try to understand the views of the people you are insulting, otherwise you just sound like a fool.

@1278271

Actually I meant of*** my bad.

Not all members of a political party have the same views. Most Republicans are pro-life as long as it doesn't involve rape or the mother's health isn't at risk. Many are pro-death penalty because it puts people's minds at ease to see a murderer die. Though many of them are anti-gay rights, quite a few are starting to realize that gay people getting married doesn't hurt anyone so they hold the stance "I won't marry someone of the same sex, but I won't stop anyone else from doing it." I have never met someone who is pro-gun; I think you mean pro-self defense. Guns do not kill, the person pulling the trigger kills. I have a gun rack loaded with rifles and not a single one of them has killed. No one is pro-war. People can be for defending their nation, but I bet you can't find one sane person who thinks war is the solution to everything. Not all Republicans are anti-Muslim. The whole mosque thing was about respect. Though I disagreed with keeping them from building it, I understand why---

@pikabeau Not all members of a political party have the same views. Most Republicans are pro-life as long as it doesn't...

--- some people would not be okay with it. I don't think very many people are anti-healthcare. Maybe you mean anti-universal healthcare. I can understand why people would be against it, but when you look at nations that have it you can see that it really is better in the long run. Anti-primary education? I think you might be referring into the few Republicans who wanted to cut pell grants and teacher salaries. Sadly, that is a necessary evil that has to be done. Republicans are not anti-low/ middle class, they are anti-taxing rich people more to "punish" them for making more money. I can see why they believe that, but just like education cuts, higher taxes on the rich are a necessary evil.

So yeah, why are you generalizing all the people of a political party? Most people who identify as Republican or Democrat are actually more moderate than anything else. They just pick a party to make voting easier.

@pikabeau --- some people would not be okay with it. I don't think very many people are anti-healthcare. Maybe you mean...

Although everyone interpreted it as that I think all their beliefs are bogus, I don't. There is not always something wrong with the death penalty, war is sometimes justified, I merely meant to say that their beliefs and pro-life do not match up. Pro-life would say death penalty is always bad, war is always bad, and treat everyone with respect and equality, which the Republicans don't do

@Although everyone interpreted it as that I think all their beliefs are bogus, I don't. There is not always...

You're still generalizing. Republicans aren't bad people. They don't all fit this little formula you have set up for them. Words like pro-life and pro-choice refer ONLY to abortion.

You are not treating Republicans with respect. I get that you probably just wanted to sound smart and made a post of something you heard on tv, but try understanding something before you post about it.

@pikabeau You're still generalizing. Republicans aren't bad people. They don't all fit this little formula you have set up...

This is original, I didn't hear it anywhere

Pro-choice and pro-life can be applied to SO much more than just abortion, they can be applied to a way of life

@This is original, I didn't hear it anywhere Pro-choice and pro-life can be applied to SO much more than just...

From a political standpoint they only refer to abortion. I could say that Democrats aren't truly pro-choice because they don't want people to make the choice to own guns or opt out of universal healthcare, but that would be absurd.

You still haven't addressed the fact that you're stereotyping. Believe me, not all Republicans believe in every little thing on the right end of the political spectrum.

@pikabeau From a political standpoint they only refer to abortion. I could say that Democrats aren't truly pro-choice because...

Nevermind no one has to take the government healthcare, they just need to get some healthcare

I did intend to only mean the extremists and radicals, but as it has been said before in these comments: The moderate Republicans is a dying breed

Your stupidity is overwhelming.

You know, OP, if you're going to make such heavy accusations, at least let us know who you are. You clearly have a file.

@You know, OP, if you're going to make such heavy accusations, at least let us know who you are. You clearly have a file.

I am OP

Yes, I am operating on an account, but it isn't MY account, it belongs to a friend, and I knew if I did post and comment with his name on it, he would get slandered, which I don't want. So no, I don't have an account, I just wanted to trace the comments, as I knew there would be a flame war.

@If you knew there would be a flame war, why bother posting it?

Because it's funner than hell to watch people get riled up about something that, in the end, really doesn't matter

There is not a single debate on this site that will ever amount to anything.

And it's my opinion, which is what this site is for, posting opinions
I was curious to see what kind of reactions I would get as well

@Because it's funner than hell to watch people get riled up about something that, in the end, really doesn't...

Some people said you were just a troll. Some people thought you were just plain stupid. At yet, here from the OP, is a statement saying that they're both.

Okay, first off, it's COULDN'T care less.
Second only a few of those actually have to do with life. Anti-gay rights isn't killing anyone, except extremists, but there are extremist democrats too and education has nothign to do with whether you live or die.
Third, this is a generalization and you're just being narrow minded. We're all anti-muslim? Really? Now you're saying we have to be racist to be Republicans?
I'm a Republican, I'm pro-life and guess what? I'm against war and the death penalty.
Way to be an open minded and caring Democrat anonymous. you're talking so much crap about Republicans, but you can't generalize, you can't put in things that have nothing to do with the opening topic in the post, you can't accuse all republicans of being racist and you can't just act like everyone who doesn't agree with you is an ignorant hypocrite. Yes, there are hypocrites in the party, yes the term is used by people who are for the death penalty and such, but you're no better.

@fangirl12 Okay, first off, it's COULDN'T care less. Second only a few of those actually have to do with life. Anti-gay...

Now if you had actually read any of the comments before posting the exact same thing as many before you, you will realize that I commented on this and that I meant it to be towards extremists rather than moderates, and has it has been said, the moderate Republican is a dying breed

@Now if you had actually read any of the comments before posting the exact same thing as many before you, you will...

Are you nuts? NO Republican I know is this extreme. NONE of them. I know other people said the same thing, but I just had to say something.

@fangirl12 Are you nuts? NO Republican I know is this extreme. NONE of them. I know other people said the same thing, but I...

Are you nuts? There are many that are this extreme. The Tea Party? Extremist Squared. They are they people to whom this post was mostly mentioning, and the moderate Republicans are being exiled for not going strict party line.

@Are you nuts? There are many that are this extreme. The Tea Party? Extremist Squared. They are they people to...

If it's about radicals, say that, not just Republicans. God, basic exercise in logic and people STILL get it wrong.

@NiceBoulder If it's about radicals, say that, not just Republicans. God, basic exercise in logic and people STILL get it wrong.

The moderate Republican is a dying breed. If anybody is a free thinker and says something that is against party lines, they are bastardized and ousted by the party.

@The moderate Republican is a dying breed. If anybody is a free thinker and says something that is against party...

Um.. no they're not. It's not an official group, it's one of those, if you want to be in, you're in, things. There's nto way to get kicked out. All but one of the Republicans I know is moderate, and I know plenty Republicans. If you're definition of extreme republicans are people who are pro-life, don't support gay marraige, are pro-gun control, are against the mosque, NOT because they are racist, and health care reform but are for compromises on most of those things and are calm and reasonable is their reasons for these and can deal with issues without shoving things down people's throats, then I wouldn't consider them "extremists".

I would consider extremists people who are violent, irrational, constantly angry whenever someone disagrees with them and doesn't even try to understand the other person's point of view. None of the Republicans I know are like that.

@fangirl12 Um.. no they're not. It's not an official group, it's one of those, if you want to be in, you're in, things...

None of them you know are, yeah, but the ones in power and in office are. The Tea Party yells that the left isn't reaching across the isle and then they brag about how obstructionist they're going to be. Hypocrisy, anyone?

@None of them you know are, yeah, but the ones in power and in office are. The Tea Party yells that the left isn't...

Like you're being any less hypocritical. The only reason you think the only ones in power are nuts is because those are the only ones anyone makes a big deal about. People love hearing about how crappy other people are. You can't just say that all Republicans in power are extremist Tea Partiers.

@fangirl12 Like you're being any less hypocritical. The only reason you think the only ones in power are nuts is because those...

Most of them are or vote that way for fear of being bastardized. After the mid-term elections, the Republican leaders stated that their number one goal was "to make Obama a one term president." They Republican party is completely full of nothing but assholes if that is their number one goal. The number one goal should be to end partisanship and get this country back in the right direction, not to be the biggest asshole you can possibly be, which is what the Republicans are doing.

@Most of them are or vote that way for fear of being bastardized. After the mid-term elections, the Republican...

Let me make this clear: No one is afraid of being bastardized. the votes are kind of anonymous. It's their number one goal to not have Obama in again because he disagress with their policies so much they can hardly get anything they want to happen happen without him gone. It makes sense that they'd have that as a goal. And in case you haven't noticed, your generalizing about political parties, assuming most people of a party are extremist and that everyone in that party is ignorant and only votes this way not because they have free thought but because either they are extremist jerks or are afraid of their peers is partisanship. If you wanted to end partisanship so badly, you would stop saying crap like that. Do you realize that while you've been saying how hypocritical Republicans are, you've been acting that way too?

@fangirl12 Let me make this clear: No one is afraid of being bastardized. the votes are kind of anonymous. It's their number...

For the common man, yes, votes are hidden, but for the people in Congress, the votes are documented and publicly announced.
To say that the number one goal is something other than working together to end partisan politics and make this country a better is them being complete assholes. Working together to make this country better is much more important than what each party wants individually. At least that is what I think, the Republicans don't, that's clear. Yes, I want partisanship to end? Will it? Not with the Republicans being assholes like they are it won't.

@For the common man, yes, votes are hidden, but for the people in Congress, the votes are documented and publicly...

I'd like to point out once again that you are blaming this all on Republicans, thus reinforcing partisanship. Also, they didn' say they wanted to get rid of Democrats, just Obama. There's a difference between one man and an entire group of people. Again, you're generalizing by saying wanting to get rid of Obama and wanting to get rid fo Democrats are the same thing. Generalizing like this is partisanship. Have you ever heard thee phrase "the pot calling the kettle black"?

@fangirl12 I'd like to point out once again that you are blaming this all on Republicans, thus reinforcing partisanship. Also...

Did I ever anywhere say that they Democrats were angelic saints? No. Are they better (in terms of lack of hypocrisy and willingness to compromise) than the Republicans? Yes.

and this, dear friends, is why i don't give a flying fuck about politics.

you know? this is amirite. we dont need big politic discussions. save those for the debate team.

@you know? this is amirite. we dont need big politic discussions. save those for the debate team.

(yeah,isaidit.): Politics can be fun. If you don't like political posts, just stay away from them. It's the lack of intelligent or meaningful posts that make this sight annoying and repetitive with nothing but pop-culture jokes. This post isn't very well thought out, but others can be.

They could care less? Sounds like they couldn't care less to me.

wow way to make a gross generalization. i guess you're too narrow-minded to realize this, but not all Republicans feel exactly the way you describe them.

I'm a Republican and I'm pro-life because I think life starts at conception and I do think abortion is murder. I can never decide whether or not the death penalty is justifiable. I think that homosexuality is a sin and I'm not going to stand up for it. I think that no matter what the law is, dangerous people will find away to have firearms, and guns provide protection for everyone else. I respect the fact that we are trying to help those who need it in other parts of the world, but I will never say that war is a good thing. I'm not anti-Mustim. I think that people in America are becoming lazy and think that they deserve everything without working for it, including healthcare. This doesn't apply to everyone, of course, but it's definitely encouraging a huge problem in our society. I'm not anti-primary education, and I don't know of anybody who is. I'm middle class. Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

I'm about as liberal as they come, but I think this is an extremely generalized statement that only really applies to radical conservatives. To say this about ALL republics is extremely narrow-minded.

@BeedleTheBard I'm about as liberal as they come, but I think this is an extremely generalized statement that only really applies...

And it is intended to be toward the radical right rather than all, but as was said in these comments, the moderate Republican is a dying breed

actually It's people that don't even try to work and just sit down and smoke pot all day , then beg for welfare and say it's our duty to share our wealth. THOSE ARE THE PEOPLE WE DON'T CARE ABOUT!
hell yes I'm pro gun, pro war, anti muslim, anti gay marriage.

What if the baby grow up to be a gay muslim? Then you'd want to kill it -.-

@What if the baby grow up to be a gay muslim? Then you'd want to kill it -.-

Wow. Brilliant. Because it's not extremist minorities who want to kill muslims and gay people, oh no, it's all Republicans.

Hello, OP. I, too, am a Democrat, and a VERY LIBERAL one, so I do somewhat agree with your post. The problem is that it generalizes too much, and it has flaws in its logic. As many people have stated above, you can't state these things as though they're black and white. Not all Republicans are these things. And many Democrats are! What about Democrats from Catholic districts who are anti-gay marriage and anti-abortion, or ones from rural districts that are pro-guns, or the ones (and there are many!) who supported the War on Terror?

Anti-muslim is a little silly. I know the Ground Zero Mosque thing was a hot topic, but I don't think it justifies that statement.

Republicans who don't agree with your post will take offense to this, but I think they have to understand that these characteristics represent the radicals, who are the ones IN OFFICE and RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT. So maybe you don't support these generalizations, but when you vote for the radicals, this is what get.

Republicans are pro-birth.

becss avatar becs Yeah You Are -5Reply
@becs Republicans are pro-birth.

Way to repeat the post which, in the above 85 comments, has been shown to me close-minded, foolish, and generally ignorant of the world.

"The Republicans only care about the child being born, and after that, they could care less"

Welcome to capitalism :p

thatguyss avatar thatguys Yeah You Are -10Reply
@thatguys "The Republicans only care about the child being born, and after that, they could care less" Welcome to capitalism :p

"Capitalism is an economic system in which the means of production are privately owned and operated for profit."

@"Capitalism is an economic system in which the means of production are privately owned and operated for profit."

"privately" was a key word. Otherwise, everyone is one their own, and we couldn't care less if you fail. Unless you are unable to help yourself, it's survival of the fittest in the economy

thatguyss avatar thatguys Yeah You Are -8Reply
@thatguys "privately" was a key word. Otherwise, everyone is one their own, and we couldn't care less if you fail. Unless you...

Take an Economics class and I think you may understand how things work a little better.

@Take an Economics class and I think you may understand how things work a little better.

No, because communism is a lot less focused on the individual person.

@No, because communism is a lot less focused on the individual person.

Where the hell was communism mentioned?

Here, Let me give a brief summary of how the economy works: Man needs money, man gets job, man gets money, man spends money, man's job continues to make products because people continue to buy their products, man doesn't get laid off.
Here's a different scenario: Man needs money, man gets job, man doesn't spend any money along with everyone else, man loses job because the demand for the product he helped manufacture was too low.

I just graduated and as in an advanced Econ. class. I know what economics SHOULD be just like what communism SHOULD be (Idk why that was brought up either, but I'll use it as an example).

Communism SHOULD be where everything is equal in a community such as incentives and rewards as well as only taking necessities . However, scarcity screws it up and it only works on paper.

Capitalism SHOULD be everyone going in their own self interest and gaining exactly what they want. However, greed screws up that system, and it doesn't work that way.

That's what I was saying. Everyone goes in their own direction, creating person and private markets, but once you're born, self interest is the only thing that matters.

thatguyss avatar thatguys Yeah You Are -1Reply

this post isn't generalizing, it's pointing out flaws in the party platform
and its sort of correct

republicans aren't a politcal party, they're a hate group

jeeeersos avatar jeeeerso Yeah You Are -24Reply
@jeeeerso republicans aren't a politcal party, they're a hate group

That's real mature, isn't it? :) I'm so glad we can all follow your logic, since you're so smart and all and know everything.