+150

Limit - noun - 1. The final, utmost, or furthest boundary or point. 2. A value that cannot be exceeded. Somehow almost nobody understands this word when it's in the context of a speed limit. If it's a limit, then you should always be at or below that speed. You should NOT be tailgated when going 24 or 25 in a 25mph zone, amirite?

qwerty123s avatar
2 23
The voters have decided that qwerty123 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Limits, gah, why can't I remember anything about limits?
oh... that was the week Aaron got his haircut, so cute.
Ok, focus, what was on the board behind Aaron's head?

If the limit never approaches anything...

THE LIMIT DOES NOT EXIST!!!!

People will go as fast as they can without getting stopped by cops.

@steelerman113 People will go as fast as they can without getting stopped by cops.

That's why I always go around 8 or 9 MPH over the speed limit. That way, I can't get a ticket if I get pulled over.

Go with the flow of traffic... Or I will rear end you.

Although I agree, we should rename it "Speed Suggestions"

@mchristie Go with the flow of traffic... Or I will rear end you. Although I agree, we should rename it "Speed Suggestions"

But the flow of traffic is supposed to be at or under the sped limit. And it's not a suggestion because it's the law. If you rear ended someone who was going the speed limit, it would be your fault.

qwerty123s avatar qwerty123 Yeah You Are +7Reply
@qwerty123 But the flow of traffic is supposed to be at or under the sped limit. And it's not a suggestion because it's the...

If everybody else is going 60 in a 45 zone and you're the only one going 45, I have and will pulled people over for driving dangerously. You are supposed to go with the flow of traffic, it is the law.

Not if your driving like an imbecile.

Go with the flow of traffic, if they are above or under the "limit", or get off the road.

@mchristie Not if your driving like an imbecile. Go with the flow of traffic, if they are above or under the "limit", or get...

You are supposed to go with the flow of traffic, but if you rearend somebody it is automaticley your fault.

If you rear end anyone it'll be your fault. The only way the person who gets rear ended is found to be at fault is if they are driving without a valid license or without insurance, then they shouldn't have been on the road.

The speed limit goes from 30 mph to 40 mph right at my house. Once, when I'd put on my blinker and was beginning to slow down, some complete asshole passed me on the double line.

Releasing pent-up road rage feels really good.

Hmm well in this context I completely side with the OP. I understand it's extremely frustrating when people feel the need to speed in areas where it's 25 or under, because more often than not it's a residential area or school.

Not all spedometers are set right. If the speed limit was 30, and both cars show they're going thirty, one might actually be going 35, and the other 25.

@Jules Not all spedometers are set right. If the speed limit was 30, and both cars show they're going thirty, one might...

If your spedometer is that far off, then it needs to be fixed. They shouldn't be more than a few miles per hour over or under.

I add 5mph to the limit to account for the standard error of the sign.

Often people tailgate you because they want you to speed.

@wobbuffet Often people tailgate you because they want you to speed.

Yeah I think that would be why they said there's no reason to tailgate you when you're going the speedlimit already

@I'm just saying the post already implied that.

The post implied people think it's okay to go over the speed limit. ("Somehow almost nobody understands [the word limit]"). I'm saying people do understand what speed limits are but want you to drive faster than them anyway.

Gtfo the road then.