+138

Not to be racist or anything but don't you hate it when you are the only white person surrounded by black or mexican people, or the only black or mexican person surrounded by white people. You want to be surrounded by your own race. amirite?

GigemAggiess avatar
2 28
The voters have decided that GigemAggies is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Why not just say, "Not to be racist, but let me be racist here for a sec."

Eminnas avatar Eminna No Way +23Reply
@Eminna Why not just say, "Not to be racist, but let me be racist here for a sec."

Actually it isn't racist. Even if you make a big deal of it and say it's racist, it's still not racist. People naturally do associate with their race. Think of the first day of kindergarten; it's our baser instinct to befriend the white kid if you're white. It's something you can associate with by saying, "Oh, they're the same colou smilier as me."

@SemiColin Actually it isn't racist. Even if you make a big deal of it and say it's racist, it's still not racist. People...

I'm joking, because if it's not racist, OP shouldn't say, "Not to be racist". Calm your tits, my friend.

Eminnas avatar Eminna No Way +7Reply

Kids don't notice their own skin colour. My black neighbour kid once came up to us, when he was about 8, and said: 'I just saw a woman that was completely black!!!' , pointing out their skin colour. We had to explain to him that he was black, too. He hadn't noticed until we told him.

I hate when people say things like, "not to be racist but", or "no homo" just state your fucking opinion. If you truly mean it, you wont have to censor yourself. And by saying "not to be racist or anything" implies you know what you're saying is racist, making you a racist. See how that works?

@I hate when people say things like, "not to be racist but", or "no homo" just state your fucking opinion. If you...

(Your+name+(optional)): Or it could mean that some people might interpret it as racist.

@Rainbows (Your+name+(optional)): Or it could mean that some people might interpret it as racist.

But if you believe it, and don't mean it to be racist, then it doesn't matter. People post that phrase to either bring people's attention to the fact it is most likely racist, or covering up the fact it's racist.

@But if you believe it, and don't mean it to be racist, then it doesn't matter. People post that phrase to either...

(Your+name+(optional)): It does matter it a world of overly sensitive polliticlay correct people.

IMO, it doesn't really have anything to do with race but rather how similar they are too. For example, I'd feel awkward in a room where I was the only Indian or in a room where I was the only girl or the room where EVERYBODY was shorter than me.

Does that make sense?

I don't really care about race. I've got better things to be self conscious about.

I wouldn't say I hate it, more of just feels awkward. It'd be the same, in my opinion, as being surrounded with people much older than you or people you don't know. I get what you mean, but it's less about race.

It makes you feel like everyone is staring at you.

MR_s avatar MR_ Yeah You Are +16Reply

It's like that at my school. It's predominantly white. I swear, there are only 2 black kids in my grade, and 5 black kids in my highschool MAYBE.
So, for a while it's super uncomfortable, but then you get used to it. I think it would be more weird for a white kid to be surrounded by blacks/mexicans, because white people are larger population wise and aren't in that situation as often.
And white people are generally less straightforward with things, and black/mexicans are gonna say what they want to say when they want to say it, so white people aren't used to that either. When a black/mexican is the minority..it's just like "hm...a whole bunch of white kids are being suspiciously quiet. Oh well."

i hate it when i turn into a white guy and suddenly get surrounded by people of my previous race.

Sergs avatar Serg Yeah You Are +9Reply

If the black or Mexican people look intimidating I'm afraid they're going to mug me or something. :|

Clay_s avatar Clay_ Yeah You Are +8Reply

If it's a large group of people, yeah. Only because I know I stick out, and I'll feel like they're all judging me or something.

IchLiebeDichs avatar IchLiebeDich Yeah You Are +8Reply

if it was a group of just one race, then yeah, i would like it if it were my own. but honestly i always prefer a mix of races.

I'm mixed, so I honestly don't give a fuck.

@BowBowBow I'm mixed, so I honestly don't give a fuck.

Haha I know. I was trying to figure out who I felt more uncomfortable with, black people or white people. But I think remember I'm a halfie therefore it doesn't really make a difference. Best of both worlds y smilie

@Glen_Coco4 Haha I know. I was trying to figure out who I felt more uncomfortable with, black people or white people. But I...

Lololol its funny, cuz 200 years ago halfies woulda been discriminated against by both sides..

Haha I know, right? Being mixed is great, you can literally say any racist thing you can think of and get away with it!

Why does the OP group blacks and mexicans together? What if it is one mexican surrounded by blacks, or a black guy surrounded by mexicans?

why are blacks and mexicans put into one group? what if you're the only mexican surrounded by blacks or visa versa?
plus, more like hispanice or latinos that strickly mexicans.

actually, i love being surrounded being surrounded by other races.. even better if its a mixture of different races, because then you can say, hey look, there's somebody from every culture, awesome!

Why are we grouping black and Mexicans together now?

Saying you want to be surrounded by your own race makes you a racist since you divide people in races.