+53

Most women are born with an inferiority complex, and most men are born with a superiority complex, amirite?

heysoulsisters avatar
0 16
The voters have decided that heysoulsister is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Definitely not born with it. There are millions of traits that scientists, psychologists, sociologists, etc. have differing opinions on about whether they are born into us or learned through the environment (otherwise known as nature vs. nurture).

This is definitely not one of them, as an entire gender wouldn't be born thinking very high or low of themselves. It is cultural and environmental.

Its more like men accept themselves easier, women seem to have a harder time with that. There is always talk about women's right and empowering women, but it makes no sense since they have all the same rights as men and being "empowered" is just...being normal. There is no psychological complex behind these things, just the weird oppression which started thousands of years ago.

MrTies avatar MrTie No Way +1Reply
@MrTie Its more like men accept themselves easier, women seem to have a harder time with that. There is always talk about...

"Thousands of years ago"? Men and women have always been different/treated differently. Chalk it up to society or psychology, either way it's the same.

Stuffs avatar Stuff No Way +1Reply
@Hense why they said "started thousands of years ago"

(Your+name+(optional)): Except they seem to be implying that there were still people before those thousands of years ago, and at that time women and men were treated the same.

Stuffs avatar Stuff No Way -1Reply
@1292091

It's really annoying when you see someone facepalm something with no explanation for why they're doing it and no name to see who they're doing it too, amirite?

Been reading Alfred Adler have we?

@ThatOneNut Been reading Alfred Adler have we?

No. It's just something I thought of. Women are always ragging on themselves, hardly ever see themselves as greater than what they are, it seems, while men seem to naturally view themselves as greater than what they are.

heysoulsisters avatar heysoulsister Yeah You Are +8Reply
@ThatOneNut You know that no one looks at Alfred Adler's theories as legitimate anymore, right?

Ok? I don't know who that is and I'm too lazy Google it. Those are things I thought of on my own, and even if they may be similar to someone else's theories, you can't just dispute my thoughts by saying that someone else's are wrong, so mine are wrong by default.

@heysoulsister Ok? I don't know who that is and I'm too lazy Google it. Those are things I thought of on my own, and even if they...

Yes I can

It's deductive reasoning, let me walk you through it

2+2 does not equal five
2+2 does not equal five
Therefore neither 2+2 does not equal five

@ThatOneNut Yes I can It's deductive reasoning, let me walk you through it 2+2 does not equal five 2+2 does not equal...

Ok? Fight me with actual facts and evidence why don't you. If you're just going to hop on the bandwagon of "no one believes someone else's theories to be true so yours can't be either", then you really have no solid ground to disagree with me. Why do you believe my idea to be incorrect?

heysoulsisters avatar heysoulsister Yeah You Are +4Reply
@heysoulsister Ok? Fight me with actual facts and evidence why don't you. If you're just going to hop on the bandwagon of "no one...

Because your only basis of evidence is a posteriori knowledge that is gained on the basis of assumptions and conformation bias

@ThatOneNut Because your only basis of evidence is a posteriori knowledge that is gained on the basis of assumptions and...

Ok. You're desputing how I came to my conclusion, not my claim. Why do you think it is false to say that most women are born with an inferiority complex, and most men are born with a superiority complex?

heysoulsisters avatar heysoulsister Yeah You Are +6Reply
@heysoulsister Ok. You're desputing how I came to my conclusion, not my claim. Why do you think it is false to say that most women...

The complex you perceive is entirely cultural. As such there are many exceptions to this supposed observation.

Based on this, it is ridiculous to claim they are born with it. There are merely cultural expectations (environmental influence) that sometimes -sometimes, mind you- create this general inferiority or superiority front (in no way is it a complex).

Good day y smilie

@Totobean The complex you perceive is entirely cultural. As such there are many exceptions to this supposed...

Well yeah... I'm not trying to present this a scientific breakthrough, I'm just saying that that's what it seems like.

heysoulsisters avatar heysoulsister Yeah You Are +1Reply