+204

I was watching a documentary on TV tonight, and it depicted a women with the auditory equivalent of color blindness. She couldn't hear tone or rhythm, and Chopin sounded like irritating noise to her. That's kind of heartbreaking, amirite?

Cuban_Bs avatar Music
0 12
The voters have decided that Cuban_B is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Was she really bad at interpreting/heating people's inflections then? And do you have a link? That's so bizarre.

Suzywaos avatar Suzywao Yeah You Are +6Reply
@Suzywao Was she really bad at interpreting/heating people's inflections then? And do you have a link? That's so bizarre.

It's been a while since I watched it, and so I'm afraid I don't remember much detail about the documentary itself. This is the only relative link I could find, hope it helps.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amusia#section_7

Cuban_Bs avatar Cuban_B Yeah You Are +1Reply

Yeah it's heartbreaking, I guess. But there is a lot worse things out there and music isn't exactly necessary for happiness. Now I prepare to be downvoted because "music is the most important thing ever"

Oh, such tristesse!

h smilie

Vitaes avatar Vitae Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Vitae Oh, such tristesse!

Are you being sarcastic? I really think that sucks ...

@Cuban_B Are you being sarcastic? I really think that sucks ...

Chopin has a song called "Tristesse." Was that offensive? ._.

Vitaes avatar Vitae Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Vitae Chopin has a song called "Tristesse." Was that offensive? ._.

Lol no, I know that. I just couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic. It translates as sadness, doesn't it?

Dafuq you talking about? I hear Bieber's music everywhere.

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are +1Reply

That's actually pretty upsetting. It's definitely not something I understand, because I love music.

kipkayifys avatar kipkayify Yeah You Are -1Reply