+321

Aren't you jealous of Ariel in The Little Mermaid? I mean, she got a prince to fall in love with her without saying a single word, amirite?

lOVe98s avatar
5 13
The voters have decided that lOVe98 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I think that's why he liked her so much. 

@I think that's why he liked her so much. 

inorite a girl that doesn't talk, sign me up

Actually he fell in love with her after she saved his life from drowning and sang to him on the beach.

"I know she's out there somewhere Grim. I'm going to find that girl...and I'm going to marry her."

hjos avatar hjo No Way +8Reply
@1296249

Didn't mean to be such a damper, but kids movies teach our kids how life's supposed to be. I love what the Little Mermaid teaches. I don't want it belittled.

hjos avatar hjo No Way +3Reply
@hjo Didn't mean to be such a damper, but kids movies teach our kids how life's supposed to be. I love what the Little...

Like how it teaches you to abandon your family, and everything you believe in life for the chance to be with a guy you saw once and thought was totally hot?

@Like how it teaches you to abandon your family, and everything you believe in life for the chance to be with a guy...

(Your+name+(optional)): Don't forget selling part of yourself to someone in a cave because you don't appreciate the place you live in...

(hjo):I'm not sure they have that big an influence. Do people assume their lives should be just like the movies they watch? I mean, I didn't watch it and want to sell my voice or anything.

@Welovemuffins (hjo):I'm not sure they have that big an influence. Do people assume their lives should be just like the movies...

Children's movies have a huge influence on kids before they start attending school and they're the only influence outside of that child's family.

Ariel believed that just because humans were different they weren't bad. She appreciated that they had a different culture and didn't judge them based on that. Her father was angry because she saved one from drowning, claiming that it would have been "one less human to worry about".

Ariel left her family because she was an angsty teenager rebeling against her father, but she also left because she knew that if she didn't try to pursue true love then she would regret it for the rest of her life. Sure, the love wasn't based on much, but research has proven that when a man and woman experience a traumatic event together they develop a bond that may not have ever existed had that event not happened. They did experience a hurricane where Ariel kept Eric from drowning by fighting the battering waves on the surface rather

hjos avatar hjo No Way +2Reply
@hjo Children's movies have a huge influence on kids before they start attending school and they're the only influence...

than retreating to the safety of the calm water below.

I'd say there are a lot more good things taught by the Little Mermaid than bad.

hjos avatar hjo No Way +1Reply
@hjo than retreating to the safety of the calm water below. I'd say there are a lot more good things taught by the...

(hjo):I don't think 'the little mermaid' sends bad messages to kids. I thought movies didn't affect them that much, but you're right, they do. I didn't have a tv when I was little, so maybe that's why I disagreed.

I agree, I just don't like how Ursula pretty much says to Ariel that the only way to get a man is to use your body. But then again, this "lesson" comes from the antagonist and is proven wrong, so maybe that's the point and this comment is a bit useless...

I absolutely abhorred that movie. =/

Shugahs avatar Shugah No Way +2Reply

Actually, he fell in love with her voice remember?
she saved his life, made a deal with the devil, she had to give up her tail and her life as a mermaid.

annies avatar annie No Way +2Reply