+228

It's off putting when people stare at your forehead instead of making eye contact, amirite?

georgia94s avatar
2 10
The voters have decided that georgia94 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Maybe they're just mad because they can't see their own.

Some people have problems making eye-contact because they have social disorders, are introverted, or generally shy. It's not our fault that new people make us uncomfortable. I can make eye contact with my family or friends, but I have a devil of the time trying to make eye contact with new people or boys whom I find attractive. Instead I tend to look off a ways. But hey! Thanks for making me feel even more awkward and alienated. However awkward it is for you, it's ten times more awkward for us.

@DictatorCourtney Some people have problems making eye-contact because they have social disorders, are introverted, or generally shy...

Actually I was talking about my friend that does it out of habit, not because she's shy etc etc. I was not talking about people with social disorders...

georgia94s avatar georgia94 Yeah You Are +4Reply

Eye contact is irritating to me. I can never look at both eyes so I'm constantly shifting between both eyes. I just stare between their eyes to make it less awkward for me. I don't care if it's awkward for them.

Do I have something up there? rubs forehead

StarGazers avatar StarGazer Yeah You Are +4Reply

gster94 didn't say that it was awkward, they said that it was off putting. And I hate it when people always ruin things like this with negative comments, it wasn't aimed at you in particular so stfu.

When you stare at someone's eyebrows it's even worse. 5 of my buddies and I did it to a teacher during a lesson and she stopped and asked us what we were doing :P