+114

People really shouldn't complain about how Fox News lies. It's not like a news station lying is that big of a new idea. People just get pissed over it because they're lying in favor of the Republicans. amirite?

4 25

I'm not going to vote on this, and I'm not going to take a side, but Fox News does not lie. They bend the truth to fit the political views of the party they favor. Other newspapers and newscasts do the same thing. For example, lets say a child gave Obama a $10 bill. Fox News would say Obama takes bribes, while the New York Times would say that children back up the president. Neither is lying, its called bias.

@Phil I'm not going to vote on this, and I'm not going to take a side, but Fox News does not lie. They bend the truth to...

Fox News Lies, go to politifact.com. It is a non-partisan organization that rates statements made by political sources, and often news organizations. Fox News won "lie of the year" for 2009 and 2010

@HayleyG Fox News Lies, go to politifact.com. It is a non-partisan organization that rates statements made by political...

I don't understand why you got voted down, even though you're correct. However, I feel like Fox news is usually just wrong, not that they intentionally lied.

Yes people SHOULD complain when a news station that is trusted to inform the people is lying. It doesn't matter who the lying is in favour of it's not acceptable.

@SpearmintMilk Yes people SHOULD complain when a news station that is trusted to inform the people is lying. It doesn't matter who...

I agree, people should complain, but it seems like people are saying news suppliers such as CNN are 100% reliable and call Fox 100% bullcrap, when every news supplier is biased.

Katffros avatar Katffro Yeah You Are +13Reply
@Katffro I agree, people should complain, but it seems like people are saying news suppliers such as CNN are 100% reliable...

But it must also be accounted for that every news station has a bias. It is just that the bias of FOX and MSNBC alike is SO bad that fact is no longer given. CNN still reports news and is more credible than FOX and MSNBC combined

@vitaminb But it must also be accounted for that every news station has a bias. It is just that the bias of FOX and MSNBC...

Why does your comment get voted down when it's entirely true?
Out of FOX, MSNBC, and CNN, CNN is the most trustworthy as it is not as biased as the right-winged FOX or the lefty MSNBC.

@Teal Why does your comment get voted down when it's entirely true? Out of FOX, MSNBC, and CNN, CNN is the most...

I have no idea. It is probably because I bashed both sides on their bad behavior. I should remember that it is ok when your party does it, but not the other

Don't trust ANY news source. The news media likes to use scare tactics to increase their ratings.

"Can this common household item give you cancer? Stay up until 11pm tonight and miss the new South Park episode to find out!!"

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +10Reply

This is just a perfect example is the vocal minority (democrats) versus the quiet majority (republicans).

Moiaussis avatar Moiaussi Yeah You Are +6Reply

Acompany called Monsanto injected their cows with a drug called Posilac, which called a hormone which caused the cow to produce more milk. Although this drug caused pain, stress and suffering for the cows, it also had severe health implications on the human body if absorbed. Fox News began to prepare a news story on this case. However, a lawyer from Monsanto sent a threatening letter to Fox News saying that there would be consequences if they aired the story. Fox News had to make changes to story and all the facts were not presented and some of the edits consisted of false information. The edits included the minimization of removing all criticism of the company of the product. The reporters of the article were uncomfortable about this because they felt that it was not right to provide the public with the incorrect information when the information they had would be vital for human health.

There's a difference between bias and an outright lie.

It's not because they're lying in favor of the Republican party. I think that at least for me, they piss me off because they make everything Obama, or really anyone in power does, seem like shit. All criticism all the time.

If Fox news is lying/bending the truth then people have every right to complain, there isn't a law that says you can't complain unless the other people do too.

528491s avatar 528491 No Way +2Reply
@528491 If Fox news is lying/bending the truth then people have every right to complain, there isn't a law that says you...

People have a right to complain about Fox News. Others have the right to complain about others complaining about Fox News. You have the right to complain about other people complaining about others complaining about Fox News. And I have the right to complain about you complaining about others complaining about others complaining about Fox News.

This is fun, isn't it?

The company then tried to bribe the reporters to forget about the story and to never speak about it again, but the reporters refused the offer. Fox News had to edit the article 83 times. After the edits, Fox News decided to fire the reporters as they brought the issue to court. Monsanto and Fox News won the case as the reporter’s argument was invalid, since falsifying the news was against the law.

@Mtrenchie The company then tried to bribe the reporters to forget about the story and to never speak about it again, but the...

Are you saying that the reporters lost the case for lying? Or are you saying that the company won against Fox News?

@jsleepyjean Are you saying that the reporters lost the case for lying? Or are you saying that the company won against Fox News?

The company threatened fox news to change their story. Important factors were left out and the public doesn't know about it. Therefore this chemical is still in some American dairy products.

You can't explain that.

Bending the truth = lying.

Shugahs avatar Shugah No Way +1Reply

It's not a matter of Democrats vs. Republicans-- it's people vs. the government-- and they lie in favor of the corrupt government.