+464

Schools in T.V. shows either have a very strict dress code where they have to wear uniforms, or no dress code at all. amirite?

tea_s avatar Education
3 9
The voters have decided that tea_ is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I know! Like on Victorious, they wear freaking strapless dresses that barley cover their butts! You'd get a referral if you wore anything they wear on there to my school.

Ohh that's like the only exposure I've ever had to American high schools so I thought that was what it was actually like...so there are actually dress codes in places with no uniform??

@XhollyXroseX Ohh that's like the only exposure I've ever had to American high schools so I thought that was what it was actually...

Yes, but the dress codes are not that strict.

like, no spaghetti straps and bra tops, shorts can't be shorter than where your fingertips are.
stuff like that, nothing like, say, wear a blue polo and a white skirt.
atleast, that's my school.

@mchalla3 Yes, but the dress codes are not that strict. like, no spaghetti straps and bra tops, shorts can't be shorter than...

ohh ok. wow fingertip length? luckyy :( we have to wear "formal business attire" every day. no shorts. and skirts gotta be past knees :/ and we gotta wear like blouses and blazers every day

@1308558

A middle stage. In my school you get dress coded if your shorts/skirts aren't finger tip length, no holes in pants, your shirts have to have sleeves, and your cleavage can't show. In shows either they're wearing strapless shirt and mini dresses, or full out uniforms.

tea_s avatar tea_ Yeah You Are +2Reply

And then you have Degrassi which had no dress code, but now has uniforms.

dragonrider713s avatar dragonrider713 Yeah You Are 0Reply

I have to wear a navy blue or white polo, a khaki skirt or skort, and solid gray,white,black,blue, or brown shoes. We have a limit on the number of bracelets, earrings, and necklaces we can wear. No nail polish. Guys hair cannot be longer than their eybrows and natural hair colors.