+576

It's ridiculous that babies are entered in beauty pageants. What can they even be judged on, amirite?

elizabeth216s avatar
5 26
The voters have decided that elizabeth216 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1314191

Have you seen the show toddlers and tiaras? The parents spray tan their 3 years and get their eyebrows waxed.

elizabeth216s avatar elizabeth216 Yeah You Are +29Reply
@elizabeth216 Have you seen the show toddlers and tiaras? The parents spray tan their 3 years and get their eyebrows waxed.

I heard one mother on that show was injecting her daughter, who was either 4 or 8 (maybe it's happened with kids of both ages, I can't remember) with botox.
That's just plain wrong.

trackerjagkers avatar trackerjagker Yeah You Are +19Reply
@trackerjagker I heard one mother on that show was injecting her daughter, who was either 4 or 8 (maybe it's happened with kids of...

Didn't that turn out to be a hoax? Regardless if that one particular instance was just a publicity stunt, it really should be criminalized what these parents do. It's one thing if your child actually wants to be in a pageant. It's another to force your childhood wishes upon your own child and torture them in the process.

MrRites avatar MrRite Yeah You Are +5Reply
@MrRite Didn't that turn out to be a hoax? Regardless if that one particular instance was just a publicity stunt, it really...

I remember hearing about it on the news. How the hell could an 8 year old get wrinkles?

elizabeth216s avatar elizabeth216 Yeah You Are +5Reply
@elizabeth216 I remember hearing about it on the news. How the hell could an 8 year old get wrinkles?

You might be surprised how many people actually get "preventative" botox. They'll hear from their friends, or even sometimes their doctors, that they have wrinkles they can't see yet, but if they get botox RIGHT NOW, they totally won't become visible! This still doesn't explain the use on an eight year old, however....

MrRites avatar MrRite Yeah You Are +2Reply
@MrRite You might be surprised how many people actually get "preventative" botox. They'll hear from their friends, or even...

I would die if I got botox, especially when I was at age 8. I hate needles, and as an 8 year old, the parents shouldn't be concerned about wrinkles. When the child is grown up and wants to get botox done for themselves, that's their choice. When parents get involved, it's a different story.

elizabeth216s avatar elizabeth216 Yeah You Are +3Reply
@elizabeth216 I would die if I got botox, especially when I was at age 8. I hate needles, and as an 8 year old, the parents...

Indeed. It should be a very simple rule. If you have to get your parents' permission to get botox for cosmetic reasons, you're too young to get botox.

MrRites avatar MrRite Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1314195

The kids wear so much make up that they end up looking plastic.

they judge them based on if they can pull off the diaper look or not

Sergs avatar Serg Yeah You Are +25Reply

It's really sad and disturbing. Grown adults putting pounds of makeup on little kids...it's not cute at all, just gross.

They judge them on whoever can hold the fakest face for the longest, without crying.

EpicBoys avatar EpicBoy Yeah You Are +17Reply

it's disgusting. the parents of those kids should be ashamed of themselves.

leecorals avatar leecoral Yeah You Are +11Reply

Most of the kids hate it too. Kids that age just want to run around, be crazy, and nap. Not dress all fancy then be judged. Also, the parents spend ridiculous amounts of money on it. It's a shame.

God_the_Almightys avatar God_the_Almighty Yeah You Are +11Reply
@God_the_Almighty Most of the kids hate it too. Kids that age just want to run around, be crazy, and nap. Not dress all fancy then be...

I agree. The parents always say things like, "Oh, she just loves getting dressed up for pageants!" or "It's all worth it when I get to see how happy she is when she wins!" I'm pretty sure the kids would be happier if their parents would actually let them be kids.

all the parents if those kids are fat! they're living their lives through their kids!

goodtimes avatar goodtime Yeah You Are +9Reply

It's all extremely discriminating. And it's horrible how much people spend on that crap, too.

gracealiss avatar gracealis Yeah You Are +8Reply
@gracealis It's all extremely discriminating. And it's horrible how much people spend on that crap, too.

They spend hundreds of dollars and then even if they win it's like a 100 prize or something.

Those parents are living vicariously through their children.
and all those children are brats. srsly.

Cesares avatar Cesare Yeah You Are +6Reply

Their booties.

they can be judged on beauty?

@AnnDeeva What beauty?

the combination of all the qualities of a person or thing that delight the senses and please the mind

3yrOldPagentQueen -4Reply