+265

How to make Mexican food: Put beans, corn, peppers, rice, tortillas, and meat together in any form and give it a fancy name. amirite?

Marios avatar Food & Drink
3 11
The voters have decided that Mario is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

You'd think mario would be giving advice about italian food.

Is anyone else seeing a salsa ad?

You might wanna throw some cheese in there, too.

my favorite mexican food is "mole" (pronounced moe-lay, not like the animal) & it isn't made up of all those things.

Naming a bunch of foods that are used in that nationality's cuisine is an easy way to make the food seem unoriginal.
Example: Italian food cannot be made without pasta, tomatoes, cheese, or meat (including seafood)

@Mario I am sorry that I offended you

I understand what your post was trying to convey, so I commend you on that. Also, thank you for apologizing.

Tomatillos, potatoes, cilantro, garlic, nopales, cumin, tomatoes, onion.....just a few more things we commonly use.

so.. burrito, torta, quesadilla and the like are now considered fancy names? :s

No offense, and I know I am setting myself up for offending someone by saying this regardless of saying THAT, but when I think "Mexican", "fancy" is not exactly one of the first hundred words to follow by association.