+222

The people that use guns to kill innocent people are going to get guns regardless of the gun control laws. So having strict gun control just means that people that use guns for protection won't have anything to protect themselves when a criminal shoots at them, amirite?

AtheisticMystics avatar Politics
9 17
The voters have decided that AtheisticMystic is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

You know Atheisticmystic, you looked so much better when you had longer hair.

@You know Atheisticmystic, you looked so much better when you had longer hair.

My old picture didn't even show my face, just the side of my head and the blur of an eye. But yeah, I agree, I look, better with long hair, but it's so much easier to have it buzzed

I've used this quote before, but to once again paraphrase the ever wise Penn Jillette:

"Outlawing something is the surest way make certain that only outlaws will get it"

If you outlaw marijuana, then p-- oh wait.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +7Reply

I actually looked up the correlation between gun control laws and crimes because of this post. I was surprised to say the least. But there should still be strict rules in who can get guns legally. I don't really have a problem with people who get weapons for protection or even hunting for food, and then are responsible with how they take care of them, locking them up.

I guess I'm trying to say that the laws we already have need to be more enforced. That before people can get a gun, they should be given psychiatric evaluation along with the background check to make sure they aren't potentially dangerous. I would feel much safer. And also that just because some criminals could get a gun no matter what, doesn't mean we shouldn't make it as hard as possible or give up trying to stop them.

I'm not saying no one can have guns, but the laws need to be much more strict. Many people who use guns to injure someone aren't previously a criminal, but use it against someone spontaneously. Perhaps they are fighting and their anger gets the best of them or something similar. It's frightening that ANYONE is allowed to have a gun.

I am utterly surprised that this has a positive vote, let alone an overwhelmingly positive vote, on super-liberal Amirite

pantherfanatics avatar pantherfanatic Yeah You Are +5Reply
@pantherfanatic I am utterly surprised that this has a positive vote, let alone an overwhelmingly positive vote, on super-liberal...

I know, right? I was expecting people to be all "This is wrong! Guns kill people!11". No stupid 12 year olds making horrible arguments so far anyway. But then again, I'm only a few comments in.

fangirl12s avatar fangirl12 Yeah You Are 0Reply

Bit how often do people actually use guns for self defense? I don't think I've ever heard on the news "man saves his family thanks to being prepared with a pistol" or something similar. Personally, I think it'd be great (albeit impossible) of only the police had guns. That way any one who had a gun and wasn't a cop was an obvious suspect in crime. There wouldn't be accidents as often with improper cleaning etc. But thats a bit far fetched.

@Wynaut Bit how often do people actually use guns for self defense? I don't think I've ever heard on the news "man saves...

Just because not many people are actually in a situation where they have to use a gun for self defense doesn't mean we shouldn't be allowed that security. Outlawing guns would just be depriving innocent law-abiding people of protection, if the need did arise.

BeedleTheBards avatar BeedleTheBard Yeah You Are +6Reply
@BeedleTheBard Just because not many people are actually in a situation where they have to use a gun for self defense doesn't mean...

I didn't say we should, I said it would be nice if somehow no one had them, and that way there'd be less ability to smuggle them etc because dealers would only sell to law enforcement, and criminals would be hard pressed to obtain one. Obviously it is not feasible nowadays, but if when guns first appeared this sort of system was installed it seems to me it would be better.

People don't use guns for self defense very often because most people don't carry guns.

AtheisticMystics avatar AtheisticMystic Yeah You Are +4Reply

what about the husbands that just lose control and shoot their wife in a fit of rage, better a stab wound or a concussion than a bullet to the head.