+361

The least financially successful Harry Potter movie made $90 million more than the most successful Twilight movie. Take that, idiots who think Twilight is better! amirite?

karen_xoxos avatar
14 53
The voters have decided that karen_xoxo is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

People still care about which fucking series is better? ono smilie

I support Harry Potter pride, but how much money a series earns doesn't dictate which is better. The best book in the world could be sitting in some editor's trash can because it didn't appeal to the right demographic or something.

Harry Potter came before Twilight so it has more of a reason to achieve more money. But what am I even saying, Twilight sucks anyways.

Usually, I just ignore the Harry Potter/Twilight war posts, but they are getting annoying. Why can't people just have their opinions? I enjoyed Twilight more than Harry Potter...does that make me an idiot?

@Usually, I just ignore the Harry Potter/Twilight war posts, but they are getting annoying. Why can't people just...

No, unless you haven't read the both the series and you're just judging them by the movies.

@1321035

I always thought of the series as one of those harmless romance novel beach reads, and then I read breaking dawn and the terrible plot, shitty writing, and anti-climactic ending made me wanna puke.

BeedleTheBards avatar BeedleTheBard Yeah You Are +18Reply
@1321081

Yeah, it wasn't even like twisted and weird in the good way. Just really creepy. and Edward having to like, tear through her vagina to get to the baby pretty much. I can't even imagine how they'd do that scene in a movie.

BeedleTheBards avatar BeedleTheBard Yeah You Are +13Reply

<sarcasm> Avatar made more money than any other movie. Take that, idiots who think Avatar isn't the best movie of all time! </sarcasm>

I don't judge movies based on the money they make but rather the content. It shouldn't matter what it cost to make or how much money it made, if it's good then it's good. There are TONS of small budget films that go unnoticed, but that doesn't mean they're bad movies.

@twisted_memories I don't judge movies based on the money they make but rather the content. It shouldn't matter what it cost to make...

Heh, that was what I came here to say. Except I was going to also twat swat all women for a stupid post made by a girl... it's much better to know that there are girls out there with a sense of poise and rationality.

With that being said, let's give the poor girl a break. She probably posted this while this was still a hot topic and it just got homepaged....

@1321038

Hmm Shifty eyes

@KickAss Heh, that was what I came here to say. Except I was going to also twat swat all women for a stupid post made by a...

Haha well, we do exist. There are a few around here (but this place seems mainly dominated by teenage girls [inb4 "teenage girls can be mature blah blah etc.," we know, we were teens once too]).

That doesn't mean anything. Donnie Darko, which has the same approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes as the the most critically successful Harry Potter movie, did so terribly in the box office that it didn't even break even on it's budget.

That being said, of course Harry Potter is better than Twilight. Why is this still something we need to discuss?

Things that annoy me:

1. The Harry Potter/Twilight Debate
2. People who bitch about the Harry Potter Twilight Debate
3. People who bitch about people who bitch about the Harry Potter/Twilight Debate.

You guys are making me hate myself. PLEASE stop this madness. No one gives a fuck

You know what, people like you who only talk about how much better Harry Potter is than Twilight are JUST as annoying as people who are obsessed with Twilight. Personally, I can't stand either one. I might not dislike them so much if it weren't for the fans.

@brunetterox915 You know what, people like you who only talk about how much better Harry Potter is than Twilight are JUST as...

I like both series and frankly I'm tired of it. I can't defend one or critique one without someone jumping down my throat. Let people like what they like and leave them alone. Nobody forces you to watch the movies/read the books/even really deal with screaming fans if you hate it that much.

@twisted_memories I like both series and frankly I'm tired of it. I can't defend one or critique one without someone jumping down my...

It's kinda hard not to deal with fans if any time one movie is brought up, the hardcore fans of the other have to start an argument.

Either way, I didn't jump down anyone's throat, much less yours. I never said you couldn't like the movies, and honestly I'm not saying anything against the casual fan. I'm talking about the ones who are obsessive, which it doesn't seem to me you are.

You know.. Harry Potter isn't for everyone. It's possible to enjoy a romance over an intense action packed thinking movie. I love Harry Potter and I'm a fan of the twilight movies as well. But I don't think they should be compared as much as they are. They're completely different movies..

GET THE FUCK OVER IT.

Why was this homepaged?

@BetterThanEzra1119 Why was this homepaged?

why did so many people agree?

Sergs avatar Serg No Way +2Reply

I like OMG Facts too.

Neither one is better, it's all about personal preference.

I'm talking about when they came out, their sales in the movie theaters and stuff.

karen_xoxos avatar karen_xoxo Yeah You Are +2Reply

I like pancakes.

what the hell? how dare they even compare harry potter to twilight/?? i mean, seriously! HARRY POTTER WILL ALWAYS BE BEttEr! they copied harry potter! I mean like riding a motorcycle then turn into a wolf? how very familiar! Sirius Black did that! J.K rowling splited DH2 into two movies and then GUESS WhaT? Here then comes twilight shit then copies the idea of "Our Queen; J.K Rowling" !!!!

Why can't people just have different opinions? I didn't enjoy either of them. I really don't get the big deal about Harry Potter, I read the books and they're not that well written. I actually liked the movies more than the books.

I'm not putting up a fight, but people are going to think one or the other is better based on personal opinion, what others think probably doesn't matter.

I had no idea everyone was going to get so angry over a post...calm down.

karen_xoxos avatar karen_xoxo Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1325494

Actually I have read and watched both Harry potter was better written with guts and a climatic ending where as twilight ends with nobody DIEING and Bella having some stupid special power.✌👌👍

why is everyone so crazy over this battle? i enjoy Twilight, but im personally OBSESSED with HP. so what? one is an intense, sci-fi action series and one is a romance. why should they be compared????

everyones entitled to their own opinion

I think they are. First off, what could they possibly put into two movies? There were few significant things in the book Breaking Dawn. Renesmee happened, Imprinting happened, Bella into vampire happened... and that's about it. I could say the Volturi thing happened, but nothing really did happen. Just pointless build up.

In Deathly Hallows, so much happened and all of it was really vital. The Seven Potters, The Wedding, Grimauld Place, The Ministry, The Woods, Godric's Hollow, Xenophilius Lovegood, Gringotts, The Final Battle (part 1 and 2), Malfoy Manner, Snape's Memory, The Sacrifice Harry has to make, The Epilogue, all of the deaths, finding the Horcruxes and the Sword of Gryffindor of course, even Dumbledore's Story has significance. That is just to name a few. You have to fit that into the movies, and it's ALL important.

Also, it's pretty stupid to make the Twilight movies come out RIGHT after the Harry Potter movies. Everyone knows Harry Potter movies are the most successful movie series ever, and that is not opinion. That is statistics. That will, if anything, make them lose money.

Note: This is just my opinion.

That's actually not true because Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Least Successful HP) made $796.7 million and Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2 (Most Successful Twilight) made $829.7 million. Also, I don't think it is fair to compare the two movie franchises because they're very different. Another think is that the budget for the Harry Potter movies was a lot higher than the budget for the Twilight movies.

Why can't people just have different opinions? I didn't enjoy either of them. I honestly don't get the big deal about Harry Potter, I read the books and they're not that well written. I actually liked the movies more than the books.

That's not true. As said in the MLIA post you read this in, the second Harry Potter movie made $261,988,482. Twilight Eclipse made $300,531,751.

@That's not true. As said in the MLIA post you read this in, the second Harry Potter movie made $261,988,482...

That's how much money they made in America alone. But worldwide, the lowest-grossing Harry Potter movie made $790 million, and the highest-grossing Twilight movie made $708 million.

And keep in mind that average ticket prices in America for Eclipse were about $8 but only $6 for Chamber of Secrets, so although Eclipse made more money, it sold fewer tickets.

@wobbuffet That's how much money they made in America alone. But worldwide, the lowest-grossing Harry Potter movie made $790...

Regardless, though, as stated previously, why is top-grossed money a factor in good movies? Harry Potter has been out much longer and would obviously have grossed more. Plus, this doesn't even factor in the books.

@1353329

I think it's the most boring. My fave is the Goblet of Fire.