+278

Having x-ray vision would really suck, unless you could turn it on or off at will, otherwise you're just seeing people's skeletons & even if you could see through clothes, I doubt you'd like to see everyone naked cough family members, amirite?

Giganotorex273s avatar Jokes & Humour
4 17
The voters have decided that Giganotorex273 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Almost all super powers suck if you can't control them....

@death_or_glory There was a cracked article on that.

Proving it doesn't suck or what? Can ya link me? I'm super bored and would enjoy reading it!

@death_or_glory http://www.cracked.com/article_...y-science.html proving that it would suck.

Meh, I didn't really like that article as much as I thought I would. Even though it applies, "rules of science" it's pretty sloppily done. For one thing having super powers != being a (super hero || super villain). You always have the option of being just a super person who uses your powers selfishly. Another thing is that it doesn't really take into account a super heroes ability to control their super powers. I'm not really sure if you want to hear my opinion on this, so I'll stop there.

I don't get why everyone thinks x-ray vision makes you see people naked... Have you seen an x-ray before...?

@heysoulsister Yes

Generally when people talk about x-ray vision, they mean it the way where you can see through anything you want. I mean people use the term gay to talk about homosexuals, but it really means happy. So a words definition changes as it is used and interpreted. Besides what would you call it? See through some stuff clearly and people's skeletons thingy machiger vision? HMMM?

@KickAss Generally when people talk about x-ray vision, they mean it the way where you can see through anything you want. I...

Yeah, that's generally what x-rays and x-ray vision does. And your example is incorrect; the meaning of x-ray you're talking about is just a connotation. Gay, in the dictionary, can mean either happy or a homosexual. And why did I get downvoted for saying 'Yes'....?

@heysoulsister Yeah, that's generally what x-rays and x-ray vision does. And your example is incorrect; the meaning of x-ray...

Don't ask me, I didn't do it. Anyways, if you don't understand then I'll give you another example, people saying brother, doesn't mean they're siblings.

@KickAss If someone calls you champ, doesn't mean you're a champion

That's a nickname, not a connotation...
Why are you still trying to prove this to me? I know what x-ray vision is, I just think it's stupid that people associate it with seeing random people naked rather than as a skeleton. End of story.