-335

What's with all the blind people wearing sunglasses? It's not like the sun is bothering you... amirite?

Emptysquares avatar Jokes & Humour
1 22
The voters have decided that Emptysquare is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Since people with blindness are unable to see, they won't blink or squint at sunlight which can burn their eyes. The sunglasses protect that from happening.
My one professor who is blind also wears them because she has uncontrollable eye moment. It can make some people uncomfortable, so wearing sunglasses is a way to make others feel at ease. Sometimes she would even wear them in class.

It also has become an identifier of blindness which can help people driving be aware of someone who has blindness is crossing the street.

andmels avatar andmel No Way +52Reply

Bardagis avatar Bardagi No Way +19Reply

Even if you can't see properly your eyes are still organs that are sensitive to the sunlight...

Hmm I honestly think you should have asked a blind person, instead of posting it on the Internet where a blind person can't see it

@Sonofarifle Hmm I honestly think you should have asked a blind person, instead of posting it on the Internet where a blind...

Blind people can still use the internet, I'm pretty sure there are ways for programs to read it out for them. I bet there are a couple blind amirite users on here somewhere.

@Blind people can still use the internet, I'm pretty sure there are ways for programs to read it out for them. I...

How are they supposed to know where to click? If anything, they would have to get someone to help them

Can't tell if trolling, or just really stupid.......

@Crossfire3220 Can't tell if trolling, or just really stupid.......

The subject that this was put in is jokes, therefore i spy a troll.

Facepalm You idiot.

But seriously, some blind people wear sunglasses because they have an eye deformity.

Why do they wear them, anyway? o.o

@RunThePacific You fail.

Sorry for not being intelligent enough for you...

@iamganontheumbreon Sorry for not being intelligent enough for you...

Eh, it's alright. Allow me to explain.
"Why Blind People Wear Sunglasses" by Amish_Llama
One of the reasons blind people wear sunglasses is because they can't sense light. They don't squint or turn away from it, so the sunglasses prevent damage to their eyes.
Another reason is because some blind people's eyes look different. They may be glazed over or cross eyed or wall eyed, because they can't tell where they're looking. So, they wear sunglasses so that people won't get distracted or stare at their eyes.
One other reason that kind of goes along with the last one is because they may have uncontrollable eye movements.
The end!

Oh.i thought he was trying to coin in one some of the "one hell of a salesman" glory.

http://www.amirite.net/461370

You guys I saw this exact Sam thing on failbook.. It was originally part of a long comment chain where the original poster was complaining about people wearing something and being poseurs. A bunch of his friends commented saying " yeah and what's with the people wearing Lebron jerseys, they aren't Lebron James. POSEURS!" just to make fun of their friends. I am tired of seein stuff ripped off from other places on amirite...

Lanys avatar Lany No Way -4Reply