+214

It's kinda annoying how the spectators at a tennis match have to be silent while the players can grunt all they want, amirite?

Sports
0 18

They have to concentrate, I can't blame them. It's a sport you have to focus a lot on.

@1322826

Exactly! I was going to add that but I wasn't sure if the spectators could talk or not. Thank you!(:

@1322837

Your probably right. And yeah! There are so many factors you have to think about in golf. And tennis is mainly timing and speed

@Madison_ Your probably right. And yeah! There are so many factors you have to think about in golf. And tennis is mainly...

There's a lot more than just speed and timing in tennis....there's wind factor, spin, direction, form, ball condition, court condition...I could go on, but you get the idea. Not that golf doesn't have a lot to focus on as well, but yeah.

Wynauts avatar Wynaut No Way +2Reply
@Madison_ Exactly! I was going to add that but I wasn't sure if the spectators could talk or not. Thank you!(:

Wait, you have to be a mute in order to watch a golf game? Wtf... there goes my hopes and dreams of being a world golf live watcher. Can at least watch it at home?

@Madison_ They have to concentrate, I can't blame them. It's a sport you have to focus a lot on.

And another thing, its a pretty expensive sport to go and watch. People who can afford it, don't go there to talk. They are serious about watching it.

Plus, every point is up for grabs so the fans are paying so close attention to see who's going to win every single point. It's a sport where little points build up to bigger things, so it'd be weird for fans to cheer during a random point.

I was watching a tennis match on TV today because it happened to be on when I walked into the room, and one of the players' "tennis grunt" sounded more like a horse whinny. The soundtrack for the entire match was basically "Ugh," "Thud", "EEEEeeeeee!" over and over again.