+510

You can listen to any damn music you like. And that INCLUDES Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and anything mainstream, amirite?

Wakors avatar
11 24
The voters have decided that Wakor is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I try to live by this philosophy, but as soon as I blast my Afghan Communist Techno, people judge me.

Dwights avatar Dwight Yeah You Are +46Reply

"No you can't! All you main stream conformists sicken me! Blah Blah Blah something rude." -- The Average Hipster

DictatorCourtneys avatar DictatorCourtney Yeah You Are +12Reply

Hipster Kitty: I prefer Drop Dead Rockers. [made up band]
You've probably never heard of them before.

Katffros avatar Katffro Yeah You Are +7Reply

No one said you couldn't...

@Cydonia No one said you couldn't...

Pretty much everyone on this site bashes you if you listen to anything remotely mainstream.

Kaitlyns avatar Kaitlyn Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Cydonia No one said you couldn't...

Have you ever heard a hipster (or other sort of person) bash pop music, or insinuate that people who listen to it are braindead?

Wakors avatar Wakor Yeah You Are 0Reply

I'm a total hipster except for my music tastes. I can't go an entire day without jamming out to Ke$ha. lolwut smilie

Vitaes avatar Vitae Yeah You Are +5Reply

it is for posts like this that we need a "hells yes!" button because YYA just doesn't cut it

@it is for posts like this that we need a "hells yes!" button because YYA just doesn't cut it

For some of the posts on amirite, I would be MASHING that button. Thanks!

Wakors avatar Wakor Yeah You Are +2Reply

You could. But your ears might bleed.

@You could. But your ears might bleed.

Yeah, maybe, haha. But the point is that it's hypocritical to say, 'Don't bash my music you stupid pop-crap-lovers!'

Wakors avatar Wakor Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Wakor Yeah, maybe, haha. But the point is that it's hypocritical to say, 'Don't bash my music you stupid pop-crap-lovers!'

I always find it very funny when the OP doesn't vote "Yeah You Are"(or, better yet, they DO vote "No Way")to their own post.

I'm not judging, just making an observation.

@FlooPowderPower I always find it very funny when the OP doesn't vote "Yeah You Are"(or, better yet, they DO vote "No Way")to their...

I didn't do anything with my post, haha. It's automatically supposed to be Voted Up, but I didn't unvote or anything. Weird, haha!
Oh well, I'm a huuuuge hippocrate sometimes, so maybe it's best I'm neutral on my own posts?

Wakors avatar Wakor Yeah You Are +1Reply

you don't have to you automaticaly vote it up as soon as you make it. and if you have the time to check then you have no life.

@xxiliketurtlesxx you don't have to you automaticaly vote it up as soon as you make it. and if you have the time to check then you...

It's not like I went through the list of people who voted "Yeah You Are" just to check and see if they voted it up or not. I just noticed that their comment wasn't green. No need to insult me and my lack of a life.

FlooPowderPowers avatar FlooPowderPower Yeah You Are +1Reply
@FlooPowderPower It's not like I went through the list of people who voted "Yeah You Are" just to check and see if they voted it up...

They did vote on it. They just checked the option to hide their votes so all their comments show up as blue.

@You could. But your ears might bleed.

I could listen to indie hipster music but my heart might give itself a heart attack from boredom.

@Wakor Haha XD I like some indie, but it doesn't all do it for me.

I haven't really heard it, I was just joking, but is Imogen Heap/Cocteau Twins considered Indie? I like some of their songs.

@Eminna I haven't really heard it, I was just joking, but is Imogen Heap/Cocteau Twins considered Indie? I like some of...

I'm not sure what the criteria is for indie... When I hear it, I just think of 'hipster music' or 'not as popular/mainstream music'.
I ADORE Imogen Heap (you should listen to My Secret Friend, where she collaborates with IAMX, who is also amazing), and I love Alice by the Cocteau Twins.

@Wakor I'm not sure what the criteria is for indie... When I hear it, I just think of 'hipster music' or 'not as...

I'll listen, I love 2-1 and Hide & Seek, and that's the song I meant when I said Cocteau Twins, haha.