+253

Sometimes you start liking a genre of music (ie. Rap, Screamo, or Techno) because the person you have a crush on likes that type of music. Once you get over them you listen to your iPod, and your like "WTF is this crap?", amirite?

Strakchs avatar Music
10 14
The voters have decided that Strakch is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I never have and never will change my taste in music just to match somebody else's.

Personally I would kind of check it out but a girl isn't really enough to change my views on a subject like my taste in music because somethings are the way they are.

Hahha the first part is so true, but I usually keep liking the music even after i'm over them. One of my ex's from a couple of years ago listened to rock, classic rock, hard rock ect, and today i still love those genres. Same with another ex who liked screamo and metal

@Hahha the first part is so true, but I usually keep liking the music even after i'm over them. One of my ex's from...

Same here! I had a crush on this guy and I started to learn more about rap to impress him. Turns out I found some really good stuff and now I have added a whole other genre to my iTunes!

Claras avatar Clara Yeah You Are 0Reply

Or every time you hear those songs come up on shuffle you change them really quick because they remind you of that person and how you felt the first time you heard that song.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +4Reply

It's not so much that I changed my taste. He just introduced me to soooo much music that I actually really love.

@Neverwhere It's not so much that I changed my taste. He just introduced me to soooo much music that I actually really love.

Exactly. Like maybe I thought I didn't like a certain genre, but after he played me a certain song it opened my eyes to how great it can really be.

Same, if I listen to any band enough I'll like them so it's not like I purposely changed myself.

528491s avatar 528491 Yeah You Are 0Reply

Haha i added screamo to my iPod because of this guy i was dating. this is so true...I could never hate screamo more now (:
Also, I didn't change my taste in music, i just added more!

Yea.. Dubstep >.<

Yep. I hate metal, but I've been with a few guys that liked it, and it always wound up on my Ipod.

Also, my friends I tend to share laptops, and I've ended up with a bunch of weird music on my Itunes - once about 100 white power skinhead songs.

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are 0Reply