+562

Casey Anthony should have been found guilty, amirite?

Infinitys avatar
5 45
The voters have decided that Infinity is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Hide ya kids hide ya wife.

Chapsticks avatar Chapstick Yeah You Are +35Reply

If Casey Anthony didn't kill her daughter, then who did? Why would she lie to the cops if she was innocent? Why did she wait a whole entire month to report her missing child? Wouldn't you call the cops within a few hours of "not knowing where your child is"? Why was she out partying and having fun while her child is missing/dead? Why did she have no emotion the whole time? Why did she lie so many times, come up with different stories, and use random excuses? Why did she get away with all that?

niemann2006s avatar niemann2006 Yeah You Are +33Reply
@niemann2006 If Casey Anthony didn't kill her daughter, then who did? Why would she lie to the cops if she was innocent? Why did...

She never reported her child missing. Casey's parents did after a month of begging to see her...
Why would she have searched "how to make chloroform" on her computer?

@She never reported her child missing. Casey's parents did after a month of begging to see her... Why would she...

and why would she have lied and said her daughter was with a nanny who didnt even know her!

gimme_sympathys avatar gimme_sympathy Yeah You Are +1Reply

Even though she wasn't, she'll be going through hell the rest of her life over this, and I don't think she'll have it easy in terms of getting a job, friends, etc.

Eminnas avatar Eminna Yeah You Are +20Reply

Welcome to America, where you can get away with pretty much anything as long as you have money and good lawyers.

Big_Bosss avatar Big_Boss Yeah You Are +19Reply

Her face looked so blank and bored throughout the whole trial; I had the hardest time trying to decipher whether she was so insanely nervous that she was going to get caught, or just out of it and mourning over her daughters death and thinking about who could possibly kill her child. In the end though, after paying more attention to it; I really think that she should have been stated guilty.

What's most ridiculous is that, out of everything she's been charged with, the only thing she's been found guilty of are four counts of lying to police, which could result in a sentence of... drumroll please... up to a year for each count. A child is dead, and she gets a maximum of four years?! What is our justice system coming to?!

@What's most ridiculous is that, out of everything she's been charged with, the only thing she's been found guilty...

I don't understand how she was found not guilty of aggravated child abuse. If it was an accidental drowning like she said, why would she wait 31 days to report her death instead of immediately getting her help?

@Prof_E I don't understand how she was found not guilty of aggravated child abuse. If it was an accidental drowning like...

Easy: Casey Anthony is a liar. That's why she didn't testify at her own trial. I understand that accidents happen, but this was no accident. Anthony would have to be at least partially responsible for her daughter's death, or she wouldn't have tried to cover it up with a string of lies. I don't know if it's true that she went out partying after Caylee died, but even if the girl had drowned, no innocent person would duct tape the body and leave it in the woods.

of manslaughter*

@1331548

Yeah, at least, have fun going through life where pretty much everybody hates you...

duckshirts avatar duckshirt Yeah You Are +9Reply

Wait... She's not guilty?!?

FeliciaDHUs avatar FeliciaDHU Yeah You Are +6Reply
@FeliciaDHU Wait... She's not guilty?!?

Yeah they just gave the verdict.

Infinitys avatar Infinity Yeah You Are +3Reply
@1331488

"A little lame..."? What a huge understatement.

You know, there's something to be said for rendering a verdict based on evidence. She probably did it, but we should never assume something like that when doling out murder charges.

@RunThePacific Well... there WERE 400 pieces of evidence pointing toward Casey...

Circumstantial evidence? I've heard there wasn't anything beyond that, but I haven't studied it or anything.

@UpandAdam Circumstantial evidence? I've heard there wasn't anything beyond that, but I haven't studied it or anything.

Yeah, that's it. The problem was that there wasn't enough physical evidence, just signs pointing towards her. I hate how, in our justice system, you don't have to be proven innocent.

RunThePacifics avatar RunThePacific Yeah You Are 0Reply

Thinking of Caylee and her grandparents today. So, so sad.

Did she plead insanity?

@open_mind_open_soul Did she plead insanity?

Nope, her defense was "she was abused" and that there was "not enough evidence". The case was that Casey somehow got into their swimming pool (she couldn't undo the lock) and died, and that when Casey saw this, she then took her child and buried her? Idk, but its sketchy.

@Nope, her defense was "she was abused" and that there was "not enough evidence". The case was that Casey somehow...

(o.O): Yeah...the logical thing to do if Casey just drowned would be to call the police and start crying, not go batshit and hide her in your car. With duct tape.

Well if she does go to jail for even a small amount of time they're going to give her hell in there.

@elephantsareblue Well if she does go to jail for even a small amount of time they're going to give her hell in there.

She's been in jail for three years already. They would've done something by now.

Clay_s avatar Clay_ No Way 0Reply
@She's been in solitary confinement.

Ah, okay. They'll probably keep her in solitary confinement for the rest of her sentence then.

Clay_s avatar Clay_ No Way 0Reply

I live under a rock and don't watch/read the news. What's this all about? I tried to read about this in TIME magazine, but they always assume that you know all the background information, so it's hard to understand.
Can anybody tell me what this is about?

@mchalla3 I live under a rock and don't watch/read the news. What's this all about? I tried to read about this in TIME...

Basically a little girl went missing in 2008. The mom didn't report it until 31 days afterward. She went out partying and whatnot right after it happened. The grandparents of the missing child reported that the back of the mom's care smelled of a decomposing body. There was only a bag of trash inside. The mom claimed the left the kid with a babysitter. Said sitter did not exist. Kid's bones were found six months later in the woods by the house. Her skull was duct taped. It was likely that the mom knocked her out with chloroform and suffocated her so she could be without responsibility. The mom claims the kid fell in the pool and drowned and she was in such denial about it she wrapped up the kid and dumped her in the woods to make it look like a homicide. Which is retarded. Also there were searches on mom's computer about chloroform and neck breaking. HMMM.

The justice system is fucked up.

coolstorys avatar coolstory Yeah You Are +1Reply

I heard about this topic elsewhere,seems like it is for real.

there just wasn't enough evidence to prove she intentionally killed her kid. sad as the whole thing may be, she shouldn't be found guilty, and she wasn't

I recommend this song: YouTube video thumbnail it's not a "suck it up" song. It's an "I hate Casey Anthony" song.

No. The prosecutors didn't clearly establish Casey's link to the murder to the jury. Not to mention there wasn't really any DNA evidence that belonged to Casey. They didn't even have a cause of death. The coroner couldn't conclude how she died.
Anyway, the jury made its decision and the decision is final.
If the investigation is reopened and Casey is found to be the murderer, she will never be tried for it, due to the double jeopardy clause of the Fifth Amendment.

Clay_s avatar Clay_ No Way -1Reply
@Clay_ No. The prosecutors didn't clearly establish Casey's link to the murder to the jury. Not to mention there wasn't...

This has to do wiht like 0.01% of your comment, but the jury really didn't want to make that decision. One juror said they were all crying and felt sick to their stomachs after being forced to make that verdict, because they all knew they were letting a killer loose. The only reason they made that decision was because they couldn't prove otherwise.
Anyways, it just kinda bugged me that you made the jurors sound as low-life-ish as Casey and her lawyer.

RunThePacifics avatar RunThePacific Yeah You Are +2Reply
@RunThePacific This has to do wiht like 0.01% of your comment, but the jury really didn't want to make that decision. One juror...

I didn't know the details of the jury's decision when I posted that comment. It was July 6th when the jury stated that and my comment was July 5th. I understand the distress the jury felt deciding the verdict. The fact is that the prosecution failed to provide a link to prove that Casey killed Caylee. The jury had to make the decision.
I never made the jury sound 'lowlife-ish' like you stated. I simply made a comment saying the jury made its decision, and that's final.
I'm not going to defend Casey, but I will defend her lawyer. Jose Baez is a defense lawyer, and he did his job. He defended her. That's what he does for a living. The Constitution gives us the right to a fair and speedy trial and the right to an attorney, which he did for Casey.

Clay_s avatar Clay_ No Way +2Reply