+273

There are a couple scary movies that you saw as a kid that you are still scarred from in some type of way, amirite?

Lolitas avatar
2 45
The voters have decided that Lolita is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Not a movie...
but Courage the Cowardly Dog.... That scared me to death.

Shugahs avatar Shugah Yeah You Are +23Reply
@Shugah Not a movie... but Courage the Cowardly Dog.... That scared me to death.

that's exactly what I was going to write! That one episode when old guy Eustace kept some rock thing with symbols on it that was from a grave and the ghost dude came and was saying "give it baccckk" all scary and made stuff happen...it still scares me, 12 years later.

karen_xoxos avatar karen_xoxo Yeah You Are +3Reply

It's funny, I can't watch anything scary (see above reply about Scream) but I loved courage, especially that "return the slab eoisode". Although it was definitely creepy at first. That and the talking moon face thing.

Wynauts avatar Wynaut Yeah You Are +3Reply

IT being the most scarring one

stepdoms avatar stepdom Yeah You Are +12Reply
@Lolita Chuckie

oh Chuckie was scary too.Glad i am not a girl so I don't have to worry about getting giant dolls.

stepdoms avatar stepdom Yeah You Are +2Reply
@stepdom IT being the most scarring one

I came here to write that exact same movie! So scary. "We all float down here." I will never forget that, lol.

_Jojo_s avatar _Jojo_ Yeah You Are +3Reply
@_Jojo_ I came here to write that exact same movie! So scary. "We all float down here." I will never forget that, lol.

I was forced to watch it at 4 years old and it scared me because I thought that creepy clown was goin to eat me as a kid and then I saw IT 2 like 4 years later and I was sort of scared not as much as when I was 4 but still and I was like what if I escaped IT and he was going to kill me as an adult but I doubt it.

@Lolita Who forced you to watch IT?!

This lady who my mom had babysit me and my sisters. She had pretty much every horror movie ever invented up to that exact moment and whenever she came over she wanted to watch a lot of them with us. She later got a boyfriend and invented him over to babysit us along with her and I think they broke up because he thought horror movies were good but didn't want little kids to have to watch the movies so he would give us this blanket to hide our eyes.

That M. Night Shyamalan movie, Signs. Those fucking green aliens

Chuckie.
AND E.T even though everyone loves him.
Creeps the shit outta me. .-.

Kayla_Loves_Yous avatar Kayla_Loves_You Yeah You Are +7Reply

The Grudge.

Javvies avatar Javvie Yeah You Are +6Reply

I watched both IT and Poltergeist when I was 11 or 12 and thought they were incredibly stupid.
I saw a few minutes of E.T. on TV when I was 14 and it freaked me out. I don't know how people can think he's "cute".

The ring, I always think about it when there is no signal on the TV

annies avatar annie Yeah You Are +5Reply

Don't Look Under the Bed. o_O I think it was rated G, but it still freaked me out.

LibbyPaigeAs avatar LibbyPaigeA Yeah You Are +4Reply

I saw Carrie and Chuckie when I was a kid. I don't really remember terrors from Chuckie, but Carrie scared the crap out of me. She was just so psycho. I had nightmares about my little sister stabbing me. And the whole pig's blood thing just disgusted me.

pamplemousse94s avatar pamplemousse94 Yeah You Are +4Reply

Any claymation movie. They make me queasy..

Poltergeist. Especially when my mom woke us up with creepy clowns. :/

Signs and The Brother's Grim freaked me out.
I couldn't touch my dog for a week after watching the Brother's Grim. asdlfjldf

@Signs and The Brother's Grim freaked me out. I couldn't touch my dog for a week after watching the Brother's Grim...

Signs for me! I remember at the part where the alien pokes his head out during the birthday party, i was so scared that i jerked my whole body and hit my head on a table..

Stephen King's Tommyknockers.
I had nightmares of people with glowing green eyes chasing me around.

I watched it here a year or so back and was like 'Wtf, I was scared of this?'

Collies avatar Collie Yeah You Are +2Reply

Scream.

I guess that was more of my brother's fault, though. I was about...three or four and sitting with my mom. And he put on the costume and was skulking around the hallway. I saw him, didn't know it was him because of the mask, but my mom didn't believe me. Then he jumped out and I screamed and ran into the kitchen. I think I also might have hid in the cabinet.

But yeah. Years later I cannot watch Scream because that costume creeps me the fuck out.

Wikits avatar Wikit Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Wikit Scream. I guess that was more of my brother's fault, though. I was about...three or four and sitting with my mom...

My belter forced me to watch it as a kid, and he had one of those masks. Afterwards I threw the mask deep into one if our closets that never got cleaned and didn't go in there for months. I hate that stupid expression :/

Wynauts avatar Wynaut Yeah You Are +2Reply

titanic scared the everlasting crap out of me

@toofastforlove titanic scared the everlasting crap out of me

i saw that for the first time when i was 12 so i guess that doesn't count as being a little kid...it didnt really scare me but i basically flooded the living room crying at the end

i can definitely see where it would scare a little kid tho!!

Little nemo kinda ruined my childhood

anyone remember ghost cat??? i was watching it on tv and it scared me to death when i was 7!!!

Chuckie. No doubt about it, that movie scarred me for life.

SanctuaryExiles avatar SanctuaryExile Yeah You Are +2Reply
@SanctuaryExile Chuckie. No doubt about it, that movie scarred me for life.

I, to this day, am paranoid that someone is hiding in the back of my car and I ALWAYS check before I let anyone get in. It's pathetic. And for years after watching it, I couldn't even LOOK at a doll. I'd actually cry if anyone bought me one.

Lolitas avatar Lolita Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Lolita I, to this day, am paranoid that someone is hiding in the back of my car and I ALWAYS check before I let anyone get...

It's okay, I still check under my bed. And I remember that after I watched the movie for the first time, I went to sleep in my dad's bed because I got so scared (I was only 9 or something). And while I was sitting there wide awake, I swear to god I saw Chuckie's shadow climbing down the bed board, so I screamed as loud as I could.

But I don't blame you. He's freaking creepy.

SanctuaryExiles avatar SanctuaryExile Yeah You Are 0Reply

Gremlins. I don't know why, but it scarred me for life. O.o

jaws

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are 0Reply