+303

Sometimes when you're a girl you prefer to have guy friends, amirite?

xorachelxos avatar
3 23
The voters have decided that xorachelxo is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Sometimes when I'm a girl I like to dress up in fancy dresses, but sometimes when I'm a boy I like to play football. It just depends on my gender for the day.

"Sometimes when you're a girl?"

@ihatesocks "Sometimes when you're a girl?"

hhaa sorry i was thinking of two different ideas at one time. i can't change it tho, sorry

xorachelxos avatar xorachelxo Yeah You Are +1Reply

(insert joke about sometimes being a girl and sometimes being a guy here)

@1332889

haha no one thinks that...

xorachelxos avatar xorachelxo Yeah You Are -6Reply

I'm a guy and I like being friends with girls for obvious reasons.

But sometimes when I'm a guy I still prefer hanging out with guys. Both genders of me dislike girls (the guy version can be pretty gay).

http://tinyurl.com/5wqprme is an interesting article about internalised misogyny, which is a topic relevant to this post because women will often put down other women by saying "girls start drama" or that they "think like a man" and "aren't like other girls" (because instead of concluding that, y'know, stereotypes about women aren't true, they conclude that they must be the only exception).

I'm not saying people who hang around with guys are all doing it because of internalised misogyny. If you have hobbies and interests more traditionally masculine, you're probably going to meet more men (and have more in common with them) than women with feminine ones. But if you're actively seeking out friendships with just men based on stereotypes about women, you maaaay want to read that article above. :)

I like being friends with guys because none of my girl friends like to game with me :'(

Montanas avatar Montana Yeah You Are +3Reply

I'll be your guy friend! :D

Congrats on making the homepage

LuigiTimes avatar LuigiTime Yeah You Are 0Reply

I'm a girl, and my friends that are girls generally don't like to play Xbox with me, or chill in the woods, or set stuff on fire for no apparent reason, so...ya, guy friends.

Moosras avatar Moosra Yeah You Are -4Reply

I'm a girl and most of my friends are guys. Guys are always there for you and they don't start drama. I love it.

karen_xoxos avatar karen_xoxo Yeah You Are -11Reply
@karen_xoxo I'm a girl and most of my friends are guys. Guys are always there for you and they don't start drama. I love it.

Just don't let them touch your humps, or you will start some drama, and we don't want no drama.

It's not about the gender, it's about the person. Sure, girls can start drama, but I know a great deal of guys that do that too. And I know girls that are capable of always being there for me. It's not like being a girl means you're automatically some dramatic bitch.