+443

It's nearly impossible to pin the blame on parents any more. Your children turned out to be violent thugs? Blame the video games, not bad parenting. Your daughter sleeps with abusive men? Blame society, not father problems. Your child is failing school? Blame the teachers, not your inability to motivate your child. Even if it's true in some cases, it's still not entirely fair, amirite?

15 28

The part about the teachers is kinda stupid. Sometimes it IS okay to blame your children. I mean, some people I know don't make any effort whatsoever to pay attention in class. Most teachers are qualified for their jobs and blaming them isn't fair.

@Khauri_Bourne The part about the teachers is kinda stupid. Sometimes it IS okay to blame your children. I mean, some people I...

I don't think you get the point of this post. I was saying that it's not actually the teacher's fault, but the parent's inability to sort their children out.

All teachers are qualified, but only a select few really don't motivate the children or know how to handle them, like my old Maths teacher. He basically crushed the imagination in maths out of me until I had no confidence in what I was doing any more.

@Khauri_Bourne This really contradicted your original post...

No, it didn't. I was saying that it's impossible to blame parents because they always shift the blame to something else, not that you SHOULD be blaming something else.

@No, it didn't. I was saying that it's impossible to blame parents because they always shift the blame to something...

Lol, I'm realllly confused. First you say, "Don't blame parents" then you're like, "Don't blame teachers," and now you're like, "Parents can't be blamed because they always blame someone else first."

@Khauri_Bourne Lol, I'm realllly confused. First you say, "Don't blame parents" then you're like, "Don't blame teachers," and now...

I never said don't blame parents. Ever. I said it's impossible to pin the blame on them because they're passing the blame around all the time to avoid being dubbed bad parents.

@I never said don't blame parents. Ever. I said it's impossible to pin the blame on them because they're passing the...

Oh, I see. It was a sarcastic kinda tone right? It's kinda hard to type out tone... :/ thanks for clearing that up.

@Khauri_Bourne Oh, I see. It was a sarcastic kinda tone right? It's kinda hard to type out tone... :/ thanks for clearing that up.

No problem. :P I get what you meant though, I guess it can be read as if I'm supporting that sort of idea.

@KickAss Too bad your English teacher wasn't any better. It's math not maths

In England, we call it maths.

Don't worry though, you can stick with your ignorance. I hear it's a delightful tool.

KickAsss avatar KickAss Yeah You Are +3Reply

Well who let the children play these violent games?

@Wunderscore Well who let the children play these violent games?

That's exactly my point. The parents are shifting the blame despite them allowing it all to happen.

OP is saying it is the parents fault, but they never take the fall for it

The chances of it being from the games at all are slim to none.

Neighbors avatar Neighbor Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Neighbor The chances of it being from the games at all are slim to none.

I honestly don't know why people blame the video games. I've killed thousands in Call of Duty, but I can't even crush a spider without second thoughts.

Sergs avatar Serg Yeah You Are +10Reply
@Serg I honestly don't know why people blame the video games. I've killed thousands in Call of Duty, but I can't even...

I think if there was to be a problem it would stem from children not mature enough to play games like that. Most are, though.

Neighbors avatar Neighbor Yeah You Are +1Reply

My parents used to hit me. lol

@My parents used to hit me. lol

(boing-a-boing): My parents used to kill me. No lol

KickAsss avatar KickAss Yeah You Are +7Reply
@My parents used to hit me. lol

Cool story. Pretty much everyone's parents do/did.

@1335821

My old english teacher had a poster on her wall with two pictures. One had the caption "1980" with parents yelling at their kid about bad grades, and the "2010" picture where the parents are yelling at the teacher.

Sergs avatar Serg Yeah You Are +4Reply
@1335821

So who would your mother blame if you got bad grades?

Neighbors avatar Neighbor Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1336316

Conditionals are the key to that sentence.

@1336774

No, I think I'll blame someone else... I wonder who..

Oh, okay, I understand, it was sarcastic kinda.....

Also, depending on the age of the kids, I think they should take the responsibility. Like, at around 14-ish, I know the brain still hasn't matured, and that you're still gonna take stupid risks, but if you're failing school, then try and take responsibility for your own choice.

IDK about the other things, because they're more extreme - the daughter being in violent relationships. But I don't like automatically blaming society for the actions of the individual, but nor do I like blaming the parents. After a certain age, you can't blame other people for how you turned out.